Basilio blog today

Did Tony say when Lovies plane would land?

When it comes to coaching searches - Tony is on the Out and Out.

Uneducated is correct user name, this joke is played. Basilio nor any other journalist be correct if coaches change their mind.

He's a $hit stirrer and says what the legion of miserables want to hear.
They don't care that he's almost always wrong because he says what they want to hear.

So, when he said today that, " Butch is coming back," and he wants Butch to succeed, and he is not going to allow this year to become a 'ride Butch out of town' fest on his program, he was just stirring ****?

Just for clarification, the post from Basilio show was written by Vol Colonel (whoever that is), not Basilio. Unless Basilio has a bunch of alters, he did not retype it, some other contributor on his show did.

Supposedly this vol colonel is a former Tennessee qb,and a booster . Ainge??? Who knows.

If Mahoney is back next year it won't matter who is coaching QBs or calling the plays when Dormady or Guarantano are running for their lives.

That guy needs to be the first guy shown the door, friend of Butch or not.

Supposedly this vol colonel is a former Tennessee qb,and a booster . Ainge??? Who knows.

I really doubt it could be Ainge. Pretty sure I've heard the Colonel say a bunch of things that make me think he's an older guy who's been a booster for many, many years.

I've never heard that he was a QB at UT and kind of doubt that that's correct. If he is he would have to have played in the 60s or 70s and probably buried in the depth chart. Surely not Doc Rudder... ???

Did Tony say when Lovies plane would land?

When it comes to coaching searches - Tony is on the Out and Out.

Lovie has achieved low-earth orbit and is waiting until we win the MCB to make his arrival. Apparently he just got tired of refueling.

I really doubt it could be Ainge. Pretty sure I've heard the Colonel say a bunch of things that make me think he's an older guy who's been a booster for many, many years.

Your probably right. I was just guessing. Tony Robinson? He's on his show every now and then

It is amazing how many VN readers never actually read a complete article presented for them. Living out of state since graduation, I don't have the inside story on all the media personalities or an opinion, one way or another, about Basilio and his various contributors.

Out of curiosity, what is the backstory on the VC and the other one, Beano?

Beano grew up in Oak Ridge and is just a long-time fan of UT. He has a brother that is a regular caller. His older brother was a retired General in the military that passed away a couple of years ago, Beano, Philly (Mayor of SoKno), and BrockyTop (Jeff Brock) used to have a Saturday morning radio show in Knoxville.

Beano grew up in Oak Ridge and is just a long-time fan of UT. He has a brother that is a regular caller. His older brother was a retired General in the military that passed away a couple of years ago, Beano, Philly (Mayor of SoKno), and BrockyTop (Jeff Brock) used to have a Saturday morning radio show in Knoxville.

Beano should be on every day, love that guy.

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks. Really appreciate the response. Was just curious. I read the Blog from time to time to try and get another perspective relative to what is happening. VN has a tendency to turn into a electronic pissing contest with little value.

Why does anyone believe anything Basilio ever says?

He's actually pretty accurate. You just have to pay close attention to EXACTLY what he's saying. He'll talk about rumors, but he'll say so. He also says when he's giving an opinion. When he claims that the narrative is factual it usually is... pretty much as accurate as any of the other information outlets. The problem is he might start throwing out his opinions and not make it perfectly clear that that is what he is doing. For example on 9/11/2001 he was saying that the US military shot down UA Flight 93 over Pennsylvania.

I like to follow him because he's not in bed with the UTAD spin machine.

These would be positive steps in the right direction.

If Helfrich comes to the Hill, I fully believe Butch will be giving up the play calling duties. A guy like Helfrich is not going to be just a pawn like Debord was.

While I do believe hiring Helfrich would be a good move. JG has great ability but that ability would be amazing with a true QB coach but from a sheme standpoint Helfrich runs an offense very similar to ours. So if we bring in Helfrich and the offense performs the same as it did this year (2nd in scoring in the SEC, 1st in TD passes over 20 yds, 36.3 avg. points per game) will it be magically okay since he's not seen as Butch's pawn?

Reactions: 1 person
Going to pull in a stellar class and folks going to fill Neyland in 2017 with CBJ staff intact. Book it

VN Store

Back