Automobilia etc....

Thanks for the responses, currently I'm rolling with b) although I'm getting ready to sell the F430.

Funny enough, these are the same responses I'm getting from my buddies... the only thing that holds me back from replacing the challenger with something more, ahem, sophisticated, is that going on the down low is better, business-wise (employee and client impressions... and we do State of Texas work).

Perhaps my concerns are overstated.

...hmmm. sophisticated, 'murican and yet fast as balls.

It sounds like you want a Caddy CTS-V.

Reactions: 2 people

A great option but I don't love the styling... and I've had several LS series motors... like the idea of something different (Z06 aside). I've also considered the Mercedes E63 but I don't love the way they look either... and ironically now they are a better driving car than the M5.

Nice, I had the previous series CTS-V. I enjoyed the hell out of, can't imagine how much better the 150+ horses and magnetic ride control help out that monster.

A great option but I don't love the styling... and I've had several LS series motors... like the idea of something different (Z06 aside). I've also considered the Mercedes E63 but I don't love the way they look either... and ironically now they are a better driving car than the M5.

I feel ya on the styling front. ....Hopefully the new one will be a bit more of a looker. Unfortunately GM is the only American maker interested in fast, pretty and somewhat sophisticated.

The Chevy SS is another option although it's a little bland on the outside...

Ford; as much as I love the brand, has neglected those of us who still like RWD, short of the Mustang.

All they would have to do to get me to buy a Taurus is drop a coyote in it. And I imagine I'm not the only one.

....and as previously stated, who the hell knows what Dodge/Ram/Fiat is doing anymore.

Thanks for the responses, currently I'm rolling with b) although I'm getting ready to sell the F430.

Funny enough, these are the same responses I'm getting from my buddies... the only thing that holds me back from replacing the challenger with something more, ahem, sophisticated, is that going on the down low is better, business-wise (employee and client impressions... and we do State of Texas work).

Perhaps my concerns are overstated.

Audi RS6

Get a Mustang if you're willing to drive a Challenger. Or a Camaro.

Ford > Chevy > Dodge

I feel ya on the styling front. ....Hopefully the new one will be a bit more of a looker. Unfortunately GM is the only American maker interested in fast, pretty and somewhat sophisticated.

The Chevy SS is another option although it's a little bland on the outside...

Ford; as much as I love the brand, has neglected those of us who still like RWD, short of the Mustang.

All they would have to do to get me to buy a Taurus is drop a coyote in it. And I imagine I'm not the only one.

....and as previously stated, who the hell knows what Dodge/Ram/Fiat is doing anymore.

Charger Hellcat is intriguing for a 4-door... Dodge is actually putting out some pretty good stuff right now. The new Challenger underpinnings and interior and a huge step up from my 2010. And you can get the 392 in the R/T now for $40k.

Ford needs to build an SHO based on the late 80s version... but with RWD this time. I agree that the Coyote in one would be sweet. I had a 2012 Mustang GT bremo 3.73 car with the Coyote, pretty sweet car (and my only mustang).

While I like the CTSVs there just isn't any emotion there for me... and all my car purchases are emotional.

Get a Mustang if you're willing to drive a Challenger. Or a Camaro.

Ford > Chevy > Dodge

Had a 2012 Mustang 5.0 with 3.73 and brembo package. Great car, wouldn't have let it go except I upgraded to the Ferrari lol.

I've actually thought about getting that car again just for track use.

Definitely more fun to drive than the Challenger, but not nearly as good looking.

The resemblance is uncanny:

ccvmnqiexggeylfz55dm.jpg

zjmymrqhfmdojk4tjqgm.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Like the rear, but the grille and front headlights of all of Lincoln's new line of cars drive me nuts...

True. The MKZ is basically a Ford Fusion. Combine the nose of the Fusion with the rear of the MKZ.

Then make it a 2-door coupe.

VN Store

Back