Bill Self should...

Again, I think the whole thing is simple. If you are playing by the rules, you have nothing to worry about. If you are cheating, you might get away with it for awhile but you better be prepared to deal with the consequences.
Dont whine and cry when you get caught and blame someone else for being in trouble or get mad at the person who called you out on it.

Again, I think the whole thing is simple. If you are playing by the rules, you have nothing to worry about. If you are cheating, you might get away with it for awhile but you better be prepared to deal with the consequences.
Dont whine and cry when you get caught and blame someone else for being in trouble or get mad at the person who called you out on it.

As long as they are initiated into the coaching fraternity, then everyone should be content with their rivals cheating. If not, then cheat along with 'em!

Heck, that's what Hat always says. That's part of the reason why he detests Phil so much.

As long as they are initiated into the coaching fraternity, then everyone should be content with their rivals cheating. If not, then cheat along with 'em!

Heck, that's what Hat always says. That's part of the reason why he detests Phil so much.
No, I'm saying that if you choose to break code coaches have always lived by, especially in college hoops, don't act like a martyr and whine about spending a decade + in exile. Pearl made his own bed.

No, I'm saying that if you choose to break code coaches have always lived by, especially in college hoops, don't act like a martyr and whine about spending a decade + in exile. Pearl made his own bed.

I don't think I've heard him mention being 'stuck' in D-II for so long unless someone has asked him about it.

It's mainly the media in and around Knoxville (first) and the nation (later, moreso this year) that has made a big deal about it.

Given that you know absolutely nothing about my upbringing, you would be wise to keep shut about it. Then again, asking wisdom from you is like asking blood from a stone.

Considering your answer to my previous question, you wouldn't know wisdom if it pummelled you sqaurely in the face.

Considering your answer to my previous question, you wouldn't know wisdom if it pummelled you sqaurely in the face.
I'm not the one dealing in asinine hypotheticals. Since you seem to wish to link the two issues, how much did gang violence decrease in Chicago after Pearl turned the Illini in to the 'AA?

I'm not the one dealing in asinine hypotheticals. Since you seem to wish to link the two issues, how much did gang violence decrease in Chicago after Pearl turned the Illini in to the 'AA?

I'm not trying to link the two together. However, you seem to be against "snitching" regardless of the circumstance.

You grew up in East Tennessee, didn't you?
Yeah, and there's no drugs or violence in Appalachia. My grandfather must have been shot and killed as part of a Civil War reenactment gone bad. Silly me. All these years, I just assumed he was murdered. Thanks for your enlightening use of geographic stereotypes. The next time you start to chide someone for painting college athletes with a broad brush, look in the mirror. You're just as bad as those folks.

In regards to the snitching issue, there are definitely situations in which I would support a snitch - consider the extreme case of a kid planning to bring a firearm to school. Of course, I don't support every snitch. I just think it's very sweeping for anyone to suggest that everybody either supports or does not support all snitches.

I think it was wrong for Pearl to record the recruit without the recruit's knowledge. However, Pearl did his time for that. It's over. That was roughly 20 years ago. He is our coach now, and I don't care that he reported a school that was known for cheating 20 years ago.

And, it looks like Collins has been at UIC since 1996. I think he's had plenty of time to prove himself worthy of a better job and get one.

I find it interesting to quickly recap Pearl's career advancement from Collins' perspective. So, Collins got to start in the Horizon League, while Pearl had to start in D-2. Collins has since watched Pearl get called up to the Horizon League and then on to the SEC.

VN Store

Back