'22 AZ WR Kyler Kasper (Oregon commit)

Key portion of this interview to me is when he said he saw the forecast and almost canceled his visit and dropped TN from his list completely till a TN fan on Twitter let him know this was unusual weather and that he’s still a great fit for the offense. Thank god for that person. LOL
Weather definitely isn’t a factor if he’s considering Oregon.. that place sucks

“They’re in the top, for sure,” he said. “I’d say Oregon’s up there. Ohio State, Georgia, (Southern Cal), UCLA and Iowa, those are all up there.”

“The fan base is crazy,” Kasper said. “We showed up to the baseball game for a little bit. The fans were pretty crazy, so it was awesome.

“It’s awesome,” he added, referring to fans chanting his name during the baseball game. “Nico’s fans are crazy. But it was real cool to see that and experience that.”

“I just liked going into the stadium and, like, being able to just picture everyone in that stadium,” he said. “It gave me the chills for a second. It was cool.”

“Nico, he’s a great leader and he’s a pretty good recruiter, too,” Kasper said. “He’s out here recruiting everybody that’s down here. It’s been real cool to watch that.

“We’ve known each other for a little bit now, just through, like, (7-on-7) and visits and all that stuff. But this is the first time we were able to, like, hang out a lot and then get to know each other, like, real well besides just over the phone and then at visits and stuff like that, so it’s pretty cool.”

“Anywhere I go, I’m obviously going to want a quarterback who can get me the ball,” Kasper said, “so that’s a big deal.”

“I mean, number one, the fan base,” Kasper said, recalling Iamaleava’s sales pitch. “Number two, I like the offense — their splits, the option routes, the uptempo. For a receiver, it’s what you want to be in.”
callahan

Commitment soon? 🤞
Not gonna lie. Saw the first photo and was like whoa did he commit and I missed it HAHA

Ive said before I think hes already in the boat outside of Oregon getting a top QB.
Other than that its Or, Iowa, USCw, Georgia, and Ohio State.

As much as we all would like him to it may go down to the wire.

We'll see...

Reactions: orangejuice
Ive said before I think hes already in the boat outside of Oregon getting a top QB.
Other than that its Or, Iowa, USCw, Georgia, and Ohio State.

As much as we all would like him to it may go down to the wire.

We'll see...
Oregon weather sucks plus why waste time building a new relationship with a new QB when him and Nico got one😉
Iowa...who??I don't even think his dad is gonna push that on him and that's his school.
USC I guess pretty weather and little closer to home.
Georgia...If he wants to waste his talents being a blocking WR. Yeah possible to go to the SEC Champ or Natty but does nothing for you to the next level.
So it comes down to Ohio and TN and Ohio has crappy weather and not as nice at Knoxville.
Soooooooo he's a Vol.

I think Tate, Nico, Luttrell and Madden know just from their comments...could be wrong

Reactions: HeadVol77
Oregon weather sucks plus why waste time building a new relationship with a new QB when him and Nico got one😉
Iowa...who??I don't even think his dad is gonna push that on him and that's his school.
USC I guess pretty weather and little closer to home.
Georgia...If he wants to waste his talents being a blocking WR. Yeah possible to go to the SEC Champ or Natty but does nothing for you to the next level.
So it comes down to Ohio and TN and Ohio has crappy weather and not as nice at Knoxville.
Soooooooo he's a Vol.

I think Tate, Nico, Luttrell and Madden know just from their comments...could be wrong

I hope so.

Im so sick of losing recruits to the likes of Georgia and O$U. Not saying their careers are lost at O$U but damn at Georgia like you said he'd primarily be a blocker. BORING!

He comments on everything UT/OSU/ND related from recruits supporting the school on there. Visits probably done for him so will be interesting to see what comes out about OSU and UT in the next couple of weeks

Im not saying its impossible but its hard for Tennessee to compete with OSU at WR right now. Recent history unfortunately is not in our favor.

We'll see...

Im not saying its impossible but its hard for Tennessee to compete with OSU at WR right now. Recent history unfortunately is not in our favor.

We'll see...
Stop. You aren't being positive! You are right but you aren't being positive smh. This is a joke alluding to another thread discussing Treyaun Webb

We'll see...
But that's the thing now with the transfer portal. It may not be as hard to compete. Who knows who the QB will be at Ohio when Tate enter in '23. You even got starters leaving schools.If he doesn't have a QB to deliver the ball, he won't put up numbers
Coming in with Nico he has a pretty good chance of knowing who the QB is as long as we can get him some NIL $$
Also you know eyes are going to be on TN with Nico and seeing if they got their money's worth

QB room is going to be interesting in 23 with Milton, Jackson and Nico.
I wonder how CJH will handle that. If Milton has improved he'll likely start as QB1. So does Jackson get QB2 or does Nico. I would not be surprised in Nico isn't already getting game film and a slimmed down playbook to start going over. Along with CJH and staff giving his HS coach things to work with Nico on this season before he get's to TN.
I originally thought he'd be fighting for QB2/QB3 but I'm not so sure he won't be fighting for QB1. Jackson has the edge because of being in the system already but there are some freshmen like Lawrence who was just so much better than his peers that he started
Either way fun times ahead for TN

Reactions: SweetasSoda
But that's the thing now with the transfer portal. It may not be as hard to compete. Who knows who the QB will be at Ohio when Tate enter in '23. You even got starters leaving schools.If he doesn't have a QB to deliver the ball, he won't put up numbers
Coming in with Nico he has a pretty good chance of knowing who the QB is as long as we can get him some NIL $$
Also you know eyes are going to be on TN with Nico and seeing if they got their money's worth

QB room is going to be interesting in 23 with Milton, Jackson and Nico.
I wonder how CJH will handle that. If Milton has improved he'll likely start as QB1. So does Jackson get QB2 or does Nico. I would not be surprised in Nico isn't already getting game film and a slimmed down playbook to start going over. Along with CJH and staff giving his HS coach things to work with Nico on this season before he get's to TN.
I originally thought he'd be fighting for QB2/QB3 but I'm not so sure he won't be fighting for QB1. Jackson has the edge because of being in the system already but there are some freshmen like Lawrence who was just so much better than his peers that he started
Either way fun times ahead for TN

It’s almost guaranteed that if Nico is as advertised we’ll lose Jackson at some point.

It’s almost guaranteed that if Nico is as advertised we’ll lose Jackson at some point.
Yeah it would be hard seeing him sticking around with the portal being the wild wild west.
I know the saying is he's getting up to $8m and he's gotta play but I think it's going to be more of he's a 5* and if he finishes #1-5 in the country fans are going to want to see him come in.
I'd pretty much bet it won't be like last season. If we put it away early, the back up guys are going to get some game time snaps. Nico will see the field in '23 in some fashion

VN Store

Back