Bailey>Manning

Bailey or Manning?

• HB

Votes: 38 8.9%
  • PM

Votes: 391 91.1%

• Total voters
Win Super Bowl 41, maybe? You are right about it not being a difficult question.

We are not talking about the pros. What did Peyton accomplish that Rex didn't? Anything that Peyton accomplished in the pros was well after a street was named after him in 1999. So you would have named a street after Rex Grossman? UF doesn't even have streets named after Leak or Wuerffel

We are not talking about the pros. What did Peyton accomplish that Rex didn't? Anything that Peyton accomplished in the pros was well after a street was named after him in 1999. So you would have named a street after Rex Grossman? UF doesn't even have streets named after Leak or Wuerffel
Peyton won more games. Peyton's record as a starting QB was 45-5. With Grossman at QB, Florida lost 5 games in 2002 alone. Rex Grossman led the nation in interceptions that year.

Peyton won more games. Peyton's record as a starting QB was 45-5. With Grossman at QB, Florida lost 5 games in 2002 alone. Rex Grossman led the nation in interceptions that year.

You're not answering the question. Nobody is answering the question. Peyton didn't accomplish anything that Grossman did not accomplish. They have the same results. Grossman would have smashed Peyton's passing records had Grossman stayed another year. I don't even care about stats, but there are people in this debate who are throwing stats around. Grossman has the better stats through three years.

You're not answering the question. Nobody is answering the question. Peyton didn't accomplish anything that Grossman did not accomplish. They have the same results. Grossman would have smashed Peyton's passing records had Grossman stayed another year. I don't even care about stats, but there are people in this debate who are throwing stats around. Grossman has the better stats through three years.
That is not true... and I just did answer your question. It's just not the answer you want to hear. Peyton had a better record as a starter. His teams won more games.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
2 Superbowl rings?

We aren't talking about the NFL. We are talking about college football. Another post proving my point. In assessing Peyton, Vol fans cannot separate his nfl accomplishments, his comedic gold, and his general marketability from his college accomplishments. He didn't accomplish anything more in college than Rex Grossman.

Than we have posters contending that they'd take Peyton's achievements over Chris Leak? Proof in pudding people are over-emotional and cannot be objective about Manning. Frick. I bet Manning would tell you he'd take Chris Leak's college career over his own.

That is not true... and I just did answer your question. It's just not the answer you want to hear. Peyton had a better record as a starter. His teams won more games.

Each have one SEC championship. Grossman beat us twice and never lost to Georgia. In fact, the SEC championship game victories are both over Auburn. Neither have a Heisman but were in the balloting. I'd take two wins over Florida and no losses to Georgia in lieu of wins elsewhere. if I had my choice.

We aren't talking about the NFL. We are talking about college football. Another post proving my point. In assessing Peyton, Vol fans cannot separate his nfl accomplishments, his comedic gold, and his general marketability from his college accomplishments. He didn't accomplish anything more in college than Rex Grossman.

Than we have posters contending that they'd take Peyton's achievements over Chris Leak? Proof in pudding people are over-emotional and cannot be objective about Manning. Frick. I bet Manning would tell you he'd take Chris Leak's college career over his own.
You mean besides win many more games? You are trying too hard to play devil's advocate... or hell, you may not even like Tennessee. I don't really care either way, but quit trying to tell other people how to think. It's obnoxious.

You mean besides win many more games? You are trying too hard to play devil's advocate... or hell, you may not even like Tennessee. I don't really care either way, but quit trying to tell other people how to think. It's obnoxious.

Agree to disagree. You'd take Peyton's four losses to Florida over Rex's 2-1 record. I wouldn't take that if I had the choice. Elsewhere Peyton didn't win anything more than Grossman that would swing my vote. I'm pretty open that I think our fan base craps on Tee in favor of Manning. If we're talking about Tee and Grossman. Tee wins and it's not even a conversation.

Each have one SEC championship. Grossman beat us twice and never lost to Georgia. In fact, the SEC championship game victories are both over Auburn. Neither have a Heisman but were in the balloting. I'd take two wins over Florida and no losses to Georgia in lieu of wins elsewhere. if I had my choice.
You are trying too hard to advocate for Grossman and not getting basic facts straight in the process. Everyone knows damn well that Jesse Palmer was Florida's QB in the 2000 game played in Neyland. Grossman didn't even play.

You are trying too hard to advocate for Grossman and not getting basic facts straight in the process. Everyone knows damn well that Jesse Palmer was Florida's QB in the 2000 game played in Neyland. Grossman didn't even play.

You might be right. I don't know Gator QBs like I do Tennessee QBs. Obviously remember Palmer beating us as you mention it, but I think I maybe thought it was Grossman for some reason. I'd still take a win against Florida over no wins with everything else being the same. Thanks for correcting me.

The comment I responded to you didn't make a distinction, you only asked what Peyton had accomplished that the other hadn't.

his hatred of Peyton has blinded his objectiveness. He has a lot of loose "facts" and "logic" in this thread lol

The comment I responded to you didn't make a distinction, you only asked what Peyton had accomplished that the other hadn't.

Then you didn't read the entire debate. The point of the debate is that Peyton is no better than Grossman in college. There's no argument outside of emotional attachment to peyton/considering peyton's comedic gold/considering his nfl career to say anything different. The foundational point is even harsher. Grossman is not viewed as much in Gator lore. So I can argue Grossman, who is probably the fifth or sixth most coveted QB in Gator history, and put him up against Manning and Grossman has the edge.

OR we can start recognizing what Tee did and stop minimilizing someone who brought us places we hadn't seen since 1967.

Then you didn't read the entire debate. The point of the debate is that Peyton is no better than Grossman in college. There's no argument outside of emotional attachment to peyton/considering peyton's comedic gold/considering his nfl career to say anything different. The foundational point is even harsher. Grossman is not viewed as much in Gator lore. So I can argue Grossman, who is probably the fifth or sixth most coveted QB in Gator history, and put him up against Manning and Grossman has the edge.

OR we can start recognizing what Tee did and stop minimilizing someone who brought us places we hadn't seen since 1967.
OR you can objectively say that Peyton was the best QB Tennessee ever had but didn't win the NC as QUARTERBACKS alone do not do so...he had a dominant game against Florida in the Swamp in 95 and led 30-14 in our only loss that year, you can't say that was Peyton's fault we lost that game...
Tee Martin IS recognized (even with a street just like Peyton) and is loved by UT fans as well, and we are happy about the NC year, HOWEVER it wasn't JUST because of Tee that UT won it, in fact, the defense and running game had to overcompensate for his average QB play at times...still doesnt mean he's not loved as well to say that...

Leak DID win a NC (again not him alone) at Florida, but needed miracles to win several of those games INCLUDING Tennessee where a ref's bad call kept us from going up 24-7 in the 2nd half after he was hit and fumbled for a TD return.

You can hate Peyton all you want but here are facts you can't dispute:

1) Peyton was the best QB Tennessee has ever had
2) Peyton was voted on the all time College Football 150 year team because of his great talent and career IN COLLEGE
3) Peyton dominated a tough schedule in 3.5 years going 45-5 losing only to Florida 3 times (2 of which he had great games), #1 Bama in a close one, #1 Nebraska in Bowl Alliance NC game, and a fluke loss to Memphis which was on the coaches, he won the SEC and dominated Bama, UGA, and beat several top 25 teams badly
4) Peyton broke every UT passing record, most SEC passing records, and some national records
5) Peyton won every major award unanimously for a QB EXCEPT for the Heisman which he finished 2nd obviously

And this isn't even talking about his NFL career which you dismiss off-hand as well.

Rex Grossman, or Chrissy Leak or anyone else doesn't matter, your criticism is that Tennessee fans love Peyton "too much" which is asisine.

We also love Tee, and Eric Berry, and Bob Suffridge, and George Cafego, and Reggie White, we love ALL of our players.

If you look, you have not ONE person on this board who agrees with what you are trying to say due to your love of Florida/UGA and your hatred of Peyton.

OR you can objectively say that Peyton was the best QB Tennessee ever had but didn't win the NC as QUARTERBACKS alone do not do so...he had a dominant game against Florida in the Swamp in 95 and led 30-14 in our only loss that year, you can't say that was Peyton's fault we lost that game...

I haven't said anything is Peyton's fault. I'm posting that our most-in-reach rival doesn't hold QBs who have equal to better stats in the same regard.

Tee Martin IS recognized (even with a street just like Peyton) and is loved by UT fans as well, and we are happy about the NC year, HOWEVER it wasn't JUST because of Tee that UT won it, in fact, the defense and running game had to overcompensate for his average QB play at times...still doesnt mean he's not loved as well to say that...

If you think Tee is held in any similar regard to Peyton by Vol fans, you can't be objective.

Leak DID win a NC (again not him alone) at Florida, but needed miracles to win several of those games INCLUDING Tennessee where a ref's bad call kept us from going up 24-7 in the 2nd half after he was hit and fumbled for a TD return.

God. The refs. Are we the only team in the world that complains about refs for everything? If the refs are so horrid to us as one program, then maybe we should just fold it up. I seem to remember some bad reffing going in our favor in '04 but nobody talks about that

You can hate Peyton all you want but here are facts you can't dispute:

1) Peyton was the best QB Tennessee has ever had
2) Peyton was voted on the all time College Football 150 year team because of his great talent and career IN COLLEGE
3) Peyton dominated a tough schedule in 3.5 years going 45-5 losing only to Florida 3 times (2 of which he had great games), #1 Bama in a close one, #1 Nebraska in Bowl Alliance NC game, and a fluke loss to Memphis which was on the coaches, he won the SEC and dominated Bama, UGA, and beat several top 25 teams badly
4) Peyton broke every UT passing record, most SEC passing records, and some national records
5) Peyton won every major award unanimously for a QB EXCEPT for the Heisman which he finished 2nd obviously

And this isn't even talking about his NFL career which you dismiss off-hand as well.

Rex Grossman, or Chrissy Leak or anyone else doesn't matter, your criticism is that Tennessee fans love Peyton "too much" which is asisine.

We also love Tee, and Eric Berry, and Bob Suffridge, and George Cafego, and Reggie White, we love ALL of our players.

If you look, you have not ONE person on this board who agrees with what you are trying to say due to your love of Florida/UGA and your hatred of Peyton.
I'm baffled at some of these new "Tennessee fans" who come in and do nothing but put us down, and praise uga and Florida. I can appreciate someone with battered Vol syndrome, as I've been guilty, but all they do is knock us, and praise the other schools.

How do we not recognize what Tee did? What do you want to be recognized that hasn’t already been acknowledged?

I'm baffled at some of these new "Tennessee fans" who come in and do nothing but put us down, and praise uga and Florida. I can appreciate someone with battered Vol syndrome, as I've been guilty, but all they do is knock us, and praise the other schools.
Its obvious he's a gator troll. Look at this "discussion" and his/her post history, then the username. Haha, the funny thing about the username is he/she is mocking the "Volgators" that I mock sometimes. The ones that are always crying about not being able to beat Florida and laughing at the others that have hope.

Poetic Justice? Lol, its been bitter sweet.

Its obvious he's a gator troll. Look at this "discussion" and his/her post history, then the username. Haha, the funny thing about the username is he/she is mocking the "Volgators" that I mock sometimes. The ones that are always crying about not being able to beat Florida and laughing at the others that have hope.

Poetic Justice? Lol, its been bitter sweet.
i know he's a gator troll but it's still funny to see his lack of logic even in trolling lol

He has no actual response to this

Yeah. He or she or whatever pronoun they do prefer (I’m so 2020 now) has never really responded to anything I’ve directly quoted. I really don’t understand the point of derailing a conversation/debate by pretending to be something that you aren’t. How does that make your day better?

VN Store

Back