Basilio Still Thinks Pruitt is Likely Gone

I don’t believe you are right in this. Plowman and Boyd are more involved and restricting Fulmer according to those members I gave you before.

And they've provided zero evidence that his authority is less than that of his predecessors.

I wish they were correct, but the extension in August , tells me that they are not.

And they've provided zero evidence that his authority is less than that of his predecessors.

I wish they were correct, but the extension in August , tells me that they are not.
What kind of evidence do you want from them ?
What happened in August is now a non-factor after the disastrous 2020 season.

Sport source? Laughable and way to many commercials. HYAMS is a known LSU fan, and thinks he knows all. He can return home at anytime.They are Puppets of the university and are told what to say. I do enjoy the Vfl's take, but media guys need to just stick to writing. Oh....did I mention way way to many commercials geez!!

Reactions: onevol74
You guys might wanna listen to the sports source. Everyone on that show says Pruitt is gone

Excuse me if I don't put a lot of stock in what media in Tennessee is claiming especially about the Vols head coaching status.

Pruitt will be the coach in 2021. All signs point towards that. None point otherwise. Thinking/hoping he'll be fired is deluding yourself from reality.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Excuse me if I don't put a lot of stock in what media in Tennessee is claiming especially about the Vols head coaching status.

Pruitt will be the coach in 2021. All signs point towards that. None point otherwise. Thinking/hoping he'll be fired is deluding yourself from reality.
You are right....Jp will be the coach of 2021...January 2021!! That will be all

And what has changed? Pruitt is still here, Fulmer is still the AD, literally nothing has changed.
Just going by what they posted. Fulmer is on a short leash and I believe there is merit to it. No sense in us going back and forth dozens of times over this, we just disagree.

Running with a nothing story
Who? Trey Wallace?? That story has never been disputed. And I find it interesting they would pay $1000 an hour for a “nothing story”. NOTHING in Wallace’s story has been proven wrong and has been backed up by every sports reporter in the country that bothered to check into it.

Just going by what they posted. Fulmer is in a short leash and I believe there is merit to it. Nonsense in us going back dozens of times over this, we just disagree.

The difference is that you are basing your entire premise on posts on a messageboard, and mine are based on the reality, that nothing has changed. Fulmer handed Pruitt an extension 5 months ago, Pruitt went 3-7, and there he's still here, and Fulmer is still the AD. There are no veritable indications that Fulmer's authority or abilities have been removed.

In fact, the hiring of Steele would most likely indicate an increased exertion of influence by Fulmer on the football program.

The difference is that you are basing your entire premise on posts on a messageboard, and mine are based on the reality, that nothing has changed. Fulmer handed Pruitt an extension 5 months ago, Pruitt went 3-7, and there he's still here, and Fulmer is still the AD. There are no veritable indications that Fulmer's authority or abilities have been removed.

In fact, the hiring of Steele would most likely indicate an increased exertion of influence by Fulmer on the football program.
I disagree with you, I believe the insiders here are giving reliable details regarding what’s going on behind the scenes. Plowman and Boyd will be more active than past Administrations in hiring HC’s. I don’t believe they have confidence in Fulmer’s abilities.

I disagree with you, I believe the insiders here are giving reliable details regarding what’s going on behind the scenes. Plowman and Boyd will be more active than past Administrations in hiring HC’s. I don’t believe they have confidence in Fulmer’s abilities.
I have to agree with Bearded, and if there are any insiders discovered revealing any proprietary information on a message board, they won’t be insiders much longer.

I have to agree with Bearded, and if there are any insiders discovered revealing any proprietary information on a message board, they won’t be insiders much longer.
There not revealing proprietary info. For instance one VN member Posted info about the Steele hire and the trip to California about 48 hours prior to the information being broke by sports pundits. One or more have stated that Fulmer is being closely managed if/who a new HC is hired. One has predicted a few hours in advance if a recruit is coming here or not. I don’t place 100% trust in their posts but I do place quite a bit of confidence in what they are posting.

I didn’t group them, they are separated by “and” . It’s if I said I don’t listen to sports center and Fox News. Does that clear it up or do need make it more elementary?

No, you just need to make it a little more condescending. I was repeating what I had heard Basilio and others discuss. I don’t have any direct evidence. You seem a little tense.

Who? Trey Wallace?? That story has never been disputed. And I find it interesting they would pay $1000 an hour for a “nothing story”. NOTHING in Wallace’s story has been proven wrong and has been backed up by every sports reporter in the country that bothered to check into it.
The same guy who said Pruitt is down 34-7 with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter in terms of his job, that was 2 weekends ago when he said that. So I take it Pruitt made it to OT?

Just like the Gruden BS Trey spewed or the Juan Jennings is going pro blah blah blah the list goes on.

Yes, a lot of people dislike and discredit him, but it’s something. He posted his blog this evening, and he said that if Pruitt’s job security was a football game he would be “down 35-7 at home against Kentucky with JG at quarterback.” He also notes that he thinks Kevin Steele is going to be the interim if (when) Tennessee fires Pruitt. Not sure if I’m buying it, but it’s still something to note.

I'm too tired to note it. With all the crap coming out of UT, they just need to build the world's largest septic treatment facility to process it. Gonna cost billions.

Sport source? Laughable and way to many commercials. HYAMS is a known LSU fan, and thinks he knows all. He can return home at anytime.They are Puppets of the university and are told what to say. I do enjoy the Vfl's take, but media guys need to just stick to writing. Oh....did I mention way way to many commercials geez!!
Actually Hyams and the others have been pretty anti-Pruitt this go around. I agree that they, more so Hyams, are typically the mouthpiece of the university. But this go around, they’ve actually been pretty negative about it all.

Latest blog post with some nuggets. Tifwiw
The Tony Basilio Show
This post is a lot less negative/incendiary compared to his others. I love Tony and believe he is reporting what he thinks, but I also understand he has a job to do and bills to pay. Compared to his other posts, I read this one more as “he’s staying, but I need to keep my followers on a high alert to continue creating interest, so I’ll just egg it along a little more”. The others I legitimately believe he thought there was a good chance he’s gone, but this one doesn’t read that way.

No, you just need to make it a little more condescending. I was repeating what I had heard Basilio and others discuss. I don’t have any direct evidence. You seem a little tense.
Sorry, I am just tired of people on this board who know nothing, quoting radio talk show hosts who know nothing. But then these rumors all of a sudden become facts. If these local yocals on WNML and others including Basilio were held accountable for false information they put out like Coach Pruitt is for his coaching decisions, they would make Pruitt look like Don Shula. Of course Coach Pruitt will probably be fired at sometime, maybe today, maybe next week, after the season is over, maybe he lasts 10 years. I have no idea, but I am willing to wait for official word from the University. I can predict everyday, it’s going to rain and eventually I am going to be right and I’m no weatherman. I also find it funny for Tennessee fan’s making fun of Coach Pruitt’s accent when the majority of our fans are in Tennessee which has one of the most colloquial accents in America and I am a tri-cities native and love “cornbread” 😄

Sorry, I am just tired of people on this board who know nothing, quoting radio talk show hosts who know nothing. But then these rumors all of a sudden become facts. If these local yocals on WNML and others including Basilio were held accountable for false information they put out like Coach Pruitt is for his coaching decisions, they would make Pruitt look like Don Shula. Of course Coach Pruitt will probably be fired at sometime, maybe today, maybe next week, after the season is over, maybe he lasts 10 years. I have no idea, but I am willing to wait for official word from the University. I can predict everyday, it’s going to rain and eventually I am going to be right and I’m no weatherman. I also find it funny for Tennessee fan’s making fun of Coach Pruitt’s accent when the majority of our fans are in Tennessee which has one of the most colloquial accents in America and I am a tri-cities native and love “cornbread” 😄
We don’t make fun of his accent, we cringe at his inability to speak coherent English when addressing the public. You’re the face of the University, so let’s at least give off the image we can speak basic English.

Edit: I’m also a Tri Cities native who loves cornbread. Eatz on Moore Street has some of best! Their fried catfish is also the best I’ve ever had!

Reactions: Vollifer1949
We don’t make fun of his accent, we cringe at his inability to speak coherent English when addressing the public. You’re the face of the University, so let’s at least give off the image we can speak basic English.

Edit: I’m also a Tri Cities native who loves cornbread. Eatz on Moore Street has some of best! Their fried catfish is also the best I’ve ever had!

I don't really care either way. If the guy could coach, I wouldn't care if he spoke Swahili. I just want a head coach that knows how to motivate his players and get the most out of them, which Pruitt clearly does not know how to do.

Reactions: Godfatha

VN Store

Back