'22 AZ WR Kyler Kasper (Oregon commit)

Im not saying its impossible but its hard for Tennessee to compete with OSU at WR right now. Recent history unfortunately is not in our favor.

We'll see...
Big difference competing now with OSU with Nico coming on than it was back when we had JG back there

But that's the thing now with the transfer portal. It may not be as hard to compete. Who knows who the QB will be at Ohio when Tate enter in '23. You even got starters leaving schools.If he doesn't have a QB to deliver the ball, he won't put up numbers
Coming in with Nico he has a pretty good chance of knowing who the QB is as long as we can get him some NIL $$
Also you know eyes are going to be on TN with Nico and seeing if they got their money's worth

QB room is going to be interesting in 23 with Milton, Jackson and Nico.
I wonder how CJH will handle that. If Milton has improved he'll likely start as QB1. So does Jackson get QB2 or does Nico. I would not be surprised in Nico isn't already getting game film and a slimmed down playbook to start going over. Along with CJH and staff giving his HS coach things to work with Nico on this season before he get's to TN.
I originally thought he'd be fighting for QB2/QB3 but I'm not so sure he won't be fighting for QB1. Jackson has the edge because of being in the system already but there are some freshmen like Lawrence who was just so much better than his peers that he started
Either way fun times ahead for TN
If Milton ever gets a meaningful snap at QB after this upcoming season we’re in trouble. From everything being said about Jackson the only guy he’ll be backing up after this season is Nico, and it wouldn’t be surprising at all if Nico doesn’t start until his 2nd year on campus. Tayven is apparently the real deal and a full summer and season in the offense plus another round of spring and summer practice will help that much more. Plus the WRs he will have to throw to. Milton has zero touch on the ball and no feel for the game whatsoever. Unless they’re able to work a miracle with him like we saw with Ainge under Cutcliffe and Crompton after the Florida game in 2009 he never needs to step foot on the field again. Put Shuler or Moore out there before him. At least they likely won’t run out of bounds with no time left on the clock inside the 30 and I’m sure Moore has the best grasp of the offense of any QB on the roster

If Milton ever gets a meaningful snap at QB after this upcoming season we’re in trouble. From everything being said about Jackson the only guy he’ll be backing up after this season is Nico, and it wouldn’t be surprising at all if Nico doesn’t start until his 2nd year on campus. Tayven is apparently the real deal and a full summer and season in the offense plus another round of spring and summer practice will help that much more. Plus the WRs he will have to throw to. Milton has zero touch on the ball and no feel for the game whatsoever. Unless they’re able to work a miracle with him like we saw with Ainge under Cutcliffe and Crompton after the Florida game in 2009 he never needs to step foot on the field again. Put Shuler or Moore out there before him. At least they likely won’t run out of bounds with no time left on the clock inside the 30 and I’m sure Moore has the best grasp of the offense of any QB on the roster

Your first sentence was stated by many people on VN last year about Hooker, and yet he’s being Included in talk about the Heisman.

As for Kyler Kasper, he has been fairly quiet since returning home. We said when rumors started to swirl exiting the visit that it was over, that we believed that there were some factors that still had to be talked about with the family. We will see what the next couple of weeks hold here. -VQ
"Factors"

Hum.......1650025663792.jpegNot what ya think......:)

All the top receivers wanting to do one massive commitment video together?! Blow up the internet stuff? And they all going to transfer to play with Nico their senior year to start the chemistry?
schults-knows-nothing.gif

Im not saying its impossible but its hard for Tennessee to compete with OSU at WR right now. Recent history unfortunately is not in our favor.

We'll see...
I think we have turned the corner. It is very tough to recruit against these guys. But I think we will start to win more, especially on the offensive side.

VN Store

Back