Avengers Endgame ****SPOILER THREAD****

I was waiting for you to start the bracket.

Speaking of brackets, I was catching up on a thread in the recruiting forum I haven't read in a few weeks and somebody was in that thread crying about the Superhero bracket ruining the Movie thread. It was back in April, but they were mad.

Well they sit around discussing teen age boys. LOL

Well they sit around discussing teen age boys. LOL
th

Saw it last night. First hour was not good. Once the golden circles showed up it got a lot better. Ended well too so if it had been about 45 minutes shorter it would have been great. Infinity War is superior in every way.

I don’t get the complaints about the first hour. The characters needed some time to show the fallout of IW. A big part of the movie is how they thought they were defeated for 5 years. Post snap was just the way it was going to be going forward and they had to deal with it.

Can’t just be all smash and blast for 3.5 hours.

Not really. The entire point of the scene was it was a call to arms for everyone to show up to help fight. I mean there was no point in Howard the Duck being there either but he was. I find it a bit humorous you're so outraged about it considering we've already seen her battle in IM3 and this is about 10 years later in the MCU timeline. It's not outrageous at all to think Tony created suits specifically for her and that she has experience using it by now.
So I guess this thread is just for those who want to circle jerk? Can’t point out a like 2 scenes that I didn’t like?

Thinking a few scenes dumb and making some cheeky comments about it doesn’t = outrage. Y’all bout as dramatic as Cap.

So I guess this thread is just for those who want to circle jerk? Can’t point out a like 2 scenes that I didn’t like?

Thinking a few scenes dumb and making some cheeky comments about it doesn’t = outrage. Y’all bout as dramatic as Cap.
This is an awfully dramatic post coming from someone who is accusing other people of being dramatic.

And yet you seem to be the only one who's getting emotional about anything. Color me shocked.

You gave your "reasons" for why you didn't like the scenes, and I replied back. So while you're accusing me and others of just wanting to "circle jerk", the truth appears to be you want to be able to complain and not be challenged on it in anyway. Again, color me shocked.

And yet you seem to be the only one who's getting emotional about anything. Color me shocked.

You gave your "reasons" for why you didn't like the scenes, and I replied back. So while you're accusing me and others of just wanting to "circle jerk", the truth appears to be you want to be able to complain and not be challenged on it in anyway. Again, color me shocked.
I voiced my opinion. You’re reply accused me of being “outraged.” That’s not the case, which is why I said you’re being dramatic.

None of the scenes I mentioned ruined the movie for me. Just thought them unnecessary and thereby dumb.

I voiced my opinion. You’re reply accused me of being “outraged.” That’s not the case, which is why I said you’re being dramatic.

None of the scenes I mentioned ruined the movie for me. Just thought them unnecessary and thereby dumb.

Yes, I heard you the first 3 times you posted about it. But no, you're not getting worked up over it or anything.

Saw it last night. First hour was not good. Once the golden circles showed up it got a lot better. Ended well too so if it had been about 45 minutes shorter it would have been great. Infinity War is superior in every way.
My general interest in time travel begs to differ, haha.

Well not one way:

200.gif

We finally went tonight, and I thought it was fantastic.

Reading through the spoilers feels like following the Game of Thrones thread. It's the end of a road, and we are all emotionally invested, so nothing is going to seem "good enough."
My initial reaction was that I liked it a lot but I felt like IW was better. But Honestly this one was a much bigger challenge for the Russo’s. IW was just getting the entire expanded MU together (minus Ant-Man and Hawkeye). The story was fairly self contained to that movie. But this one had soooo many storylines to tie up or nod back to as well as wrap up 2 of the big 3 characters. There had to be weight to it as well. Lasting ramifications.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Endgame is now only $299 million behind Avatar as the highest grossing film worldwide. It's slowing down but still did #1 at the domestic box office. I still think it will do it but it won't end up beating it by much. Those that were saying it would be the first $3 billion grossing film ever were a bit too optimistic.

So many holes. So don't care. Loved it. Gave me what I wanted... Liked all the call backs to the other movies. Liked the humor. Loved fat Thor lol...

The 3rd act Battle was great... So cool when the portals started opening abd everyone started coming back... Gotta love that.

Really liked Hawkeye getting darker.

And I liked that they got you to really hate Thanos...

Anyway...I agree with all the issues the movie had... Asked alot of those same questions while watching it...

Just don't care.. Great movie for fans.
Pretty much agree. It is a fantasy movie so I try to suspend disbelief and enjoy it. I don't care about plot holes to do with time travel because it is not reality and we have no idea how it would work. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

My most impactful moments from Endgame:
  1. Iron Man's Death
  2. Opening Scene with Clint when his whole family died (As SOON as that scene started with him showing his daughter how to shoot a bow, I had the biggest knot I've ever had in my stomach. I knew what was going to happen and spent the whole scene about to throw up)
  3. Thanos beheaded (I went into this movie thinking the entire plot was going to be that The Avengers were going to spend the movie finding/fighting Thanos to steal the infinity stones back and reverse what he had done. Not sooner than TEN MINUTES into the movie they f***ing KILL THANOS). I was like "Oh, s***, buckle up, here we go" after that.
  4. Thanos dusted
  5. Captain American wielding Mjolnir
  6. Sam's voice/the portals opening
  7. Thor's gut
  8. "Heil Hydra"
I had such a hard time making this list. I will probably add to it. I challenge you to try to make one and see what you would put first.
I think number 6 is my favorite line of the whole series.

I must’ve missed the part where they shoved literally every male superhero in the MCU into a single camera shot to make an obvious point about masculinity. Doesn’t that sound dumb? Yeah. And the female equivalent is dumb too.

I didn’t say it ruined the movie for me so don’t get your jimmies all rustled. Bunch of men have died, and women take over power positions in GoT and you won’t hear me say anything about it bc It’s not about what is said but how. Steve Jobs was a better presenter than Elon Musk will ever be. Songwriters all write about the same things but they don’t all hit the top of the charts. The scene was forced, took me out of the moment, and is thereby a dumb scene to me.

I thought Bucky saying, “I thought you took all the stupid with you?” Or whatever to Cap was incredibly dumb too. That scene was between two male characters. Some people probably found that very funny. Dumbbbb imo. Are you okay with that?
Not really. You're making a mountain out of a molehill, IMO. My wife and daughter noticed it and it didn't bother me at all.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Avengers Endgame (2019)
10/10

An entertaining excellent movie from start to finish, removes the cliffhangers set up in Avengers Infinity War, has payoffs also from other MCU Movies, answers a great question vast persons had in Avengers Infinity War, removes 2 glaring issues from Avengers Infinity War, continues where Avengers Infinity War ended, as usual terrific soundtrack with music that fits the scenes, an incredible high amount of action climax with colossal stakes, multiple amazing scenes that amazed me including in the Climax, lines that are more than 10 references to past MCU Movies and other entertainment, 3 dimensional likable good characters , a easy plot hole that was avoided, high amount of drama because of colossal stakes, a memorable main Villain, and a wonderful ending.

I know this movie has obvious flaws except because it is a entertaining amazing from start to finish with great likable good characters, a terrific Nefarious Main Villain, scenes that amaze me including ones that are unexpected, etc that doesn’t bother me or diminish the quality for me which is why the movie get’s a 10 out of 10 rating.
I would put Avengers Endgame as number 1 in my top 10 or top 5 MCU movies, I would put this movie in the same league of excellence as the 2016 World Series game 7 the Cubs defeating the Indians in a heart attack game to win the World Series, and the 2008 Super Bowl the Underdog Wild Card Giants defeating a Juggernaut Patriots team that prevented the Patriots from finishing a perfect season.

Thanos destroyed the Infinity Gems or the Infinity Stones which is why even though the Avengers found him they can’t easily take those Infinity Stones and time travel back to before Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet to murder half of the Universe.
That is a easy plot hole that was removed.

He has visible damage on his face so it’s obvious he was not lying to the Avengers that the Infinity Stones are destroyed. Thor does take advantage of this opportunity with using the Storm Breaker axe to kill Thanos not making the same mistake twice since you should have aimed for the head was said in Avengers Infinity War.
Also Nebula talking that his father is many things except not a Liar.

Hawkeye was shown at home teaching his daughter to shoot a bow. That’s why he was not in Avengers Infinity War for where was he during that movie is answered. His family is shown being removed so the whole persons being killed is still happening.
Before Black Widow finds hime He becomes Ronin and is shown in Japan killing persons maybe Yakuza members. This won’t remove his pain and Black Widow does talk to him about that after finding him.
Ant-Man walking out of a location since he was still in the Quantum Realm. That is why he was absent or not shown in Avengers Infinity War.

Captain Marvel does say that other Planets don’t have Avengers, that is the believable valid explanation for why Captain Marvel was not helping the Avengers fight Thanos and his Black Order during Avengers Infinity War.
Steve Rogers is shown in a support group talking to persons since half the universe has been killed including a Mets fan that can’t watch the Mets since they are dead. The persons that survived have a fate wore than death.

Ant-Man does talk about the solution of time travel, except that has obvious flaws including they could alter the present even worse than what it is currently. It’s believable because of that reason that Tony Stark does not want to use that to fix the damage created by Thanos.
A believable reason after Steve talks to him for why he changed his mind which he outright says, also they need him so that they can time travel without the drawbacks of a person becoming to Old or to young when time traveling back to the Present year 2019.
This does get shown since we see Ant Man time travels back and obvious that he is a more than 30 years older, also extremely young.

During the 5 years since Thanos is killed we see a logical changes including Thor has become fat, and hair is long past his shoulders, Captain Marvel hairstyle is above his shoulders no longer long past her shoulders, etc.
Gamora from the past doesn’t know StarLord so it was hilarious that StarLord discovers this is not the same Gamora from the present.

The plan is for Captain America, Black Widow, and other Avengers to time travel back to certain years to certain locations to obtain the needed Infinity Stones and then time travel back to the present, then use the Infinity Stones to time travel back before Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet to kill half the universe so that the damage is removed.
Captain America does time travel back to 2014 during Captain America Winter Soldier, he doesn’t fight the Shield Agents in the Elevator that are really Hydra members, and because of his advanced knowledge says Hail Hydra and is given the Mind Stone.
Captain America sees the 2014 Captain America, a wonderful fight that includes both of them using their shields, and the present Captain America after a challenging fight is able to defeat the 2014 Captain America.
I was not expecting that at all.

Hail Hydra is a obvious reference to the Comic Book story when it was revealed Captain America is a Hydra agent.
Tony calling Thor Lebowski is obvious reference to the main character of that comedy movie since Fat Thor resembles that main character of that comedy movie.

It was foreshadowed that Captain America could use Thor’s Hammer in Avengers Age of Ultron because of him moving the hammer with Thor looking worried.

Also set up the whole Captain America dancing with Peggy Carter later. Steve is shown late in the movie dancing with Peggy which is terrific to have that payoff after more than 5 years later.

The 1 scenario that Doctor Strange saw with the Avengers winning does happen, Iron Man is able to remove the Infinity Stones from Thanos, use the Infinity Stones saying I am Iron Man and erases Thanos as a result the Outriders are also shown disappearing.
This was after Thanos said I am the Inevitable and snapping his finger before the reveal he does not have the Infinity Stones since nothing happened which amazed me.

After Thor’s hammer hits Thanos during the climax, Captain America is shown holding Thor’s hammer and his shield. While not utterly unexpected since foreshowed in Avengers Age of Ultron that Captain America is worthy to use the hammer I’m still amazed to see that reveal along with this entire scene since I really thought Thor in a desperate situation was summoning his hammer.

Captain Marvel does fight Thanos and is shown to be a highly powerful character that could believably defeat these Heavyweight character even though that doesn’t happen.

Captain America has a great scene holding his own vs Thanos by using the Hammer and Shield at the same time, used the hammer to quickly get the shield to return to him after Thanos blocked the shield.
He does spin the hammer and knocks Thanos off the freakin ground with a uppercut, also does throw the hammer and then the shield, also does hit the shield with his hammer that hits Thanos, etc.
Thanos is able to knock the Hammer out Captain America’s hand, does choke slam him, uses his double sword to break the shield after repeated strikes and does wound Captain America.

While Captain America does not win the fight he was having success fighting Thanos before Thanos is able to hurt Captain America and all hope looks lost Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Wakanda Army plus others are shown arriving through portals.

That amazed me and was utterly unexpected with that incredible timing.

The storm breaker axe flying past Captain Marvel’s head with her not moving with Thor catching the Axe amazed me, and Thor comments about I like this one meaning this valiant woman.
Thor saying “I knew it.” after seeing Captain America holding Thor’s hammer is a obvious reference since he saw the hammer moved slightly by Captain America in Avengers Age of Ultron.
It was obvious Captain America that is worthy choose not to continue or was not fully attempting to lift the hammer.

Scarlet Witch is shown landing not far from Thanos before the fight which amazed me because not expected at all. I love her line You took everything from me obvious reference to Avengers Infinity War him killing Vision her soulmate, and her line you will in response to Thanos saying I don’t even know who you are.
She shows exactly why he will know who she is since she does demolish the Nefarious lowest scum Bastard that is Thanos.
She does use telekinesis to move rocks quickly toward Thanos.
Thanos appears to be winning with his double edge sword moving down on Scarlet Witch with the intention to kill before she uses a magical bolt that knocks the double edge sword out of his hands and knocks him back.
She uses her magical energy to move him upward, this is painful since Thanos is groining or screaming and she easily removes the armor.

In 1 of the most amazing scenes Scarlet Witch easily defeats Thanos including removing the armor with what appears to be telekinesis ,and shooting him with magical bolts . This was a all to easy win for Scarlet Witch, also she did damage the double edge sword.
This is armor Thanos with the Double Sword, and since Scarlet Witch can attack him while remaining more than 9 yards away she has great advantages including the magical bolts a long range attack, telekinesis so it’s highly believable that without sweating she easily won this fight before Thanos uses his Ship to start shooting which ends the onslaught.

It is obvious if this fight continued Scarlet Witch would continue to win and win by knocking him out, or highly likely kill him since she did see this abomination this ruthless remorseless monster murder Vision to acquire the Mind Stone.

That speaks volumes that Thanos saw the futility, and needed outside help to end the onslaught.
It is not being cocky Scarlet Witch saying to Thanos that he’ll remember her name because of her demolishing Thanos.
This is Thanos from the past Guardians of the Galaxy to be exact so he hasn’t met Scarlet Witch yet which is why he doesn’t know who she is.

Doctor Strange is occupied with holding back a flood so it’s believable why he does not get involved in fighting Thanos, and if he did fight armor Thanos with the Double Edge sword most likely he would have demolished Thanos since he can also use his magical powers for long range attacks including magical energy blasts, and with a fierce arsenal he has multiple ways of defeating Thanos even without moving him to another location after opening a portal.

Doctor Strange holding back a flood also amazed me.
Doctor Strange doesn’t tell Iron Man if they win because if he does it won’t happen. Highly logical why Iron Man has this knowledge about Doctor Strange seeing the 1 scenario that the Avengers win because Iron Man does use the Infinity Gauntlet to erase Thanos which is why The Avengers win.

Spider Man has a good showing of moving the Infinity Gauntlet, along with Black Panther including using the energy explosion when surrounded by the outriders.

Thanos was able to use his double edge sword to break Captain America’s shield after repeated strikes. While not unbelievable that did amaze me since not expected.
Also that double edge sword is powerful enough to withstand blows from the Storm Breaker axe, and Thor’s hammer. This is also impressive and amazing.

Thanos from the past hates the Avengers so much since he discovers their objective to alter the damage that he created which is why he talks about his intention to murder all persons and recreate the universe.
While this is extremely messy Thanos does outright say, 0 persons would have the knowledge to talk about Thanos’s nefarious deed since Captain America and others would be dead if he succeeded.

This incredible victory has a great price because Iron Man a human died after using the Infinity Stones to erase Thanos, also Black Widow is dead and she can’t be resurrected since the price of acquiring the soul stone is a person has to kill some other person that he or she loves.

An incredible scene that is Iron Man’s funeral shown is Nick Fury, Peter Parker, Thor, other Avengers and other good characters that know Tony Stark aka Iron Man.

A old Steve Rogers after time traveling gives the shield to Falcon to become the new Captain America.
Since the general public knows Bucky has a awful past with blood on his hands even with persons know how he was brainwashed the general public would not accept this man with that blood on his hands as the new Captain America.
From what we know Falcon doesn’t have an awful past with blood on his hands, so it’s highly believable and utterly logical that Steve gives the shield to Falcon to become the new Captain America.

It is hilarious the whole Back to the Future and other time travel movies being talked about and how those movies are bullcrap for how to successfully time travel.

A believable reason for why a human can’t use survive using the Infinity Stones and this does get shown. In a movie show don’t tell.

Reactions: mrmax86

VN Store

Back