Baylen Buchanon held back for spine condition

That is really unfortunate, hope the best for him. Does anyone know who is supposed to start at nickel/STAR in his place?

The tweet says Pruitt mentions a "red shirt year." I fail to see how sitting out a year will increase the size of the interior of his spine. Sort head scratching over here.

Damn shade tree doctors....I kid. :)

Reactions: VolNExile
angry-sjw.gif

Spinal Stenosis. I've treated hundreds of patients during my years of practice as a therapist. The vast majority of them began showing symptoms in their 60s though. The narrowing can affect any part of the spine and can cause horrible pain as well as debilitating weakness since both sensory and motor nerves are affected.

Had to have had some type of symptom to cause Drs. to take a closer look via CT scan or MRI. A condition that can't be treated surgically as far as i know. (Could be wrong about that). Likely unwise to be lowering the head and jam into another player. Al Wilson couldn't pass the Giants last physical because of something very similiar. Tiger and Peyton had complicated and several fusions by competent surgeons but we're talking multi-millionaires. This is Willie Buchanan's son who was all pro DB for the Chiefs or Packers if I'm not mistaken. Could be related in another way. With modern medicine I could see it getting fixed but this is a tough deal. I feel for this kid. A lot will depend on where it's located and if it's confined to 1 vertebrae or the whole spine has the narrowing.

If he is out I assume Burrell will play the star position. Heal up young man. Hope everything works out for the better.

Last edited:
According to Mayo web site there are surgical options. But, there is no mention of post surgical cautions or prohibited activities. One might think that high contact sports could be an issue. OTOH, I'm not a doc.

Wow, you win the award for most insensitive internet comment of the day. Pathetic.
I'm simply stating it's not that big of a loss. I don't wish for any player to be hurt. But go ahead and spin it whatever way you like. It was a poor choice words I apologize for that don't mean any ill will towards the young man. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Had to have had some type of symptom to cause Drs. to take a closer look via CT scan or MRI. A condition that can't be treated surgically as far as i know. (Could be wrong about that). Likely unwise to be lowering the head and jam into another player. Al Wilson couldn't pass the Giants last physical because of something very similiar. Tiger and Peyton had complicated and several fusions by competent surgeons but we're talking multi-millionaires. This is Willie Buchanan's son who was all pro DB for the Chiefs or Packers if I'm not mistaken. Could be related in another way. With modern medicine I could see it getting fixed but this is a tough deal. I feel for this kid. A lot will depend on where it's located and if it's confined to 1 vertebrae or the whole spine has the narrowing.

Yes it can be treated surgically, but might not be the best idea to continue to play football, depending on the type of procedure performed and hardware implanted (if any). Also makes a difference if we’re talking cervical, thoracic, or lumbar stenosis.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back