Big ten cancels football

It sucks to lose out on football, however I say Kuddos to the Pac 10 and Big 10 for not negotiating with this new Players Union. A bunch of kids and lawyers trying to leverage a global health crisis to push there personal agendas. 50% of conference revenue lol!!!

Good for the players, parents, and coaches. I’ve posed the question multiple times since June if anyone has bothered asking the players what they wanted.

I've read myriad times from "trusted" figures in sports "journalism" that players do not want to subject themselves to athletic competitions during a pandemic and that hoping for football to be played this fall is selfishly putting my personal enjoyment over the well-being of young athletes but, yet, I'm seeing tons of players chomping at the bit to suit up and little more than a handful of Vandy guys opting out.

Apparently the parents are not happy...

"If you're telling us it's not safe for our kids to be either in the practices or in the games, tell us why. We want to know," O'Shaughnessy said. "If we're supposed to be protecting our kids from something, we want to know what that is. The Big Ten did not share any of that information with us, and that's where I get mad."

This absolutely fascinates me:

1597604937436.png
1597604947436.png
1597604955720.png
1597604962775.png
1597604968433.png

Now, I think all five of the P5 conferences formed a Covid 19 medical advisory panel or board of some sort, and the leadership of each conference clearly communicated some form of "we're following the science" when announcing their decisions to postpone or continue on.

And so that truly begs the question: is the science colored by the politics?

It's hard to interpret the differences in conference direction any other way. The conferences centered mainly on blue states are super afraid of Covid 19. The conferences centered mainly on red states are cautiously confident that they can play through safely.

And given this, why on earth was the B10 surprised when no one but the PAC followed their lead?

It's fascinating (and worrying) how science and politics have become so inextricably intertwined, whether the subject is Covid or global warming or just about anything else.

This absolutely fascinates me:
It's fascinating (and worrying) how science and politics have become so inextricably intertwined, whether the subject is Covid or global warming or just about anything else.

I don't think any science is inVOLved. All conferences appear to be playing. Just some elected to delay the start about 3 months. It just comes down to personal preference...

VN Store

Back