Basilio blog today

Basically, Tony just re-typed what John Brice has been reporting since Friday. So since Brice is reporting it, most of it is accurate.

Helfrich is far from a done deal, he has several suitors.

Just for clarification, the post from Basilio show was written by Vol Colonel (whoever that is), not Basilio. Unless Basilio has a bunch of alters, he did not retype it, some other contributor on his show did.

Helfrich would be great here as an OC and a disaster to takeover as head coach. He's already proven he can't hang in a weaker conference. He's suddenly going to figure it all out in the SEC as a head coach? I don't buy it.

Pretty much this. He's like Lane Kiffin in that he's an awful head coach but a brilliant assistant. It would be a great upgrade over Debord.

This all seems to good to be true. Hell of a way to start the new year though. S&C hire is absolutely critical; one season of bad injuries is an anomaly, two seasons is a pattern.

Helfrich would be great here as an OC and a disaster to takeover as head coach. He's already proven he can't hang in a weaker conference. He's suddenly going to figure it all out in the SEC as a head coach? I don't buy it.

Helfrich had to keep an old timer DC at Oregon. He also didnt have the access that UT has in terms of recruiting. Not saying that is a reason for him to turn it around, but he didn't necessarily have crazy recruiting at Oregon... It is hard to recruit there and win... Chip was lightning in a bottle...

Reactions: 1 person
So you send in Debord with the final visit to the #1 ranked recruit and then "can" him?

So you send in Debord with the final visit to the #1 ranked recruit and then "can" him?

Debord isn't getting canned. He's either going to be moved to OL coach and run game coordinator, or he is retiring.

No, because you complain constantly and act as if it is actually going to change something.

I've never acted as if it's going to change anything. Here's the problem I have with you and others like you. I understand this is just an opinion board which is utterly meaningless to the direction of the football program. There is never any actual meaningful information shared by any insider and no recruit or coach or player gives a rats @ss about it. This is a place to come and vent about the program when you need to and to celebrate it when good things happen. That's it. Its not my problem that there is way more negative than positive to discuss.

But here's the real issue. You can look at any of my posts and the one thing you'll see is I never disparage another poster by calling them names. You think that me venting over the state of my beloved program changes nothing and is worthless. But how much more worthless is it to bash other users of an opinion forum? You call me miserable but you go out of your way to call me a douche? My comments are all directed towards the coaches and players who are actually responsible for the results on the field. You'll never see anything other than that from me because that's what this board exists for. If you don't like my comments there is this thing called an ignore button. But I suspect the reality is that if I examined your post history I'd see a lot of you bashing other users who don't share your view point and not actually contributing to the discussion topic of the thread. So who really is miserable here?

Reactions: 5 people
I've read every one of those rumors for a couple of days. Makes me believe even more that his inside info comes from his own head

Just for clarification, the post from Basilio show was written by Vol Colonel (whoever that is), not Basilio. Unless Basilio has a bunch of alters, he did not retype it, some other contributor on his show did.

Just now reading this thread and thank goodness somebody around page 4 finally pointed this out. OP, next time you quote something, please note who said it. That helps the discussion a lot, since VC is a completely different person with much different connections than TB.

That said, I actually could see this job being attractive to Helfrich. Someone in his shoes is looking for a place where he can set himself up for a new HC gig, and it's even more attractive if the current HC is on thin ice. If Helfrich does well here next year but Butch has other issues and gets fired, Helfrich would be a ready made interim with a chance to get the job, a la Coach O. Could be something he thinks about.

I've read every one of those rumors for a couple of days. Makes me believe even more that his inside info comes from his own head

Or what he reads on this and other sites.

Also, hasn't the Ducks offense gone down significantly the past couple years post Kelly and Mariota? I'm not saying he's bad but things have gone down enough to get him fired rather quickly. Also how much of the offense was Kelly and how much was Helfrich?
I don't know that why I'm asking. It may be like a "great Dc" under Saban. Once they leave bammers D stays strong and the DC is exposed.

Hilarious that so many posters are saying that Basilio is full of ****. Apparently they didn't bother to click on the link. Basilio didn't say it... it was a long time, large donor.

Hilarious that so many posters are saying that Basilio is full of ****. Apparently they didn't bother to click on the link. Basilio didn't say it... it was a long time, large donor.

It is amazing how many VN readers never actually read a complete article presented for them. Living out of state since graduation, I don't have the inside story on all the media personalities or an opinion, one way or another, about Basilio and his various contributors.

Out of curiosity, what is the backstory on the VC and the other one, Beano?

The struggle is real with reading comprehension for some Vol Nation contributors. :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
I like Basilio. Post game show opening after SC loss sounded like Roosevelt addressing the country after Pearl Harbor.

Reactions: 2 people

Wake me up when our plane tracker gets a hit on flights from Eugene.

It is amazing how many VN readers never actually read a complete article presented for them. Living out of state since graduation, I don't have the inside story on all the media personalities or an opinion, one way or another, about Basilio and his various contributors.

Out of curiosity, what is the backstory on the VC and the other one, Beano?

I'm bad to do that at times.

VN Store

Back