'22 AZ WR Kyler Kasper (Oregon commit)

I think we have turned the corner. It is very tough to recruit against these guys. But I think we will start to win more, especially on the offensive side.
Agreed. Need to win more on the defensive side as well. Tyre West, Joshua Josephs and James Pearce are huge, but we need elite linebackers and secondary players that we didn't get last cycle.

Last edited:
I think his point was that it's always raining there, as opposed to us having heavy rains between lots of sun.
Yes the dreadful overcast there because of the Wilmette valley. It's a constant drisel.

Still very nice overall. Oregon is a great choice for kid on the west coast.

Tennessee is a great choice for a kid from anywhere tho...

Maybe after his visit coaches are finalizing receiving board and feel better about Tate and deciding between Brown/Kasper/Hyatt for last spot or 2??

Reactions: Big Orange#1
I’m thinking about these classes like an NFL GM would which I think is the new future. Spyre has a money pool that while we wish it was endless, isn’t most likely so I’d just be interested if those types of thoughts and planning are going on behind the scenes. I just find it interesting APs not dropping more super specific hints yet like he does when he knows it’s “done”.

I’m thinking about these classes like an NFL GM would which I think is the new future. Spyre has a money pool that while we wish it was endless, isn’t most likely so I’d just be interested if those types of thoughts and planning are going on behind the scenes. I just find it interesting APs not dropping more super specific hints yet like he does when he knows it’s “done”.
He alluded to it not being an NIL issue

Reactions: Ericvol2096
I wonder if he’s got a kid or his GF is pregnant and they’re thinking about childcare.

Could be a number of things, including simply how many more visits to take, etc. I do wonder if they want to give Iowa some more consideration (or at least the appearance of, for the Hawkeyes’ benefit) before committing elsewhere.

I don’t claim to know for sure what they’re working out internal to the family, I just doubt it’s NIL. That proposal will be what it will be and I doubt that a) anyone we’re recruiting against has their sh!t together enough to match from a dollar or even sophistication perspective b) it’s much of a “negotiable” thing to begin with.

If we want the NCAA back up in our $h!t then the coaches are hands on with NIL. This is why supercuts was pissed off when he had Zach Evans here. The coaches direct you to Spyre and walk away from it. Do they have an outside man that is an intermediary between the staff and Spyre? That's a distinct possibility, but the coaches aren't directly discussing NIL at all.

VN Store

Back