Bang Shootie conversation

I'm sure you saw this in your own research, but the cartridge I saw when looking for this is the Holland & Holland .244 magnum. I wonder if someone had the barrel rebored, and .244 special is the gunsmith's mark? I suppose that you could check with Ruger if you have the serial number, although the seller may have already tried that. Interesting mystery.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
yeah. I saw the rifle on arms list. I am not an expert on Ruger No. 1 rifles (or any firearms really) but it seems unlikely that they would have matched a stainless barrel (assuming it is stainless) with a blued receiver and trigger assembly on a rifle that is, to some extent, about a certain style. I read on a few boards about the .243 and .244 being known for wearing out barrels. I'm gonna guess this rifle left the factory with a blued 6mm barrel and what is on there now is a replacement.

yeah. I saw the rifle on arms list. I am not an expert on Ruger No. 1 rifles (or any firearms really) but it seems unlikely that they would have matched a stainless barrel (assuming it is stainless) with a blued receiver and trigger assembly on a rifle that is, to some extent, about a certain style. I read on a few boards about the .243 and .244 being known for wearing out barrels. I'm gonna guess this rifle left the factory with a blued 6mm barrel and what is on there now is a replacement.
I thought that too so I went and saw it in person. It’s a little bit beat. Not bad but has obviously been shot….a lot. It almost has to be a replacement.

Got him, the middle brats boyfriend, and we shot a little .22. when we got done I asked if they saw how accurate I was, then said "don't forget that"🤣. Took a sec, but they was like, ohh we get it🤣

Wanna sell it?
Lol
That’s awesome

I didn't think I would like it at first. Not a fan of stainless, but this one caught my eye as soon as I walked in the door. I got it more as a play pretty, but I have run a few 410s and 45LCs and I think I will take it deer hunting lol.

Finally, this thread demonstrates its value to me!

I’m looking for an Elmer Fudd image, and I can’t find one I like of him with his trusty double-barreled shotgun. Some images even show him with sort of a rifle.

Is this kinda-sorta a shotgun, although not double-barreled?

1632313719362.png

OK, well just fine then. If I flunk my master gardener class because y’all won’t help a girl out on this, it’s all on you. 😡

Fudd has a particular meaning in 2A culture. When I saw your post I figured it was a set up to make whoever responded with a picture the punchline of a joke.
Nope. I did discover that when I went looking for images. And you should know from my posts on this thread that I respect you gun nuts. 😉

No, I’ve gotten assigned to do a poster for the EMG class meant for consumers growing Carolina cherry laurels with something called “shot hole disease.” Poster will be titled “Who Shot My Cherry Laurel?”, and Elmer is there for light entertainment value.

—and the disarming of Elmer and Yosemite Sam is just ridiculously tragic, or maybe tragically ridiculous, IMO.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back