Bama

While I do think some of ya'll might want to pump the brakes just a little I do have to agree Bama is losing a ton this year. They have numerous #1 recruiting classes to fall back on but it is hard to imagine they do not step back some. If we have a reliable QB I could see this as a win and I guarantee I will rush the field and help take the goal posts down. I pity the security officer who tries to stop me.

This is reasonable. We have some momentum and have recruited pretty well. We were competing pretty well in this years game until the goal line play that I won't even bother to mention. Do we have a chance to win? Yes, that's why we play the game. However, to think we'll actually be favored is beyond delusional.

Reactions: Rockyjr
LMAO.........why do you feel that way?

One is history. We just don’t beat UF. Two, recruiting and coaching. They recruit better and Mullen is the better coach. Also, they have absolutely owned us the past 2 years. What did you see from this or last year that would give you any hope of beating them anytime soon?

Maybe someone can explain why Bama is more beatable now? I guess you could say it’s because they lose a lot of production but they do every few years and still kill us.

Reactions: Titan05 and Rockyjr
I think Bama comes back with a vengeance this year. People forget they lost four or five starters on defense this year and lost what was supposed to be their next phenom at RB, Trey Sanders. So they’ve got some depth built up plus all those dudes return.

The big question for them is can their offense get it done without Tua. But I expect a pissed off Bama in 2020.

I think your right. I just hope we make strides in the east. I would love to beat Bama, but I'm not sure it will happen this year.

Reactions: Jaws
I’ve got a pathway here: let’s beat UF and Georgia, then we might be able to beat BAMA twice.
This year we play Georgia after bama. Also we got a bye week before we play Alabama which will help a lot pruitt seems to do good off of a bye week. Alabama has to play us before their bye week.

We should have been down 8 with 7 to play this year at Bama. I see it being a ball game now that Tua is no longer there. That is if we have wrs develop and our rbs show a little wiggle and can break a tackle.

I decided to look a little closer at Bama. When you actually look at all the players leaving I am not sure any other team in the country is losing as much. Najee Harris did decide to return but he is about it. But, and this is a big but, Bama's entire team was either the #1 or #2 rated recruiting class in the nation depending on their year. They have a ton of talent but it will be raw. Also Bama's schedule is weak next year. Really, pathetically weak. Here is how they start out:

Sept. 5: USC Trojans (AdvoCare Classic at AT&T Stadium)

Sept. 12: Georgia State Panthers
Sept. 19: Georgia Bulldogs
Sept. 26: Kent State Golden Flashes
Oct. 3: at Ole Miss Rebels
Oct. 10: at Arkansas Razorbacks
Oct. 17: Mississippi State Bulldogs

Yes, UGA is there and probably has the best shot at catching a very inexperienced Bama but the rest of those games are just warm up games to the 3rd Saturday in October. Saban will have plenty of opportunity to dial things in before coming to Neyland and probably won't be too injury ridden.

That and Florida sucked 70s and part of 80’s

Florida sucked from the getgo up to Pell .
He was decent after of course he went 0 -10 and 1 tie in 1979 then
can you imagine not winning a game.
Spurrier brought them to relevance.

I decided to look a little closer at Bama. When you actually look at all the players leaving I am not sure any other team in the country is losing as much. Najee Harris did decide to return but he is about it. But, and this is a big but, Bama's entire team was either the #1 or #2 rated recruiting class in the nation depending on their year. They have a ton of talent but it will be raw. Also Bama's schedule is weak next year. Really, pathetically weak. Here is how they start out:

Sept. 5: USC Trojans (AdvoCare Classic at AT&T Stadium)

Sept. 12: Georgia State Panthers
Sept. 19: Georgia Bulldogs
Sept. 26: Kent State Golden Flashes
Oct. 3: at Ole Miss Rebels
Oct. 10: at Arkansas Razorbacks
Oct. 17: Mississippi State Bulldogs

Yes, UGA is there and probably has the best shot at catching a very inexperienced Bama but the rest of those games are just warm up games to the 3rd Saturday in October. Saban will have plenty of opportunity to dial things in before coming to Neyland and probably won't be too injury ridden.

I really enjoy watching UGA vs Bama at the end you know one of them has a Loss.

Florida sucked from the getgo up to Pell .
He was decent after of course he went 0 -10 and 1 tie in 1979 then
can you imagine not winning a game.
Spurrier brought them to relevance.
Integration changed the landscape of college football with southern universities being slow to accept African American athletes. Football prospect locations generally mirror former concentration of slavery. Nothing magic about Spurrier, Florida was rolling before he arrived and his successor had far greater results.

For the 1st time in a while we will be favored agaisnt Bama at Neyland, doesnt get any better in the world of sports.

Lol what? No we will not. People think Bama is gonna be down next year bc we played them semi close this year without Tua in the game. Bama is returning multiple big time players w/experience. Not to mention last year their defense was maybe the least experienced defense Saban has had to field in the last 10 years. Bama isn't going anywhere. Yes, hopefully we are competitive but don't mistake that for being favored. We just beat IU by 1 point. I love and hate our fan base so much at the same time.

For the 1st time in a while we will be favored agaisnt Bama at Neyland, doesnt get any better in the world of sports.
Not favored but would be refreshing to be an underdog in single digits for a change. How long has that been? I still believe they will be 10+ but am happy to be wrong.

Lol what? No we will not. People think Bama is gonna be down next year bc we played them semi close this year without Tua in the game. Bama is returning multiple big time players w/experience. Not to mention last year their defense was maybe the least experienced defense Saban has had to field in the last 10 years. Bama isn't going anywhere. Yes, hopefully we are competitive but don't mistake that for being favored. We just beat IU by 1 point. I love and hate our fan base so much at the same time.
Played them close lol and still lost by 22

VN Store

Back