Beating Fla. in 2007.........

UT-31
UF-33

Chavis' incredible defense will fail in the 4th quarter once again.

QB is where UT may have an advantage, but WR is a push, we under-utilize our TE's , so that is a non-factor. DB, DE, and LB? Are you kidding me?

Typically, Chavis can rebuild a defense during the offseason. This is one of the first seasons I can remember when the defensive line struggled. He'll have the d-line playing like all-americans next season for sure. I am worried about DB, but Chavis gears the defense around the pass rush, to minimize the impact of poor pass defense by the DBs. Besides, can Tebow pass on 3rd and long?

UF 35

UT 14

the fulmerites will say we were outmatched and there is always next year. the coaching staff will say we need to be more physical. hamilton will start the coaching search.:rock:

Nope - no joke. There is a strong chance that they will replace 10 starters on D next year - that is 10 out of 11.

Our D will be much better than FL's next year. It is hard to do a person to person comparison at each position since we have no idea who FL will start. But I am confident that we will have an advantage in each spot.

They will lose 9 on defense. That's more than the number UT lost last year.

Florida could easily finish 8-4. Seriously, but so could we.
i still think our biggest disadvantage in this game is that we're the first SEC team to face them.

every other SEC team gets to watch film on us and them and see what they are capable of or not against an SEC defense etc....i wish we played them in Oct.

QB is where UT may have an advantage, but WR is a push, we under-utilize our TE's , so that is a non-factor. DB, DE, and LB? Are you kidding me?
Have you looked at UF's defensive depth chart and who they are losing?

UT will have a decided advantage in these defensive areas. The only way UF's defense is good is if every player plays well beyond their experience and talent.

You can access their depth chart on Rivals easily. Just take a look for yourself. They're in trouble.

OSU's defensive inexperience was highly publicized but they still started 6 srs this year. UF doesn't look to have 6 upperclassmen available to start.

They may pull off a miracle... but that is exactly what it will be if their defense is anywhere near what it was this year.

not to be a "negavol" but how many times has UT had the personnel advantage over UF and it has meant absolutely nothing?
Actually very seldom.

Can you name a specific example when UF shouldn't have been competitive or were a decisive underdog and beat UT?

Doesn't matter how many starters they lose... they have outstanding young talent and a coaching staff that knows how to get the most out of it.
Take a look at their depth chart and name them. UT will be more experienced and talented by far than UF on defense this year.

The Vols will win if they have solid DT play.

The Vols will win big if they have solid DT play and find two or 3 playmakers at WR.

UF's O line will be their strength. They have talent at WR but little experience beyond Harvin and Caldwell. They are still searching for a RB. Tebow won't be able to get away with taking FB hits next year.... and they'll miss Leak alot more than they think they will.

This is football and weird things happen... but UT should beat UF even if you think UF has that overwhelming coaching advantage which I don't. Chavis and Cut are solid. They are the guys who will or won't compete with UF's coaching- not Fulmer no matter how much some guys would love to have him to blame.

Actually very seldom.

Can you name a specific example when UF shouldn't have been competitive or were a decisive underdog and beat UT?

1993, 1997, 1999 and 2002... they weren't significant underdogs as you would say, but those were games where we had a senior qb or in 2002's case an experieced qb in knoxville and we should have won.

UF was 11-2 in 93 and 10-2 in 97 and the games were reasonably close. Those are not good examples.

As far as 99 and 02, I believe Clausen was the QB you were referring to. I wouldn't have considered UT a favorite over any good team with him at QB.

UF was 11-2 in 93 and 10-2 in 97 and the games were reasonably close. Those are not good examples.

As far as 99 and 02, I believe Clausen was the QB you were referring to. I wouldn't have considered UT a favorite over any good team with him at QB.

I guess that's why 2002 was one of the highest passing yardage seasons in UT history. Give me a break. UT's problems in 2002, were the O-line and a weak defense. Clausen would have won a championship if not for deficiencies at other positions.

And yet, you didn't mention what Tennessee's record was in 1993 and 1997... or who our losses were to with senior QB's... :clapping: :crazy:

VN Store

Back