Baylen Buchanon held back for spine condition

angry-sjw.gif
The live camera work here is legendary

Had to have had some type of symptom to cause Drs. to take a closer look via CT scan or MRI. A condition that can't be treated surgically as far as i know. (Could be wrong about that). Likely unwise to be lowering the head and jam into another player. Al Wilson couldn't pass the Giants last physical because of something very similiar. Tiger and Peyton had complicated and several fusions by competent surgeons but we're talking multi-millionaires. This is Willie Buchanan's son who was all pro DB for the Chiefs or Packers if I'm not mistaken. Could be related in another way. With modern medicine I could see it getting fixed but this is a tough deal. I feel for this kid. A lot will depend on where it's located and if it's confined to 1 vertebrae or the whole spine has the narrowing.

Ray Buchanan is his father ( former Falcon DB)

Wonder who will lose their football career next for us

taking the easy way out here.

butch never physically prepared these young men properly for the rigors of a big boy SEC schedule and they've been breaking down due to this inadequacy. this list is looooonng.

feel for the young man and he was a consistent contributor.

taking the easy way out here.

butch never physically prepared these young men properly for the rigors of a big boy SEC schedule and they've been breaking down due to this inadequacy. this list is looooonng.

feel for the young man and he was a consistent contributor.
I don’t like Butch, but this has nothing to do with what he did or didn’t do.

Yes it can be treated surgically, but might not be the best idea to continue to play football, depending on the type of procedure performed and hardware implanted (if any). Also makes a difference if we’re talking cervical, thoracic, or lumbar stenosis.
Yeah I thought my post was running a little long and didn't want to get into details but lower lumbar involving 1-2 vertebrae is definitely not as risky as the cervical,(neck) region as far as head on contact goes. Just rare to find out when it's a young man and that's why I was referring to the initial symptom leading to the discovery in the 1st place. It has no choice but to be somewhat serious if it's causing symptoms at his age.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If he is out I don't sweat it that much I never thought he was good. Burrell is a better option long term
Seriously? This is what you thought when you heard that one of our young men had a possible career-ending spinal condition?

Reactions: Lurker
Just walk away young man it isn’t worth it. Nothing is worth your health, not football, not money, not a ten win season etc. we all want to win, and you could help us win, but I’d rather lose than win and your life forever be altered. We’ll be ok. Just take care of yourself

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Seriously? This is what you thought when you heard that one of our young men had a possible career-ending spinal condition?
If you read farther I stated that I didn't mean any ill will behind it. I chose poor wording and should have acknowledges it prior to writing that.

Again I didn't mean it to be throwing shade at one our players for being hurt. It was inconsiderate and I do apologize if it offended anyone. I know this is just a forum board but I do care of what people think of me. Once again I hope Buchanan has a full recovery and wish him the best for his future.

Reactions: SmokinBob
The tweet says Pruitt mentions a "red shirt year." I fail to see how sitting out a year will increase the size of the interior of his spine. Sort head scratching over here.

Something's not adding up with this narrowing of the spine issue, but the truth of the matter may be much easier to understand and will probably be explained along the way, stay tuned.

Yes it can be treated surgically, but might not be the best idea to continue to play football, depending on the type of procedure performed and hardware implanted (if any). Also makes a difference if we’re talking cervical, thoracic, or lumbar stenosis.

Exactly, If I had to guess I'd imagine it's cervical stenosis in his neck and upper spine, but that's just my best guess.

I don't think so, scoliosis is curvature of the spine and his condition is narrowing of the spine, or as I understand it
I should have read the report I didn't view it as a possible career ending injury. I feel bad for what I previously said

Reactions: Lurker

VN Store

Back