Bailey>Manning

Bailey or Manning?

• HB

Votes: 38 8.9%
  • PM

Votes: 391 91.1%

• Total voters
You are still sticking to the Chris Leak is better than Manning who was average narrative? Because I still have yet to see a reason why Manning won so many awards and hall of fame and such if his college career as average. Oh yea and named to the ALLTIME CF team of the last 150 years

It's not a difficult question son. What did Peyton accomplish that Grossman didn't?

(1)Manning,(2)Casey Clauson(spelling?)(3)Dewey Warren,(4)Josh Dobbs,(5)Tee Martin ..... Harrison Bailey- we'll find out.Let him have a chance to play and be his own man before we try to compare him to the GOAT!

Just had dinner at my second favorite bar in GA. Sat next to a local HS coach... Says we have the best QB in SEC. His opinion. His team played against Trevor Lawrence and says they are similar. Says Bailey is best in SEC right now and could have started at many colleges as true HS Freshman. I mentioned this thread to him and he thought Bailey COULD be better (College Player) than PM. I pray he's great for us, but PM will always be my huckleberry.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
You just made four mistakes:

1. You posted stats pertaining to Grossman without acknowledgement that Grossman played one full season less than Manning. Ipn comparative data, Rex crushes Manning.
Incredible...you can't even reply to a post about context and not screw up your context even though it was explicitly explained the comparison was made to underscore the massive impact of Manning as an individual player vs what had come before. Grossman...not so much. And by all means tot up the totals of each player's last two seasons (Grossman's only as a starter) and let us know what you find. Be sure to check the definition of "crush" first.

2. You have invoked Spurrier. Grossman didn't just play under Spurrier.
Speaking of making someone's point for them. Sans Spurrier Grossman's comp% dropped 13% and TD's 35%. Oh, and be sure to note that without Spurrier Rex (since it's all about the player with you) lost only one fewer game than Manning did as a starter his whole career.

3. You bought into arguing against yourself. Grossman isn't the point. Wuerffel/Leak/Tebow are the points. Grossman is an analogy to beg comparison. Grossman has no trophies, and you are sitting there trying to put Manning ahead of him.
This represents nothing I've argued.

4. You are forgetting Tee. I don't give much crud about what Grossman did. Tee won a Natty. You want Stats or hardware?

And on this last bit here we are again (already addressed by others, including myself) with the old conflating team accomplishments with individual ones. Tee Martin never won a game. Of course neither did Peyton or Grossman or any other player you could name. Remember when "Tee" beat FL? Go look up his stats. Speaking conservatively Al Wilson had twice as much to do with that win than Tee. Hell, the offense totaled 235y with just under a quarter of that coming on one Shawn Bryson run.

Manning is considered great (and not just by UT fans) because nobody was thinking he was a product of coaching. (The "Ole Ball Coach" was more a celebrity than any QB that played under him.

VN Store

Back