Baffled about Lady Vols

Only if she plays like one.

Why do you guys think KJH would hold back on anything that might help her at this point?
Because of what she says about changing her interview... Something like that really sticks in your mind

In SEC play only Pissots D Rating is 95.5, Darby is 92.1, RJ is a 93. Lower is better. All are bad ratings. A good defender is in the 80s.

Our only starter in the 80s is Horston and her D is 6 points worse than it was last year.

We are missing Key on defense, obviously, but we are also capable of doing much better than we have been.

In SEC play only Pissots D Rating is 95.5, Darby is 92.1, RJ is a 93. Lower is better. All are bad ratings. A good defender is in the 80s.

Our only starter in the 80s is Horston and her D is 6 points worse than it was last year.

We are missing Key on defense, obviously, but we are also capable of doing much better than we have been.
Is this from HerHoops?

Only if they can do more than stand in one spot like a tree. But I do agree with your basic premise. I guess they could stand there like trees if the PG and the other players are very good like RJ and JH. There are a lot of very good 3 point shooters that are good at other things like bringing the ball up the court, helping breaking the press, etc..
You were on point with this reply

Why is Harper continuing to play a man defense 90 percent of the time when we can't guard anybody? We should be playing zone--a lot. I'm sure
we'd make the same dumb, fundamental mistakes that have defined this program for years if we played zone, but it's got to be at least slightly
better suited to our personnel than man.

I wouldn't attach much validity to Pissot's defensive rating given how few minutes she's played. The sample size for her is too small, IMO.

I don't think we're missing Key--she's just too slow, a very cumbersome player. We're missing smarts and good decision-making and FUNDAMENTALS on the court--a longtime problem. Our players make far too many bad decisions.

Right. We don't miss the player who set the Lady Vol record for blocks in only three seasons, including an abbreviated one.

Brilliant observation.

Right, she wasn't the same player this year. Knowing what we know now, we can't hold that against her. She's never going to be an offensive juggernaut. But she was one of the best defensive players in the NCAA.

Why is Harper continuing to play a man defense 90 percent of the time when we can't guard anybody? We should be playing zone--a lot. I'm sure
we'd make the same dumb, fundamental mistakes that have defined this program for years if we played zone, but it's got to be at least slightly
better suited to our personnel than man.

I wouldn't attach much validity to Pissot's defensive rating given how few minutes she's played. The sample size for her is too small, IMO.

I don't think we're missing Key--she's just too slow, a very cumbersome player. We're missing smarts and good decision-making and FUNDAMENTALS on the court--a longtime problem. Our players make far too many bad decisions.
Just think what someone who isn’t a fan would say……

VN Store

Back