Avengers Endgame ****SPOILER THREAD****

Was announced this will be on Disney+ in December.

Not sure how long it will be on home video before that. Definitely quicker than the Netflix turnaround was.

Watched it again. Still awesome.

Observation.... Big risk by cap at the end. What if he didn't live that long in his "new" life? Lol.

Not sure how long it will be on home video before that. Definitely quicker than the Netflix turnaround was.

I suspect it will hit 4K and Blu-ray around the end of June, first of July to coincide with the release of Spider-Man: Far from Home.

A lot of the time travel questions in this thread were answered by Hulk. Going back in time doesn’t changed the past bc your current self is in the present and your future self can’t change your past self.

Also, Pepper flying around as an iron woman was silly. She’s not a super hero. Only part of the movie I absolutely couldn’t stand. And of course the girl power scene. Whoop-di-doo ladies. That stuff is so forced. Such an eye roll I don’t get how that makes it past editors.

A lot of the time travel questions in this thread were answered by Hulk. Going back in time doesn’t changed the past bc your current self is in the present and your future self can’t change your past self.

Also, Pepper flying around as an iron woman was silly. She’s not a super hero. Only part of the movie I absolutely couldn’t stand. And of course the girl power scene. Whoop-di-doo ladies. That stuff is so forced. Such an eye roll I don’t get how that makes it past editors.
Rescue Armor Model 1

There is comic book precedent for Pepper wearing a very similar suit, not to mention she used one of Tony's suits in Iron Man 3.

As for the girl power scene, I also thought it was forced but Im also not a young girl watching the movie so it's not exactly for me anyway. I think you (and everyone else that has been watching movies the last few years) know exactly how it makes it past editors though.

Rescue Armor Model 1

There is comic book precedent for Pepper wearing a very similar suit, not to mention she used one of Tony's suits in Iron Man 3.

As for the girl power scene, I also thought it was forced but Im also not a young girl watching the movie so it's not exactly for me anyway. I think you (and everyone else that has been watching movies the last few years) know exactly how it makes it past editors though.
I know Pepper used the suit before. She still had no point in being there except to see Tony die. She seemed totally out of place next to everyone else.

Girl power scene was dumb. Is dumb. Will continue to be dumb. Two dude writers giving girls a moment. I mean, the irony.

I know Pepper used the suit before. She still had no point in being there except to see Tony die. She seemed totally out of place next to everyone else.

Girl power scene was dumb. Is dumb. Will continue to be dumb. Two dude writers giving girls a moment. I mean, the irony.
That moment actually took me out of that scene a little bit. I was like "Surely they aren't going to show ALL of the fem...oh, I guess they are" lol

Why was it so dumb? Is my best friend's daughter dumb for absolutely loving that scene? Why aren't you complaining about the scenes where is just the Male heroes? Seems kind of odd to get bothered over the female heroes teaming up for a scene that lasted like a minute in a 3 hour movie.

Why was it so dumb? Is my best friend's daughter dumb for absolutely loving that scene? Why aren't you complaining about the scenes where is just the Male heroes? Seems kind of odd to get bothered over the female heroes teaming up for a scene that lasted like a minute in a 3 hour movie.
I must’ve missed the part where they shoved literally every male superhero in the MCU into a single camera shot to make an obvious point about masculinity. Doesn’t that sound dumb? Yeah. And the female equivalent is dumb too.

I didn’t say it ruined the movie for me so don’t get your jimmies all rustled. Bunch of men have died, and women take over power positions in GoT and you won’t hear me say anything about it bc It’s not about what is said but how. Steve Jobs was a better presenter than Elon Musk will ever be. Songwriters all write about the same things but they don’t all hit the top of the charts. The scene was forced, took me out of the moment, and is thereby a dumb scene to me.

I thought Bucky saying, “I thought you took all the stupid with you?” Or whatever to Cap was incredibly dumb too. That scene was between two male characters. Some people probably found that very funny. Dumbbbb imo. Are you okay with that?

I must’ve missed the part where they shoved literally every male superhero in the MCU into a single camera shot to make an obvious point about masculinity. Doesn’t that sound dumb? Yeah. And the female equivalent is dumb too.

I didn’t say it ruined the movie for me so don’t get your jimmies all rustled. Bunch of men have died, and women take over power positions in GoT and you won’t hear me say anything about it bc It’s not about what is said but how. Steve Jobs was a better presenter than Elon Musk will ever be. Songwriters all write about the same things but they don’t all hit the top of the charts. The scene was forced, took me out of the moment, and is thereby a dumb scene to me.

I thought Bucky saying, “I thought you took all the stupid with you?” Or whatever to Cap was incredibly dumb too. That scene was between two male characters. Some people probably found that very funny. Dumbbbb imo. Are you okay with that?

Bucky’s line to Cap was a call back to the First Avenger when scrawny Steve said it to Bucky as Bucky was leaving for the war.

As for the Fem Force roll call, I thought it was hokey because they magically pulled all the female characters form across this massive battlefield together for one camera shot. It didn’t really serve the story. They were already showing the ladies kicking ass all across the battlefield. It was unnecessary.

Bucky’s line to Cap was a call back to the First Avenger when scrawny Steve said it to Bucky as Bucky was leaving for the war.

As for the Fem Force roll call, I thought it was hokey because they magically pulled all the female characters form across this massive battlefield together for one camera shot. It didn’t really serve the story. They were already showing the ladies kicking ass all across the battlefield. It was unnecessary.
I think maybe that was my issue with it as well, physically it just made no sense for them to all be right there in a group all of a sudden.

The one that bugged me was Mantis. I think I even said "what's Mantis going to do here" out loud in the theater. They met the "Fem Force" objective much better/subtly in IW.

Reactions: BenGrimm

I posted this in the Captain Marvel thread but someone on Reddit posted they saw a preorder on the PlayStation Store that said it would be on VOD on July 30. Infinity War was released on VOD on July 31, so that makes sense.

In that case I think it’s going to do it.

On BoxOfficeMojo, it's saying even with Detective Pikachu coming out that they are expecting Endgame to end up #1 at the domestic box office and to probably pass $700 million domestically. I would say it's probably pretty close to a given it will end up #1 worldwide all time. I don't think it will pass The Force Awakens' domestic record of $937 million though, that's a pretty tall mountain to climb and I think it's slowing down too much to pass it.

Looks like you need to watch the first CA again.

I didn't find the "Fem Force" thing that bad. Sure it was a bit of pandering/fan service but basically the whole battle was when you get down to it. To me the dumbest part was Captain Marvel didn't need any of them considering after a minute she just took off and blasted through all of them. I even thought CM had a look on her face like "oh isnt' that cute, they think they're helping me".

Granted CM herself was a problem because as presented she could have wiped out all the bad guys herself, but that would have been incredibly boring and they weren't going to crap on the entire MCU after an 11 year build up because Captain Overpowered showed up. I said in the CM thread I have little knowledge of her but I really hope they come up with some weaknesses for her to make her more normalized. Overpowered superheroes are about as boring at it gets (I'm looking at you Superman).

Not really. The entire point of the scene was it was a call to arms for everyone to show up to help fight. I mean there was no point in Howard the Duck being there either but he was. I find it a bit humorous you're so outraged about it considering we've already seen her battle in IM3 and this is about 10 years later in the MCU timeline. It's not outrageous at all to think Tony created suits specifically for her and that she has experience using it by now.

Not really. The entire point of the scene was it was a call to arms for everyone to show up to help fight. I mean there was no point in Howard the Duck being there either but he was. I find it a bit humorous you're so outraged about it considering we've already seen her battle in IM3 and this is about 10 years later in the MCU timeline. It's not outrageous at all to think Tony created suits specifically for her and that she has experience using it by now.
I must not have paid attention, but I dont remember seeing Howard the Duck in the movie.

Saw it last night. First hour was not good. Once the golden circles showed up it got a lot better. Ended well too so if it had been about 45 minutes shorter it would have been great. Infinity War is superior in every way.

Don't you have a RomCom to discuss?

I was waiting for you to start the bracket.

Speaking of brackets, I was catching up on a thread in the recruiting forum I haven't read in a few weeks and somebody was in that thread crying about the Superhero bracket ruining the Movie thread. It was back in April, but they were mad.

VN Store

Back