Automobilia etc....

Not sure if this the correct thread, but thought I'd throw this in here.

I'm about to hit the new car market, or new to me at least. Looking to spend about $25k, definitely no more than $30k on a 4 door sedan with decent performance (i.e. not boring to drive). Open to new or certified pre-owned. Suggestions?

Honda Civic Si sedan w/ navi is under $25k

Mazda 6 touring or Mazda 3s grand Touring.

Failing that fiesta st. Vw gti.

Make sure it's the new body style Mazda 6 or 3, which start with the 2014 model year.

I wish I could recommend the Altima, but now that Nissan is saddling most of it's cars with soul-crushing CVT's and no way to option out of them, I can't.

I don't think most people realize that Mazda and Ford have gone their separate ways and are still wary of Mazdas being full of Ford parts.

Ah. The ford/mazda era had positives to it. It allowed mazda funds to take on cool projects like the rx-8, the speed 3/6.

Ah. The ford/mazda era had positives to it. It allowed mazda funds to take on cool projects like the rx-8, the speed 3/6.

My uncle had a 99 b3000. ...basically a ranger.

He did his best to beat the hell out of that truck.

It took 8 hard years and a collision with a dump truck to put it down.

New Miata gets revealed today.

BwpocTLIYAI3s-L.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GQxXT0BpB4[/youtube]

...and it's street legal.

:worship:

Not bad looking. The new Alfa Romeo that will share the drivetrain with the new Miata will look a lot better, but it will cost a lot more as well.

Not bad looking. The new Alfa Romeo that will share the drivetrain with the new Miata will look a lot better, but it will cost a lot more as well.

The 4c is a nice looking car, but I'm not a fan of the bird beak hood Alfa is using.

Seeking car related opinion, which to go with:

a) 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic and 2013 Porsche 991S, or
b) 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic and 2005 Ferrari F430, or
c) 2013 BMW M5 and 2008/9 Chevy Z06

Not in a poster on the bedroom wall way, in an actual ownership/depreciation, nervous owner way. I have one of the above combos but I'm thinking about making a change.

20k miles driven annually with several track days. 2 kids and a great wife.

I'd go with C

And can I get $10? :)

I'm dumping the dodge, ASAP.

Same here.

Thanks for the responses, currently I'm rolling with b) although I'm getting ready to sell the F430.

Funny enough, these are the same responses I'm getting from my buddies... the only thing that holds me back from replacing the challenger with something more, ahem, sophisticated, is that going on the down low is better, business-wise (employee and client impressions... and we do State of Texas work).

Perhaps my concerns are overstated.

VN Store

Back