Billy Napier to Florida

They went all in on Lincoln Riley and missed. Now Napier is off the board for them. Riley announced today he has no interest in LSU and is staying at Oklahoma. Now LSU is down to there 3rd choice. Starting to turn into there baseball search all over again and they will swear they got the man they wanted all along after settling for there 4th or 5th choice.
Napier was never going to LSU. He was upset with the way they treated Ed O and embarrassed him.

LSU is not getting Riley. He pretty thoroughly shot that down last night.

Once again, LSU is the one left standing up when the music stops. Their athletic department must be truly awful. Easiest school in the country to win at and they keep getting last pick on the coaches.

Crazy as it sounds, I think Mark Stoops would do well there. LSU recruits itself. He's been outperforming with lesser talent for a long while. He could finally see what he could do with elite talent.
Mark Stoops to LSU = Dan Mullen to Florida

I remember this same type of comment about Mullen/Florida.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Napier is a good coach.

Chadwell is the coach everyone is sleeping on. I'm glad Florida didn't reach out to him.

Napier has a good offensive mind. Not some guru, but he plays smart football. As in handoff to your power back with a lead blocker on 3rd and goal instead of a damn "read option "🙄.

Plays 11 on 11 with his QB being a runner. Good at "creating "space for his skill players.

Florida has a talent problem right now, and Napier is a very good recruiter who just got total autonomy with the Gators...
Florida is not 6-6 because of a talent problem. They were competitive with Bama and lost to teams with much inferior talent.

Napier is a Tennessee native. Wasn’t there some other Tennessee born coach who did pretty good with them?

He can likely win 9 or 10 games in a hurry there. They will always have talent. But he will be fired instantly if they slip.
It’s almost like they have high expectations or something. Crazy

Mark Stoops to LSU = Dan Mullen to Florida

I remember this same type of comment about Mullen/Florida.

Maybe, but now that they blew it with Napier, they don't have a lot of better (realistic) options on the board.

And Mullen was actually pretty successful at Florida, with the exception of their complete collapse this season.

Napier a better coach than Mullen? Doubtful. Let's remember Mullen has over 60% winning percentage as an SEC head coach and was a hair short of a 70% winning percentage at Florida. That's gonna be hard to beat.

But I still think Napier is a good coach, which is unfortunate. Would rather have seen them hire Bill O'Brien or Todd Monkin to truly be trading down.

LSU is not getting Riley. He pretty thoroughly shot that down last night.

Once again, LSU is the one left standing up when the music stops. Their athletic department must be truly awful. Easiest school in the country to win at and they keep getting last pick on the coaches.

Crazy as it sounds, I think Mark Stoops would do well there. LSU recruits itself. He's been outperforming with lesser talent for a long while. He could finally see what he could do with elite talent.
I guess we have something in common with LSU then. It's been said Tennessee recruits itself also. I wonder why colleges spend so much money on recruiting :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: VolNExile
LSU can name their price on a coach. If they didn't hire Napier, it's likely because he wasn't high on their list. I will be surprised if it isn't Aranda or Riley for LSU.

I'm ecstatic, Nape was my guy from the start...I was sweating bullets LSU was coming in last second to swoop him away...So happy, this guy is the real effing deal.
Mullen was the real deal supposedly. This guy hasn’t coached in a big boy league yet and it could end up a disaster... he does have potential, but it’s far from a sure thing.

You said Mullen was home run hire too 😂
Mullen lost the plot, but you can't deny it started off well...And besides, I'm willing to admit I was wrong about Mullen and would be willing to admit I was wrong about Nape...But I don't think I'll have to.

VN Store

Back