Barnett and The Super Bowl

For most of his career, he's had far less offensive weapons than many of the other great QBs of all time. The one season he had great talent around him, they went 18-1. Let that sink in for a moment. Peyton had far better talent on his side of the ball for most of his career than Brady. That's a fact based on ALL-Pro teams and Pro Bowl appearances

Didn't New England go 11-5 the year Brady was out (And I think they had Cassel at QB on top of that)? I'm also pretty sure Indy went 2-14 the one year Manning missed the whole season with them.

I haven't watched any NFL this season. Can anyone tell me how Barnett's season stacked up to other rookies at end, specifically Myles Garrett?

I haven't watched any NFL this season. Can anyone tell me how Barnett's season stacked up to other rookies at end, specifically Myles Garrett?

Garrett had 10 more total tackles and 2 or 3 more sacks. However, Garrett also played 80 more snaps I believe.

It's a case study in how management and coaching make such a difference. The draft process is meant to spread the wealth and foster parity...and the F'ing Patriots just keep winning.

That's sort of my point. At some point coaching matters. Why is Randy Moss labeled a troublemaker but goes to NE and is a superstar?

Recruiting/Drafting isn't the end-all be-all! There are some professional franchises that have top picks year after year and never get any better....see 76'ers and the Browns.

Other teams like the Pats, Steelers, Warriors, etc. always pick at the end of the 1st round and never miss a beat.

This would be my argument.

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960)

1 Peyton Manning 45
2 Tom Brady 42
3 Dan Marino+ 36
Johnny Unitas+ 36
5 John Elway+ 35
6 Ben Roethlisberger 32
7 Joe Montana+ 31
8 Drew Brees 30
Brett Favre+ 30
Eli Manning 30
Fran Tarkenton+ 30

Question: how many Super Bowls does Dan Marino win if he was the same age and QB on all these Patriot teams Brady has played on. I bet Marino has at least 5. Heck, I bet all these guys have 4 or more playing QB for this dynasty. Brady is unbelievably good, but put him on a fringe playoff team and he might have one SB. Team Game!!

Question: how many Super Bowls does Dan Marino win if he was the same age and QB on all these Patriot teams Brady has played on. I bet Marino has at least 5. Heck, I bet all these guys have 4 or more playing QB for this dynasty. Brady is unbelievably good, but put him on a fringe playoff team and he might have one SB. Team Game!!

Wish that were true, but his first was due to him being uncommonly clutch. No other QB beats that Ram team imo. And last season’s epic comeback seals the deal. Even in the two losses, he did everything BUT win the game. GOAT...no doubt from this reporter.

Reactions: 1 person
Wish that were true, but his first was due to him being uncommonly clutch. No other QB beats that Ram team imo. And last season’s epic comeback seals the deal. Even in the two losses, he did everything BUT win the game. GOAT...no doubt from this reporter.

The Pats defense was the main reason for that SB win. Not Brady.

No he lost the Heisman because ESPN continually showed the three plays that whats his name made all year that was good and hyped him up.

Peyton lost the Heisman earlier that offseason when the CBS acquired the TV rights to more prime SEC games. At that time, the Big 10 and Pac 10 were the ESPN/ABC conferences.

Follow the $$$$$$$......

It sickens me that any vol fan would want that Whitney little princess tom Brady to win or call him the goat. He is a system qb who never has to make any difficult throws. They are all three yard passes (dink and dunk) that any qb could easily make if they had all of the time in the world and could throw flat footed. He is I liar s cheat a cry baby and the most overrated qb ever. This is Peyton manning country. No way Brady could immediately turn a team into a sn contender like manning without his cushy little system. Had he been drafted by anyone but ne he would have been a career back up. All vol fans need to be unified in that we want Barnett to break every bone in his body so we never have to see or hear from that little girl again.

It sickens me that any vol fan would want that Whitney little princess tom Brady to win or call him the goat. He is a system qb who never has to make any difficult throws. They are all three yard passes (dink and dunk) that any qb could easily make if they had all of the time in the world and could throw flat footed. He is I liar s cheat a cry baby and the most overrated qb ever. This is Peyton manning country. No way Brady could immediately turn a team into a sn contender like manning without his cushy little system. Had he been drafted by anyone but ne he would have been a career back up. All vol fans need to be unified in that we want Barnett to break every bone in his body so we never have to see or hear from that little girl again.

Post more often! :clapping:

Break every bone...cool. Doesn’t change his legacy which doesn’t jibe with your account. Throws a perfect deep ball...always has. And the “system” is him.

Reactions: 2 people

You sound smart

Reactions: 3 people
Throws a perfect deep ball? Lol. It's rare that I ever see him complete a deep ball unless it's a jump ball to gronk or moss. Who couldn't complete a pass to those guys? He has one of the poorest completion %'s for passes over 30 yards all time and he has below average arm strength. Look up the stat ' qb with most average yards after catch all time' and his name will pop up. His bread and butter has alway been the 3-5 yard dink and dunk pass that the receiver runs for another 20 yards. Did I mention that most of the time he has 5 seconds to make a decision cause he has all the time in world thanks to his o line who never get credit. It's always tommy who gets credit for basically not having to do much of anything I guess because he's so pretty.

Gee. Imagine that. someone named Bostonvol standing up for little Tommy. You homers up there have always been delilusional up there. Anyway I don't want to disrespect DB since this post is about him but would be lying if I didn't want him to pound princess Brady into oblivion.

Reactions: 4 people
Throws a perfect deep ball? Lol. It's rare that I ever see him complete a deep ball unless it's a jump ball to gronk or moss. Who couldn't complete a pass to those guys? He has one of the poorest completion %'s for passes over 30 yards all time and he has below average arm strength. Look up the stat ' qb with most average yards after catch all time' and his name will pop up. His bread and butter has alway been the 3-5 yard dink and dunk pass that the receiver runs for another 20 yards. Did I mention that most of the time he has 5 seconds to make a decision cause he has all the time in world thanks to his o line who never get credit. It's always tommy who gets credit for basically not having to do much of anything I guess because he's so pretty.

You sound smart

Lol. Just joined can't type to well on the phone and I guess the grammar / spell check isn't working. I don't want to insult you anymore because at least you have half the equation right (vol). I guess if I was from Boston I might pull for that idiot too. Nope I probably wouldn't now that I think about it. 😀

HE gives his OL credit. Does commercials and everything with them. And the rest of the league always recruits them in free agency if they don’t trade for them. Belichick just reloads them. I don’t know about the “pretty” thing...you do you. :unsure:
Gronk is great...when he plays. Brady won the last Super Bowl (and Sunday) without him...and never won a SB with Moss fwiw...(only played with him two seasons, seriously dude?) Can’t help you with your belief that he has no arm...I see way differently. Truth is Bill Parcells never won a Super Bowl without Belichick and Belichick has never won one without Brady. The two are the only common denominator in this dynasty. :eek:k:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back