Bama

I decided to look a little closer at Bama. When you actually look at all the players leaving I am not sure any other team in the country is losing as much. Najee Harris did decide to return but he is about it. But, and this is a big but, Bama's entire team was either the #1 or #2 rated recruiting class in the nation depending on their year. They have a ton of talent but it will be raw. Also Bama's schedule is weak next year. Really, pathetically weak. Here is how they start out:

Sept. 5: USC Trojans (AdvoCare Classic at AT&T Stadium)

Sept. 12: Georgia State Panthers
Sept. 19: Georgia Bulldogs
Sept. 26: Kent State Golden Flashes
Oct. 3: at Ole Miss Rebels
Oct. 10: at Arkansas Razorbacks
Oct. 17: Mississippi State Bulldogs

Yes, UGA is there and probably has the best shot at catching a very inexperienced Bama but the rest of those games are just warm up games to the 3rd Saturday in October. Saban will have plenty of opportunity to dial things in before coming to Neyland and probably won't be too injury ridden.

NB4 Georgia St. pulls the upset...too soon?

Reactions: ptcarter
Not favored but would be refreshing to be an underdog in single digits for a change. How long has that been? I still believe they will be 10+ but am happy to be wrong.

The opening line for the 2016 game was UT +9. But the money pushed it up to +13 by kick off.

I decided to look a little closer at Bama. When you actually look at all the players leaving I am not sure any other team in the country is losing as much. Najee Harris did decide to return but he is about it.

Bama loses a lot with guys like Jeudy and Ruggs leaving early. But despite losing two guys who could go in the first round, Bama is returning 54% of their receiving yards, 65% of their receiving TDs, 91% of their rushing yards, and 78% of their rushing TDs. There is a ton of production returning.

Bama loses a lot with guys like Jeudy and Ruggs leaving early. But despite losing two guys who could go in the first round, Bama is returning 54% of their receiving yards, 65% of their receiving TDs, 91% of their rushing yards, and 78% of their rushing TDs. There is a ton of production returning.

Don't forget about Tua too. Bama looks a lot different without him.

For the 1st time in a while we will be favored agaisnt Bama at Neyland, doesnt get any better in the world of sports.

I get it now. You're a psychology student conducting social experiments . I've thought you were crazy until now , but I'm seeing what's actually going on . keep up the good work

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
NB4 Georgia St. pulls the upset...too soon?
Proud of Volnation. I was reading this thread looking for a reference to Ga. St. You know, the troll - "Y'all can't beat Ga State, how can you beat Bama". Yep sick of references to that game.
Even though it took 77 posts to have it mentioned, it wasn't directly mentioned in context to us sucking last September, so that is a good start. Maybe we've actually purged some of that Georgia State anger and (most of us) have moved on.
And gosh, wouldn't it be great if Georgia State upset Bama? Too bad they beat us, bama will have their guard up.

What did you see from this or last year that would give you any hope of beating them anytime soon?

GaSt beating us. Anything can happen that's why the game is played.

You Florida worshippers are the worst. Its one thing to acknowledge and even bish about the voodoo monkey that's been on our back for so long, but to constantly, and I do mean constantly, whine, cry, bish and moan for the whole world to see, including the Gator residents that come over and get off on it..... about the future games that haven't been played??? You're an embarrassment.

Proud of Volnation. I was reading this thread looking for a reference to Ga. St. You know, the troll - "Y'all can't beat Ga State, how can you beat Bama". Yep sick of references to that game.
Even though it took 77 posts to have it mentioned, it wasn't directly mentioned in context to us sucking last September, so that is a good start. Maybe we've actually purged some of that Georgia State anger and (most of us) have moved on.
And gosh, wouldn't it be great if Georgia State upset Bama? Too bad they beat us, bama will have their guard up.

Just thought I would switch it up and troll the trolls. When I saw Georgia State, you just knew it was coming...just a matter of time.

Reactions: ptcarter
I heard that last year too after they lost to Clemson that 2019 was their revenge tour yea we see how that played out. They got a ton of talent no doubt and Saban is still there but imo other teams have caught up and don’t fear them like they used too. They aren’t as invincible as they were a few years back and I’m not convinced that defense will be as elite as it once was. Saban isn’t getting any younger either the run is coming to a end. LSU was the first SEC team since Auburn in 2010 to win a national title other than Bama. The paradigm is shifting in the SEC going into the new decade and that’s a good thing.

Nobody wishes for the Saban dynasty to be over more than me. Hell, Florida hosts Bama during the regular season in 2021. So I’m perfectly fine with them being on a down slide. But something tells me Saban has one more run in him, one more great team. Hoping I’m wrong.

Nobody wishes for the Saban dynasty to be over more than me. Hell, Florida hosts Bama during the regular season in 2021. So I’m perfectly fine with them being on a down slide. But something tells me Saban has one more run in him, one more great team. Hoping I’m wrong.
Bobby Bowden won a national title at age 70 I’m sure Saban has another one in him. He really wants to break the tie with Bear with a 7th national title.

Reactions: Bob Neyland
Integration changed the landscape of college football with southern universities being slow to accept African American athletes. Football prospect locations generally mirror former concentration of slavery. Nothing magic about Spurrier, Florida was rolling before he arrived and his successor had far greater results.

Ray Graves had us relevant in the 60s...plenty of winning seasons and bowl games, but no championships.

Saban is not going anywhere until he wins another natty and sets up his succession. And Bama is determined not to repeat the lost decade.

I think Bama comes back with a vengeance this year. People forget they lost four or five starters on defense this year and lost what was supposed to be their next phenom at RB, Trey Sanders. So they’ve got some depth built up plus all those dudes return.

The big question for them is can their offense get it done without Tua. But I expect a pissed off Bama in 2020.

Pissed off whatever. They have lost their QB continuity for the first time in three years. Their juniors have fled the program. They will be good next year, of course. But they won't be mythical good like they have been. They aren't going to the playoffs next year. We SHOULD beat either them or UF next year

One is history. We just don’t beat UF. Two, recruiting and coaching. They recruit better and Mullen is the better coach. Also, they have absolutely owned us the past 2 years. What did you see from this or last year that would give you any hope of beating them anytime soon?
Woulda beat FL last year with a competent QB.

I think Bama comes back with a vengeance this year. People forget they lost four or five starters on defense this year and lost what was supposed to be their next phenom at RB, Trey Sanders. So they’ve got some depth built up plus all those dudes return.

The big question for them is can their offense get it done without Tua. But I expect a pissed off Bama in 2020.
God I hate agreeing with you!

Reactions: Jaws
I think Alabama is a well oiled machine but other teams have caught up with them. I hate Alabama.

Would be nice but its highly, highly unlikely. Way too much player and coaching advantage for the Crimson turds.
We had em on the ropes at Tuscaloosa last season before JG went all JG and gave any chance we had to pull off the upset.

We’ll be better next year, have more depth. Bama will surely be good and we’ll very likely be a solid home underdog, but the gap won’t be as big as you’re portraying here imo. They they’ll have drop offs at offensive skill positions, QB and WR specifically.

Certainly wouldn’t predict that we’ll beat them in 2020, but portraying it as Bama having insurmountable advantages....nah, I don’t think so. Obviously, we’ll need an upgrade at QB to legitimately have a real shot to beat em this year, so somebody has gotta beat Guarantano out for that to happen.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back