Bailey led the team in passing

Bailey lead in interceptions too. Also, defense was in a prevent mode which allowed passing as game was all but over. Nothing to see with the passing stat. Much more wrong than just the QB.
Int was not his fault, if you had paid attention there should have been PI where the WR was hit before the ball ever arrived but nice try. Id rather watch Bailey throw Ints getting experience than watch JG with so called experience throw pick 6s and Ints and knowing there is no hope in the future with JG

Last edited:
Maurer threw a ton of picks against elite. Maurer should not be a drop back. Hes a rollout, scrambler, zone read type. Not how our coaches use him at all.

Bailey should be straight drop. Our coaches make no adjustments to the kind of talent we have. Pruitt can't fix it bc he doesn't understand offense. I'd say play Bailey since he seems to appear to be the type of qb chaney prefers. Also, what the hell is weinke and chaney doing? They appear to do nothing in regards to qb play and prep.
He threw 3 pick between bama and uga and FLA.... 2 vs MSU..0 vs anyone else...

Int was not his fault, if you had paid attention there should have been PI where the WR was hit before the ball ever arrived but nice try.
So now one ints have context....??? Just because it's HB.... both JGv and BM hand ints that you could say wasn't thier fault, but they still counted

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
He threw 3 pick between bama and uga and FLA.... 2 vs MSU..0 vs anyone else...
Well he played 1 quarter at the most versus bama. Not sure if he finished or played the whole game in the rest. But bama was very little. And he didn't play many full games at all last year.

Maurer threw a ton of picks against elite. Maurer should not be a drop back. Hes a rollout, scrambler, zone read type. Not how our coaches use him at all.

Bailey should be straight drop. Our coaches make no adjustments to the kind of talent we have. Pruitt can't fix it bc he doesn't understand offense. I'd say play Bailey since he seems to appear to be the type of qb chaney prefers. Also, what the hell is weinke and chaney doing? They appear to do nothing in regards to qb play and prep.

Pruitt is an expert at stopping offenses.

And it shows.

Well he played 1 quarter at the most versus bama. Not sure if he finished or played the whole game in the rest. But bama was very little. And he didn't play many full games at all last year.
And HB was 2 picks in 13 attempts...context matters...its very difficult to be thrown into another QBs gameplan with little practice time.....when prepared for games (except KY after injury) BM played well...HB played well at the end of this game..

Reactions: GBOx2
He also faced a prevent defense that gave him the underneath. The others (JG and Maurer) were staring down the barrel of 0 blitzes all night long.

Maurer sucks period. Maurer never once used his pocket, and scrambled outside of it throwing off of his back foot consistently. Kid had 3+ series to show what he had and almost threw an interception into triple coverage.(should of been intercepted but the DB sucked)

Bailey got blitzed and stayed in the pocket avoided the blitz by stepping up, on the post route he threw that was beautiful.

Last edited:
The burning question in all of this is, "How's he lookin' in practice, aight?"

Hopefully the kid gets more and more snaps sooner than later, if for nothing else than the gametime experience that he can learn from and build upon.

Reactions: spacificislander
I see the "Maurer sucks" craps come up all the time....he played bad this last game..probably shouldn't have played due to the loss of family..he had no focus and it shows...then people bring up 47% and 2/5 from last season against him...but HB is 7 of 13 0/2. But that doesn't matter..

If we are gonna judge these kids then do it straight across the board..use the same crap for both...you wanna run stats fine...wanna run stats with context then be fair about it...

That being said..We need to see what HB can do during real-time...he needs to start needs time invested...BM needs time invested, needs to re focus...you cannot say either is good or bad the way the QB situation has been handled..

Rant over

Reactions: cgrish and 1vol8
I see the "Maurer sucks" craps come up all the time....he played bad this last game..probably shouldn't have played due to the loss of family..he had no focus and it shows...then people bring up 47% and 2/5 from last season against him...but HB is 7 of 13 0/2. But that doesn't matter..

If we are gonna judge these kids then do it straight across the board..use the same crap for both...you wanna run stats fine...wanna run stats with context then be fair about it...

That being said..We need to see what HB can do during real-time...he needs to start needs time invested...BM needs time invested, needs to re focus...you cannot say either is good or bad the way the QB situation has been handled..

Rant over

Context matters. Bailey’s first pass play of the game was on 4th and 4...... his first pass play of the game......

BM sucks. Period. Played last year has experience and still sucks. BM had 3+ series and looked horrible.

He also faced a prevent defense that gave him the underneath. The others (JG and Maurer) were staring down the barrel of 0 blitzes all night long.
Maurer is terrible, you're gonna ride that ship til it sinks I see. It doesn't matter what D you call when a QB receives the snap and instantly locks on to one guy the entire play. Kid is terrible

Reactions: lexkyvol
Context matters. Bailey’s first pass play of the game was on 4th and 4...... his first pass play of the game......

BM sucks. Period. Played last year has experience and still sucks. BM had 3+ series and looked horrible.
Context mattersb ok 1 ints against bm bounced out of JJ hands and another happend afterba head injury...your opinion is just that but if you are gonna compare at least be fair about it....and how many games did BM come in for 1 series or when the team was behind??? 4...the games he started he was 52% completion....HB should get a chance he earned it...and needs to start...

Maurer sucks period. Maurer never once used his pocket, and scrambled outside of it throwing off of his back foot consistently. Kid had 3+ series to show what he had and almost threw an interception into triple coverage.(should of been intercepted but the DB sucked)

Bailey got blitzed and stayed in the pocket avoided the blitz by stepping up, on the post route he threw that was beautiful.
Maurer just isn't calm enough to be a big time QB. He plays exactly like he looks on the sideline, startled.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
It’s as if some of you didn’t watch last year when he looked exactly the same vs UF and COMPLETELY different just two weeks later.

It’s as if some of you didn’t watch last year when he looked exactly the same vs UF and COMPLETELY different just two weeks later.
So more time in the film room and less time on twitter "recruiting" as the 4th string QB would've served him well?

he was injured...but recruiting its called being a leader....dude if you don't like the kids at least be man enough to say it....
I tend to not care for bad QB play, I don't know the kid. I had the same feelings for Simms, Worley, Peterman & JG. I've seen enough of Maurer to throw him in. Oh and don't get me started on twitter warriors, or as you call it "leaders". KMac, Savion Williams, Kongbo etc..

Rant over
Straight across the board FR to FR one had a spring and fall camp....one did not

VN Store

Back