Bailey>Manning

Bailey or Manning?

• HB

Votes: 38 8.9%
  • PM

Votes: 391 91.1%

• Total voters
OR you can objectively say that Peyton was the best QB Tennessee ever had but didn't win the NC as QUARTERBACKS alone do not do so...he had a dominant game against Florida in the Swamp in 95 and led 30-14 in our only loss that year, you can't say that was Peyton's fault we lost that game...
Tee Martin IS recognized (even with a street just like Peyton) and is loved by UT fans as well, and we are happy about the NC year, HOWEVER it wasn't JUST because of Tee that UT won it, in fact, the defense and running game had to overcompensate for his average QB play at times...still doesnt mean he's not loved as well to say that...

Leak DID win a NC (again not him alone) at Florida, but needed miracles to win several of those games INCLUDING Tennessee where a ref's bad call kept us from going up 24-7 in the 2nd half after he was hit and fumbled for a TD return.

You can hate Peyton all you want but here are facts you can't dispute:

1) Peyton was the best QB Tennessee has ever had
2) Peyton was voted on the all time College Football 150 year team because of his great talent and career IN COLLEGE
3) Peyton dominated a tough schedule in 3.5 years going 45-5 losing only to Florida 3 times (2 of which he had great games), #1 Bama in a close one, #1 Nebraska in Bowl Alliance NC game, and a fluke loss to Memphis which was on the coaches, he won the SEC and dominated Bama, UGA, and beat several top 25 teams badly
4) Peyton broke every UT passing record, most SEC passing records, and some national records
5) Peyton won every major award unanimously for a QB EXCEPT for the Heisman which he finished 2nd obviously

And this isn't even talking about his NFL career which you dismiss off-hand as well.

Rex Grossman, or Chrissy Leak or anyone else doesn't matter, your criticism is that Tennessee fans love Peyton "too much" which is asisine.

We also love Tee, and Eric Berry, and Bob Suffridge, and George Cafego, and Reggie White, we love ALL of our players.

If you look, you have not ONE person on this board who agrees with what you are trying to say due to your love of Florida/UGA and your hatred of Peyton.
Nebraska was #2 in all the polls. Michigan was #1 and the AP National champ. If the Rose Bowl was included in the Bowl Alliance it would have been Michigan vs Nebraska for a true National Champion.

Everything else is correct.

I'm an Oklahoma fan here and even I know Peyton Manning is the GOAT of Tennessee. One of the GOATs of all time actually.
OU sucks.......Sorry, half my family lives in OK and are OU fans so when yall came back to beat us, that hurt. I just had to get that off my chest......lmao. I will be going to Norman this year for the game, hopefully.

Do you think Bailey will be better than Manning?

I am a HUGE HB fan, but comparing him to Peyton at this stage is unreal. When his college career is over we can look at his body of work and have an informed debate. Hopefully we will have 3 or 4 years to enjoy HB before we need to answer this question.

I’m sure the op did this as a joke. We’re all excited to have Harrison bailey coming on board. Partly because our qb play has been so horrendous the last couple of years. Imagine if Jg had just been decent. We’d have likely achieved way more success the last couple of years and we’d all be expecting bailey to redshirt whole being cautiously optimistic. Instead...we have to hope and prey he can win the job right away. Because lord help if we ya e to watch jg trot out there again

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Uh....I think ESPN's dedicated 3 1/2 month campaign clearly demonstrated that Charles Woodson is better than either. I mean, otherwise he wouldn't have won the heisman, right?

Actual legitimate Bailey question:

Does Josh Palmer give up #5 for Bailey? Bailey wore 5 in HS. He also was wearing 5 in his signing day photos in UT gear.

I think that's up to Josh and CJP. If Bailey is going to be the starter, it sends a great message. If not, then it perhaps creates a rift.

More of a wait and see type of person. Manning is proven. Bailey has yet to even play in the NFL, let alone college. Only time will tell.

As a prospect?
At this stage (After High school)??

Bailey by a good margin.

That's really not that hard of a question.

Can't compare a known NFL Hall of Famer AS THAT against a kid who hasn't taken a college snap yet.

But Bailey is MORE developed at this stage...
Maurer was more developed last year than Peyton was...

It's possible. There will come a day. That area of Georgia has won the little league world series I think so there is probably talent around the area.

As a prospect?
At this stage (After High school)??

Bailey by a good margin.

That's really not that hard of a question.

Can't compare a known NFL Hall of Famer AS THAT against a kid who hasn't taken a college snap yet.

But Bailey is MORE developed at this stage...
Maurer was more developed last year than Peyton was...
What have you been smoking? PM was trained by an NFL qb.

Bailey may be as developed at this juncture. BM was not even close. Check the stats.

VN Store

Back