Beating Fla. in 2007.........

Fine Vol

Go Vols
With the loss of key talented players on D, and the fact that Tebow will be starting and not Leak, how do we feel about beating them in 2007? Tebow has done great so far but being the leader is a whole different realm than stepping in for a couple plays.
1 I like Ainges play, It will keep improving.
2 Cutt will have even more impact with everyday that passes.:thumbsup:
3. O line has to improve, lets go CPF get them ready, you played line.
4. I would rather play Fla with Tebow starting than with Leak starting, that is a positive.
5. We will be way better off in the running game, positive yards this year vs. Fla.

I feel more confident today than I did a week ago. I looked really hard at every SEC East roster and which team was losing what. Florida is losing possibly 10 starters on defense. If Earl Everett and Reggie Nelson declare, they will have 1 or 2 players returning who have a ton of experience. Their defense was the reason they won 13 games this season - they were incredible.

Florida's offensive line will certainly improve due to experience. They were terribly young. However, Florida loses their top 3 receivers, and while Harvin is amazing, he'll only be a SO.

In the end, while Florida will have top notch talent, it will be young, young, VERY young talent. They might beat us in the Swamp this season, but they will have a worse record than 2006.

With the loss of key talented players on D, and the fact that Tebow will be starting and not Leak, how do we feel about beating them in 2007? Tebow has done great so far but being the leader is a whole different realm than stepping in for a couple plays.
4. I would rather play Fla with Tebow starting than with Leak starting, that is a positive.
5. We will be way better off in the running game, positive yards this year vs. Fla.

Florida enters that game with a distinct coaching advantage. They have equal (if not better) talent at most positions. They have recruits that are equal to if not better than the guys we are bringing in this year. They are playing in The Swamp. Fulmer is 0-2 against Meyer and has only won two games in Florida.

But other than that, I think we will roll the Gators. :crazy:

Florida enters that game with a distinct coaching advantage. They have equal (if not better) talent at all positions. They have recruits that are equal to if not better than the guys we are bringing in this year. They are playing in The Swamp. Fulmer is 0-2 against Meyer and has only won two games in Florida.

But other than that, I think we will roll the Gators. :crazy:
All true, its sound bad huh.

no chance.:thumbsup:

If we don't step up our rush defense, we are gonna have problems with alot of teams.

Wow. How about you have a better attitude, OR let us talk about what we like while you leave, not returning until August.

Not too sure how that really portrays as a bad attitude. It wasn't even a negative comment. More like a slap in the face or a whiff of the reality of the situation. But I guess if we beat Florida then there is always something positive to fall back upon if our season goes South. :good!:

FL will be a good squad but UT will have the edge at most positions. The unknown is how their D will reload. The UT game will be the first real test for their youngsters - since they play the usual cupcake schedule to start the year.

I like our chances.

FL will be a good squad but UT will have the edge at most positions. The unknown is how their D will reload. The UT game will be the first real test for their youngsters - since they play the usual cupcake schedule to start the year.

I like our chances.

Pass me some of that...

Skill Position Advantages:
QB - UT
WR - UT (both lose all, UT has better potential)
TB - UT
TE - UT
DB - UT
DE - UT
LB - UT

I don't see where FL has an advantage. Sure, throw out the Harvin at WR, but his numbers being a WR were very, very modest. He has a big upside but health issues lead me to give the adv to UT.

we keep it close and make a big play at the end. Thats what you do when youre an underdog.

QB - UT
TB - UT
TE - UT
DB - UT
DE - UT
LB - UT

I don't see where FL has an advantage. Sure, throw out the Harvin at WR, but his numbers being a WR were very, very modest. He has a big upside but health issues lead me to give the adv to UT.

QB is where UT may have an advantage, but WR is a push, we under-utilize our TE's , so that is a non-factor. DB, DE, and LB? Are you kidding me?

I just hope big Phil can close strong with recruiting. It looks good right now but it's not over until the guys turn in their LOI. And please don't let none of or should I say too many of them fail to qualify. Next year could be a key year for some Freshman at UT such as Eric Berry.

QB - UT
TB - UT
TE - UT
DB - UT
DE - UT
LB - UT

I'd say UF's biggest advantage lies in their ability to coach their players better than we can at most, if not all, of those positions listed.

QB - UT
TB - UT
TE - UT
DB - UT
DE - UT
LB - UT

COACHING- Fla huge advantage.

a win over UF is always a good thing, but using a team full of Seniors and Juniors to beat a team full of freshmen and sophomores and then feeling good about it just strikes me as hollow.

A win is a win, I mean I am sure UF doesnt mind beating our heads in when they have more upperclassmen.

QB is where UT may have an advantage, but WR is a push, we under-utilize our TE's , so that is a non-factor. DB, DE, and LB? Are you kidding me?

Nope - no joke. There is a strong chance that they will replace 10 starters on D next year - that is 10 out of 11.

Our D will be much better than FL's next year. It is hard to do a person to person comparison at each position since we have no idea who FL will start. But I am confident that we will have an advantage in each spot.

not to be a "negavol" but how many times has UT had the personnel advantage over UF and it has meant absolutely nothing?

VN Store

Back