Bama will beat LSU

I’m playing this one both ways.
I’m picking Bama because I’m never right in these threads but really really really hate Bama so.........

I concur 110% on this Slice. Last year, Bama waxed LSU at night in Death Valley by 30-0. The game wasn't really even that close.

There is absolutely no way that Coach Saban loses at home to Farmer Fran Orgeron

LSU has had a nice season and finally a offense that has come into the 21st century but looking at some of their wins are they really great wins? Texas has 3 loss’s, Florida 2 and Auburn has 2 and will end up with 4 by seasons end

LSU has had a nice season and finally a offense that has come into the 21st century but looking at some of their wins are they really great wins? Texas has 3 loss’s, Florida 2 and Auburn has 2 and will end up with 4 loss’s by seasons end

Exactly! Farmer Fran really hasn't beat anyone. He gonna take a whooping in the Bourbon Bowl.

Don't know if he'd leave or not. Agree ACC is a much better place to coach against than the SEC. But it's not like Clemson has never had success. They had some top teams in the 80's-early 90's. They just languished for about a decade and a half... a la UT.
Dabo would be absolutely insane to leave now that he's won a couple titles there. Clemson would match any Bama monetary offer and he has a much easier path to the CFP. I don't know what the upside is unless he just really, really wants to go home and be the HC at his alma mater.

It's impossible to know for sure, but I agree with @UTK that Dabo sees surely Clemson as home just as much as, if not more, than Alabama. It's been a long time since Dabo was at Alabama and he's turned Clemson into a program that's gone beyond their fan's wildest dreams; it isn't like he's got no sentimental value at Clemson.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I like what you did here, but on a serious note, I think it will be a close one. I am pulling for LSU, but actually making a pick is difficult.

I am gonna go ahead and pick LSU because the Vols actually played Bama pretty close if you take away the terrible penalty on a 3 and out for Bama along with the goal line fumble-TD run back.

If the Vols can play Bama that close, then either the Vols are a lot better than we all realize, which is not the case, although the Vols are not as bad as most people think they are, or Bama is a paper tiger. The latter is the most likely case, leading me to pick the Tide to fizzle out when they face LSU....the real tigers in this game.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We’ll find out a lot about coach o his week because they have the better team for the first time in a long time in this series. But that doesn’t mean they’ll win. The game is in Tuscaloosa and bama will be fires up. Coach o needs to be in his players faces all week telling them if they dont play the best game of their season all the rankings etc is for nothing. History has proven saban does a good job of understanding the physiological game and getting his players up for big games. Other coaches don’t do such a good job of that. The name that comes to mind is malzahn. He’s a great x’s and o’s Coach but he is Terri le and recognizing when his players are going to be overconfident and have been embarrassed because of that. An example that come to mind is when they’d beaten uga early in the season and played them again for the sec championships. He went on record and stated that they weren’t worried because they’d straight whooped their asses already once. I was shocked when I heard that. Of course, their players come out flat and uga gets revenge. LSU needs to act like the underdog that’s getting no respect. And that really has to come from the coach. Hopefully they’ll get it done. I hate bama so much I have trouble even watching them. I can’t wait to see that dynasty come to an end. It will eventually. They all do

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
No kidding, I knew he would recruit but tip of the hat for hiring guys (coordinators) that he allows them to do their thing.
I give Coach O all the credit in the world. I didn't think he had this in him, especially to make a dynamic hire on the offensive side of the ball and let him do his thing.

Reactions: secking
Money talks but if I was Dabo I’m staying put at Clemson. If it’s me, I don’t know that I want to be the 2nd man after Saban. No way you can possibly live up to those expectations after him. I’d rather be the guy after that guy. They will fall off after Saban. Maybe I’m wrong but don’t think I am.
If I'm Dabo, I stay at Clemson regardless of any opening anywhere. What can he do anywhere else that he is not already doing there? Clemson is big time football. He's playing with the best. Beating the best. He can have his dynasty in that little corner of SC and be perfectly comfortable with life.

I give Coach O all the credit in the world. I didn't think he had this in him, especially to make a dynamic hire on the offensive side of the ball and let him do his thing.

I liked ole Les, and he's doing a good job at KU given a meager first recruiting class. Played some good games, and was just short of an additional couple wins already. But, I agree Coach O has exceeded expectations. Probably learned a little lesson from Les about not ceding the reigns to a powerful OC sooner.

Agree 100 on everything you just said, I was the same way

Dispel the aura around all that winning? Nuclear bomb maybe, but certainly not one loss. However, LSU does have the offense to compete with Bama this year. Defensively, LSU is comparable as well. The game should come down to the coaching on each side. Should be a great one.
I hope you're right, but LSU lost their best LB this week, Divinity, and best safety Delpit is questionable for the game.😯

I liked ole Les, and he's doing a good job at KU given a meager first recruiting class. Played some good games, and was just short of an additional couple wins already. But, I agree Coach O has exceeded expectations. Probably learned a little lesson from Les about not ceding the reigns to a powerful OC sooner.
No. Orgeron is teaching Les the lesson of how he shoulda coulda woulda run his offense, but didn't.

VN Store

Back