Barnett and The Super Bowl

Haven't figured out how to do a reply with history on my phone yet but in ref to the cardinals vs pats I'm actually a ravens fan although I always pulled for Indy and Denver when Peyton was there. I do like the cardinals though. Larry fitz is a class act. Ravens went up to ne a few times and beat the crap out of them, especially Brady who cowers every time a defense gets physical. Still remember that game when the ravens dropped a td and missed any easy field goal (rumor had it that ne started running down the clock before the kicker got on the field- imagine that). Don't really follow any one team closely anymore. More interested in seeing bold do well. Happy as long as Satan (me) loses too. Btw -- I know I'm being way to wordy here. I'll shorten up my responses.

Bostonvol and Butchna. If it makes you feel better I always pull for celtics over Lakers and Red Sox over Yanks.

Wow. Butchna is from Boston too? I thought the quota was one on volnation.

From Chattanooga and now live in DFW...never been to Boston. Did your self-deluding thing on Brady for years but can’t ignore reality. No matter how big a Peyton homer I am. Brady is someone you SURVIVE on the ultimate stage. That “wuss” did take a beating from the Giants twice and kept getting up to the tune of having them in the lead before Belichick’s DEFENSE gave up miracle plays in both to edge them. Other than that he’s beat every team...no Seattle type loss like Peyton had to suffer. Thought that was coming last year but he freakin came back to win it. You’re never safe playing against the guy. That’s how I grade toughness and he’s tops. I generally shy away from these comparison discussions because they’re depressing if you’re armed with facts. If this is your schtick...carry on. I’m as big a Vol fan or bigger than you...not an argument to be had there. I have my man cave loaded with Peyton gear. He’ll always be my favorite but the numbers don’t lie.

Bostonvol and Butchna. If it makes you feel better I always pull for celtics over Lakers and Red Sox over Yanks.

Hated the Celtics as a kid. Appreciate the Bird teams now with the maturity outlook thing. :)

Yeah. A lot of the teams you hated as kids you learn to appreciate more as you get older. Maybe with therapy when I'm in my 80s I won't hate Brady as much. I acknowledge that he and bb have accomplished so much. I think it's his attitude That so many of us have a hard time with. Just a hard person to like (complaining to refs etc).

Yeah. A lot of the teams you hated as kids you learn to appreciate more as you get older. Maybe with therapy when I'm in my 80s I won't hate Brady as much. I acknowledge that he and bb have accomplished so much. I think it's his attitude That so many of us have a hard time with. Just a hard person to like (complaining to refs etc).

No...I don’t LIKE him. Scummy type with the trash talking of Peyton behind the scenes and stepping out on his pregnant girlfriend.

Hated the Celtics as a kid. Appreciate the Bird teams now with the maturity outlook thing. :)

Completely agree. I was a 76ers fan as a kid and hated the Celtics but now respect what they accomplished.

BTW, didn't know you were from Chattanooga. :good!:

Completely agree. I was a 76ers fan as a kid and hated the Celtics but now respect what they accomplished.

BTW, didn't know you were from Chattanooga. :good!:

Red Bank specifically.

It sickens me that any vol fan would want that Whitney little princess tom Brady to win or call him the goat. He is a system qb who never has to make any difficult throws. They are all three yard passes (dink and dunk) that any qb could easily make if they had all of the time in the world and could throw flat footed. He is I liar s cheat a cry baby and the most overrated qb ever. This is Peyton manning country. No way Brady could immediately turn a team into a sn contender like manning without his cushy little system. Had he been drafted by anyone but ne he would have been a career back up. All vol fans need to be unified in that we want Barnett to break every bone in his body so we never have to see or hear from that little girl again.

Ah, a brand new troll.

Reactions: 2 people
For most of his career, he's had far less offensive weapons than many of the other great QBs of all time. The one season he had great talent around him, they went 18-1. Let that sink in for a moment. Peyton had far better talent on his side of the ball for most of his career than Brady. That's a fact based on ALL-Pro teams and Pro Bowl appearances
Brady is the GOAT. Too hard to argue otherwise anymore. But I don't think basing who had better talent off All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams makes anything definitive. Manning made a lot of receivers and running backs look better than they actually were. Brady had a different team that aside from one season didn't have to score the most points in the league to be effective. I won't argue how good Marvin and Wayne were, but there were plenty other receivers and backs that put up big numbers with Peyton and didn't look the same with other teams.

Game winning drive with no timeouts and Madden screaming from the booth to kneel and go to overtime says differently.

Yeah I guess the Pats defense holding the best offense in the NFL to 17 points had nothing to do with it. Lol. Without their stout defense, the Pats would have lost by 30. Remember, defense wins championships.

He's got some great teammates for help I'll say that.

You could almost hear the call come down from somebody at the NFL HQ just before halftime during the Pats/Jags game. The zebras moved the ball about 50 or so yards on two VERY questionable penalty calls back to back to be sure Pats were in scoring position before the half, ended up being the winning TD margin. 1st call was helmet to helmet for Gronk, Jags defender clearly hit with a shoulder pad, legit hit, illegit call. Next was a PI call deep down the sideline defender right there, got his head around just before the ball arrived, another bad call. The NFL is corrupt IMO these days, way too many shenanigans occurring to ever put $s on a game, this season it has been obvious, they don't even try to hide it.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I guess the Pats defense holding the best offense in the NFL to 17 points had nothing to do with it. Lol. Without their stout defense, the Pats would have lost by 30. Remember, defense wins championships.

Where did I say “nothing to do with it”? That was the lowest ranked Patriots defense iirc. Better defenses have lost SB’s when their QB doesn’t deliver. That thing gets to overtime and anything could’ve happened. That second year QB didn’t let it get that far. That was the rawest version of Brady also. He wasn’t the franchise QB that he grew into yet.

Peyton Manning is the best gameday on player/coach in history. Brady is the best QB in history. Each bring/brought a different aspect to the game. If Peyton could have had Brady's physicality and health, this combo would have won the SB every year and probably played until "it" was 50.

During the Philly game, I did not like the way the announcers spoke about Barnett. They downplayed his ability saying "he's not as explosive" as some of the other eagle's defensive lineman. What? Are you blind? I love Reggie but Derek Barnett is the best defensive end TN has ever had and they have had some good ones. Now, in the pros, Barnett will have to prove himself over many years to catch Reggie.

Now the Peyton vs Brady thing. By his third year, when Peyton walked to the line of scrimmage, he already had a six to nine play option according his coach. (Mora) Unbelievable. Brady has never had this option but he has never needed it. Love or hate him, coach Belichick, is the best head coach in football the past 15 or more years. He is the main reason for Brady's success but Brady is still greatest simply based on wins. No denying. JMO.

Peyton Manning is the best gameday on player/coach in history. Brady is the best QB in history. Each bring/brought a different aspect to the game. If Peyton could have had Brady's physicality and health, this combo would have won the SB every year and probably played until "it" was 50.

If Manning had Elway as his GM his whole career. I think Manning would have had more rings. Elway understood what was needed to surround Manning. Unlike Indy where Irsay relied on Manning. Kinda how the Cavs did Lebron his first go around. Mannings physicality was second to none. Not sure what you meant there. IMO Peyton is the greatest. He transcended the game. Manning did not have the GOAT HC sittting on his sideline either unlike Brady.

Lets not forget that the last 3 games Manning vs Brady faced off in the playoffs (AFC Championship) Manning and his teams won. So when it counted most Manning got the best of Brady and the Pats. Belichick once was asked what team he does not like to face and wants to avoid at all cost and his answer was...Peyton Manning.

Reactions: 3 people
If Manning had Elway as his GM his whole career. I think Manning would have had more rings. Elway understood what was needed to surround Manning. Unlike Indy where Irsay relied on Manning. Kinda how the Cavs did Lebron his first go around. Mannings physicality was second to none. Not sure what you meant there. IMO Peyton is the greatest. He transcended the game. Manning did not have the GOAT HC sittting on his sideline either unlike Brady.

Lets not forget that the last 3 games Manning vs Brady faced off in the playoffs (AFC Championship) Manning and his teams won. So when it counted most Manning got the best of Brady and the Pats. Belichick once was asked what team he does not like to face and wants to avoid at all cost and his answer was...Peyton Manning.

Well said. Bravo!

Brady is the GOAT. Too hard to argue otherwise anymore. But I don't think basing who had better talent off All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams makes anything definitive. Manning made a lot of receivers and running backs look better than they actually were. Brady had a different team that aside from one season didn't have to score the most points in the league to be effective. I won't argue how good Marvin and Wayne were, but there were plenty other receivers and backs that put up big numbers with Peyton and didn't look the same with other teams.

Randy Moss - top 3 wr all time. Gronk - best te. OL - always one of best. BB - greatest coach. Defense - top 10 for most SB years. Who had more talent around him again?

Agree on all points. I fought it for years, I wanted the GOAT to be Manning....but even then I knew. Now I just accept it. It’s Brady by a good bit, followed by Montana and then maybe Peyton. Just is what it is, just gotta tip your hat and acknowledge the truth.

But if he cheated to win, do we have to take that into account?

VN Store

Back