Billy Napier to Florida

I'm ecstatic, Nape was my guy from the start...I was sweating bullets LSU was coming in last second to swoop him away...So happy, this guy is the real effing deal.

he has ZERO florida connections as I understand it. I love the cajuns, but it will be an uphill clime. Seems florida doesn't have florida guys anymore.
What connections did Urban Meyer have to Florida when he was hired? What connections did Heupel have to Tennessee when he was hired in January? There’s a long list of successful coaches who didn’t have connections to the school or state when they were hired.

What connections did Urban Meyer have to Florida when he was hired? What connections did Heupel have to Tennessee when he was hired in January? There’s a long list of successful coaches who didn’t have connections to the school or state when they were hired.
And a long list of coaches who had connections to a school that failed miserably.

Florida just fired a guy who had Florida connections lol

Reactions: MAD
The OP on this gators message board brings up a good point and it’s funny to see the rest of the gator fans trying to convince themselves this is a spectacular hire like we used to do with the clowns we hired. Funny stuff!

Attachments

• F594D02B-9256-415D-B5D3-ED7F5E5D8752.png
    F594D02B-9256-415D-B5D3-ED7F5E5D8752.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 9039923B-B174-4EB5-B72D-E056EE8CF6C2.png
    9039923B-B174-4EB5-B72D-E056EE8CF6C2.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 154
I like it..solid hire..has coached with championship coaches and wins wherever he goes...curious what the board Gators think?
I just checked a forum of theirs and it’s universally positive. They believe it will elevate them to Saban level.

Reactions: VolnJC
Napier is a good coach.

Chadwell is the coach everyone is sleeping on. I'm glad Florida didn't reach out to him.

Napier has a good offensive mind. Not some guru, but he plays smart football. As in handoff to your power back with a lead blocker on 3rd and goal instead of a damn "read option "🙄.

Plays 11 on 11 with his QB being a runner. Good at "creating "space for his skill players.

Florida has a talent problem right now, and Napier is a very good recruiter who just got total autonomy with the Gators...
Florida doesn't have a talent problem, we had a coaching problem. Putting a QB out on the field that continued to throw INTs and sitting the guy who moved the team down the field is on the coaches. Sitting two 5* RB in order to get your SRs playing time is on the coaches. Not getting rid of a DC that gave up 35 points a game is a coaching problem.

We cut the head off the snake and won a game. Mullen never would have benched Emory after 3 INTs, on Saturday.

Reactions: Credo
I'm ecstatic, Nape was my guy from the start...I was sweating bullets LSU was coming in last second to swoop him away...So happy, this guy is the real effing deal.
Real deal? LOL he’s always in a dogfight with lesser teams. He has no identity amd is very vanilla. The opposite of what Florida usually hires when they’re successful. This will be a bad hire, IMO.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Real deal? LOL he’s always in a dogfight with lesser teams. He has no identity amd is very vanilla. The opposite of what Florida usually hires when they’re successful. This will be a bad hire, IMO.
Word is Tom Herman will be OC.

Would of thought LSU would’ve been all for Napier but guess not
They went all in on Lincoln Riley and missed. Now Napier is off the board for them. Riley announced today he has no interest in LSU and is staying at Oklahoma. Now LSU is down to there 3rd choice. Starting to turn into there baseball search all over again and they will swear they got the man they wanted all along after settling for there 4th or 5th choice.

So UF has a new coach. Hopefully fans can stop wetting themselves worrying about who they are going to hire. Like that even matters.
My general feeling is that Napier is that he is a solid choice, but not yet an absolute HomeRun hire. But who is, other than a Saban? Even LRiley is showing his faults these days. Complaints I've seen aired over Napes is that he is not an offensive guru and has not had the history of hiring an offensive mind to take his team to new levels. I believe he has primarily called his own plays as well and this has sparked criticism over lack of ingenuity, but need to confirm this. So from what I gather, he is a solid citizen who won't ever embarrass his U and good family guy who has staying power. Not yet proven as to whether he can lift his program to next levels but he will have resources.

VN Store

Back