Basilio Still Thinks Pruitt is Likely Gone

We don’t make fun of his accent, we cringe at his inability to speak coherent English when addressing the public. You’re the face of the University, so let’s at least give off the image we can speak basic English.

Edit: I’m also a Tri Cities native who loves cornbread. Eatz on Moore Street has some of best! Their fried catfish is also the best I’ve ever had!
Do you really think his command of the English language is much worse than the majority of the fan base? If his results were that of Bear Bryant, who also didn’t great possess great speaking skills most people would overlook those issues. I will try the catfish, the next time I am in the area.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
I don't really care either way. If the guy could coach, I wouldn't care if he spoke Swahili. I just want a head coach that knows how to motivate his players and get the most out of them, which Pruitt clearly does not know how to do.
I agree with most of that, but if your HC is the face of the university and represents the university to the world, I’d prefer he at least be a decent public speaker and not sound like a backwoods redneck. I mean is it really that hard to understand double negatives and how plural nouns work?

Reactions: vettefool
Do you really think his command of the English language is much worse than the majority of the fan base? If his results were that of Bear Bryant, who also didn’t great possess great speaking skills most people would overlook those issues. I will try the catfish, the next time I am in the area.
That’s not really my point. Do you think most of America can speak eloquently? Would you rather the president sound like most of America or at least sound some what respectable when giving a speech to the world? You don’t have to be an Obama or a Reagan in terms of public speaking, but you at least have to be able speak in a way that doesn’t make you sound like you didn’t pass 4th grade English. That’s all I’m saying.

The jerk chicken is fantastic as well!

I agree with most of that, but if you’re HC is the face of the university and represents the university to the world, I’d prefer he at least be a decent public speaker and not sound like a backwoods redneck. I mean is it really that hard to understand double negatives and how plural nouns work?
You done writ a good post!

That’s not really my point. Do you think most of America can speak eloquently? Would you rather the president sound like most of America or at least sound some what respectable when giving a speech to the world? You don’t have to be an Obama or a Reagan in terms of public speaking, but you at least have to be able speak in a way that doesn’t make you sound like you didn’t pass 4th grade English. That’s all I’m saying.

The jerk chicken is fantastic as well!
Good points, and Coach Pruitt was an schoolteacher

Sorry, I am just tired of people on this board who know nothing, quoting radio talk show hosts who know nothing. But then these rumors all of a sudden become facts. If these local yocals on WNML and others including Basilio were held accountable for false information they put out like Coach Pruitt is for his coaching decisions, they would make Pruitt look like Don Shula. Of course Coach Pruitt will probably be fired at sometime, maybe today, maybe next week, after the season is over, maybe he lasts 10 years. I have no idea, but I am willing to wait for official word from the University. I can predict everyday, it’s going to rain and eventually I am going to be right and I’m no weatherman. I also find it funny for Tennessee fan’s making fun of Coach Pruitt’s accent when the majority of our fans are in Tennessee which has one of the most colloquial accents in America and I am a tri-cities native and love “cornbread” 😄
A tri-cities native you say? We might have crossed paths and not even known it 😎 These towns are uncanny like that.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
There never going to specifically state it and you know that. Hold a press conference and state Fulmer is the AD but we want it to be known he does not have the responsibilities to hire a HC. LOL!
Very few AD’s has the final authority in hiring a HC. They have to get it signed off by a higher-up.

Still believing in these mysterious insiders I see

I wonder who will be our next HC? My money is on Steele but Randy Sanders is the dark horse.

Tony retracted that statement today in his blog. He says he has not been given any info saying that CJP wouldn’t be here in 2021. First or second paragraph after Orange Throat’s insert. Which is smart for Tony, this university and the leadership in charge is and has been an absolute failure. From the AD, to the President and “boosters”, they’re all incompetent much like our head football coach.

We need to hire a proven winner when and if the time comes......firing a coach is easy but finding the right replacement
is ridiculously hard....hopefully we will have a replacement before we fire cornbread.....I have so little confidence in our
administration to hire the right coach that I think it would be better just to hold tight until we fire FILL and all his cronies

We need to hire a proven winner when and if the time comes......firing a coach is easy but finding the right replacement
is ridiculously hard....hopefully we will have a replacement before we fire cornbread.....I have so little confidence in our
administration to hire the right coach that I think it would be better just to hold tight until we fire FILL and all his cronies
the winner also needs to be a player developer and good as a leader and in front of a microphone.

Tony retracted that statement today in his blog. He says he has not been given any info saying that CJP wouldn’t be here in 2021. First or second paragraph after Orange Throat’s insert. Which is smart for Tony, this university and the leadership in charge is and has been an absolute failure. From the AD, to the President and “boosters”, they’re all incompetent much like our head football coach.
He's walking it back just like several will do shortly.

He's walking it back just like several will do shortly.
no he’s not. Thinks it still happens but this is TN and anything can happen because they are stupid

The report from the lawyers is in the chancellors hand as of this morning tho so we’ll see what happens

Reactions: vol05
The university, its boosters, President, chancellor, athletic director and fans are willing to accept trash. We will talk ourselves into believing again this offseason. Fact is we have a never done it Coach and Athletic Director, what did we expect to happen?

200w.gif

I disagree with you, I believe the insiders here are giving reliable details regarding what’s going on behind the scenes. Plowman and Boyd will be more active than past Administrations in hiring HC’s. I don’t believe they have confidence in Fulmer’s abilities.
If that was true, then Fulmer would no longer be the AD.

VN Store

Back