Basilio off air?

I didn't know he was still on the air.
I don't mean that snarky, btw. I really didn't know he still had a show. Is he affiliated with a radio station, or is it just a web show?

Last edited:
Reactions: tsad06
Any news here? I noticed the web account was as of today suspended. Is TB off air also?
The website was up for just a little while this morning. Basilio posted this on Twitter...
Tony Basilio

@TonyBasilio

·
3h

Re Our site crash. increased traffic of late is causing outages on the main server we use. It's a mess. You will still be able to hear our show on your Tony Basilio Show App. Plus Periscope. Plus Tune In. I'm very sorry about this.

The website was up for just a little while this morning. Basilio posted this on Twitter...
Tony Basilio
@TonyBasilio

·
3h

Re Our site crash. increased traffic of late is causing outages on the main server we use. It's a mess. You will still be able to hear our show on your Tony Basilio Show App. Plus Periscope. Plus Tune In. I'm very sorry about this.

LOL....starting that BS rumor on Saturday may have something to do with it.

I assume you mean I broke a rule by asking about TB. Don't see why that is forbidden since it is a source of info during a desperate time in football for UT. Not saying it is a trusted source but out here in the hinterlands we crave the info.

If he had real inside info, into what is really going on then things would be okay. Pretending you are an insider to appease the masses and getting our hopes up is not cool.

I never saw or heard, but did Ainge ever come back to his show ? Is he doing ok ?

He's not off air. His website is down because of increased traffic. More and more people listen to him because he don't spew the company line and he actually tries to tell it like it is. I know it seems like a lot of people here crack on him but he's right more often than not. He's the best source of info for UT sports out there. I've been in radio for over 20 years myself in Northeast Tennessee so I feel like I know a few things about the radio business.

Aside from Tony telling things like he sees them and not holding things back or being a sheep he's actually a really nice and genuine guy. He does a lot for kids and charities and quite a bit behind the scenes that he doesn't take credit for. He's actually a humble dude and he tries to give good information.

You don't have to believe him - but if you go back and listen to his shows - there's no way to argue that he doesn't know what he's talking about. He does, and he's right more than he's wrong. And no, I have absolutely nothing to do with his programs but when I do listen to sports radio around Knoxville he's the only one I give any of my time to.

He's not off air. His website is down because of increased traffic. More and more people listen to him because he don't spew the company line and he actually tries to tell it like it is. I know it seems like a lot of people here crack on him but he's right more often than not. He's the best source of info for UT sports out there. I've been in radio for over 20 years myself in Northeast Tennessee so I feel like I know a few things about the radio business.

Aside from Tony telling things like he sees them and not holding things back or being a sheep he's actually a really nice and genuine guy. He does a lot for kids and charities and quite a bit behind the scenes that he doesn't take credit for. He's actually a humble dude and he tries to give good information.

You don't have to believe him - but if you go back and listen to his shows - there's no way to argue that he doesn't know what he's talking about. He does, and he's right more than he's wrong. And no, I have absolutely nothing to do with his programs but when I do listen to sports radio around Knoxville he's the only one I give any of my time to.

Question his radio show, his knowledge, etc., but he is one of the nicest and sincere dudes you will ever meet.

I like him personally

Question his radio show, his knowledge, etc., but he is one of the nicest and sincere dudes you will ever meet.
I met him in person a year or so ago when I was visiting Knoxville. I am friends with one of his neighbors. We talked UT for about 25 minutes and he seemed genuinely interested in hearing my thoughts about the school and various teams at UT. He was outgoing and friendly.

VN Store

Back