Back in it baby (UF)!!!!

after watching that game, it makes me think that UT's athletes just aren't good enough.

life-O-the-party once again, eh mullet? every silver lining has a touch of gray? You're right about the athletes overall, but gooooolleeeey!

Kentucky is the front runner now, who would have ever seen that coming at the beginning of the season!?!? :eek:hmy: However, they do have tough games to finally come, but they are only one win away from going to a bowl game as well! Tenn is far behind.

SEC championship? Put the crack pipe down. I was thrilled to see the Gators get beat. However, please remember Auburn = SEC WEST. Florida =SEC EAST. Important distinction there :p Call me when we beat a SEC team (haven't seem to be able to pull that one off yet).

Why does it really matter what division?

I'm sure this news will make some "Vol fans" upset but I'm excited. Just need to take care of the dawgies next weekend.

I'm torn on that. Part of me thinks the same thing, but on the other hand seeing a team that looked as bad as you can look and get beat by Miss State turn around and beat Florida gives me hope.

great point, GA! :thumbsup:

Auburn's defensive line made all the difference. Tackles stood their ground and didn't let teabag get his customary five yards a carry.

Tebow might just get his head knocked off by Big Glenn next week, if Tebow runs as much as he did tonight.

Kentucky is the front runner now, who would have ever seen that coming at the beginning of the season!?!? :eek:hmy: However, they do have tough games to finally come, but they are only one win away from going to a bowl game as well! Tenn is far behind.

Tennessee is one game behind and Kentucky hasn't seen Georgia, Florida, South Carolina or us yet. It will all shake out as far as Kentucky is concerned.

SEC championship? Put the crack pipe down. I was thrilled to see the Gators get beat. However, please remember Auburn = SEC WEST. Florida =SEC EAST. Important distinction there :p Call me when we beat a SEC team (haven't seem to be able to pull that one off yet).

it never ceases to amaze me that people don't understand how conference play works. :lolabove:

The SECE is indeed wide open again. One had to figure a Florida loss at LSU (and still do) and with the extra loss now, it is certainly likely that should UT, or South Carolina, or Kentucky, or UGA win out their SEC games, then that team will go to Atlanta.

Someone else said it the other day here, the SECE winner could have two SEC losses. With the balance the way it is, it is not inconceivable the SECE winner will have three losses.

I'm torn on that. Part of me thinks the same thing, but on the other hand seeing a team that looked as bad as you can look and get beat by Miss State turn around and beat Florida gives me hope.

That's about all we have at this point.

I wouldn't complain if everybody else in the SEC East added a "Gators Suck!" to their cheerleading gameplan.

The problem is, once we do that, how do we squeeze in the "Gamecocks Suck!", too.

I mean, we normally think of cheerleaders as prissy, self entitled little girls, but doesn't that, by definition, mean there's only so much 'adapting to changing situations' we can expect them to do?

So, which is it- Do we keep on harping on the Gators, or do we give up on our shaming by UF and let the girls start concentrating on trying to remember curses on the other teams that we ought to be scared of?

hmmm A loss to an SEC west team is still an SEC loss...UT and UF are currently tied with UF owning the tiebreaker based on head-to-head.

Not sure what the mysterious "important distinction" you are talking about but speaking of laying down the crack pipes...

Much as Fulmer is on the hot seat, it is in his hands to turn it around. 80% chance LSU beats UF. That happens and UT controls their own destiny.

The SECE is indeed wide open again. One had to figure a Florida loss at LSU (and still do) and with the extra loss now, it is certainly likely that should UT, or South Carolina, or Kentucky, or UGA win out their SEC games, then that team will go to Atlanta.

Someone else said it the other day here, the SECE winner could have two SEC losses. With the balance the way it is, it is not inconceivable the SECE winner will have three losses.
Three is hard to imagine, but two certainly.

Tennessee is one game behind and Kentucky hasn't seen Georgia, Florida, South Carolina or us yet. It will all shake out as far as Kentucky is concerned.

Hence why I said finally to see tough games. :thumbsup:

remember GA we haven't seen South Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, or Arkansas yet. I'm happy to see the Gators go down, but the thought of winning the East in my mind just went up minimally at best.

Hate to pee on the bonfire, but.....

- UT's offense scored 13 points against the UF defense.
- Auburn scored 20.

- Auburn held UF to 17 points.
- UT gave up 42 more.

Auburn is a "mid-pack" SEC West team.

Yes...it's a game of "any given Saturday". Still, UT has to play UGA, MSU, SC, Bama, Arkansas, UK, and Vandy.

None of those are a given.

Go find a mirror...look in it...and ask yourself this question: Do the Vols look like a contender for the SEC East title?

There's your answer.

The point is we just gained a wole lot og ground in getting the ability to control our destiny. That is all we can hope for right now.

hmmm A loss to an SEC west team is still an SEC loss...UT and UF are currently tied with UF owning the tiebreaker based on head-to-head.

Not sure what the mysterious "important distinction" you are talking about but speaking of laying down the crack pipes...

As stated above, the idiot you are talking to is making a smart*** comment and doesn't understand what he's talking about, it's quite pathetic.

Congrats to AU and thank you, I'll join the dreamers and start thinking about a big win vs UGA turning our season around.

At the end of next week, maybe, in sec east

USC 3-1
UT 1-1
UK 1-1
UF 2-2
UGA 2-2
Vandy 1-2

remember GA we haven't seen South Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, or Arkansas yet. I'm happy to see the Gators go down, but the thought of winning the East in my mind just went up minimally at best.

I definitely agree. I was speaking more to Kentucky than anything else. If past performance is any indication, we are a long shot at best, but at least the door is cracked a little if only for a week or two.

VN Store

Back