Bill Self should...

hatvol96

get himself some body paint and garish sport jackets. Despite the fact his resume and accomplishments dwarf those of The Sainted Bruce Pearl, there are some on this board who would have you believe they are actually in the same league as coaches. Looks like Bill needs to work on his self promotion skills.

Johnny Come Lately basketball fans.

Isn't that most of the men's basketball fan base nowadays? Aren't you expecting too much from children?

Come back in a few years after they've grown up a little.

it doesn't. it has everything to do with the fact that hat hadn't had the chance today to bring up how he is the only person who's opinion matters.
It's not the only one that matters. It's simply more informed and reasoned than those held by the likes of you.

It's not the only one that matters. It's simply more informed and reasoned than those held by the likes of you.

I just find it entertaining that you tout resume's so highly in some threads, then in others put people who have never been past a sweet 16 alongside the likes of Bill Self, Ben Howland, etc.

I don't necessarily disagree with you that Self is a better coach than Pearl, but this act you have of pretending you are the second coming of Red Auerbrach gets old. :hi:

If Pearl had the level of talent that Self gets every year I'm sure he could get just as far.

I don't necessarily disagree with you that Self is a better coach than Pearl, but this act you have of pretending you are the second coming of Red Auerbrach gets old. :hi:
If that's the case, there's a very easy step you can take to minimize your annoyance. I use it on an increasingly large portion of the posters here. Don't read or respond to what I write. I find using that simple process makes my day far more pleasant.

Hasn't Self and KU been knocked out of the NCAA in the first round in 2 of the last 4 years?

While we're kinda on the subject, who was the team that pulled the big first-round upset on KU a few years ago? I have been trying to recall that without looking it up on their website.

This thread is embarrassing.
Good, then leave. I certainly don't remember putting out a call for someone who made the ridiculous assertion that Kansas was the equivalent of Ohio State in football and would exposed as a fraud. The Jayhawks aren't laughing with you, they're laughing directly in your face.

I like Bill Self and think he has a better resume than Pearl. But Kansas got a 16 seed, an 8 seed, and a 12 seed (and now, a 10 seed), to get to the Final Four this year.

Good, then leave. I certainly don't remember putting out a call for someone who made the ridiculous assertion that Kansas was the equivalent of Ohio State in football and would exposed as a fraud. The Jayhawks aren't laughing with you, they're laughing directly in your face.

The Jayhawks couldn't care less what I think. You are embarrasing yourself throwing out threads like this baiting people into arguements. Then, instead of general dialog you pull out your general MO of unsolicited personal attacks. You need to chill out.

VN Store

Back