Automobilia etc....

I test drove a Dart, but it was an SE with the 2.0, not many to choose from considering a manual. I loved driving it, seemed pretty peppy, if I get one it's gonna be the 2.4L SXT with the Rallye package.

I test drove a Dart, but it was an SE with the 2.0, not many to choose from considering a manual. I loved driving it, seemed pretty peppy, if I get one it's gonna be the 2.4L SXT with the Rallye package.

To put the sillyness aside, the Focus ST is a beast. I recommend taking one for a spin.

I'm leaning towards the Dart because I have a dodge ram 4x4 that I've never had a lick of trouble out of. With that being said I do realize the trucks seem to be better built than the small economy cars

I'm leaning towards the Dart because I have a dodge ram 4x4 that I've never had a lick of trouble out of. With that being said I do realize the trucks seem to be better built than the small economy cars

I am a bigger fan of Dodge trucks than I am their cars. I would have considered a Dodge if it weren't for the gas mileage.

I'm in the market for a new car, narrowed it down to either a Focus or Dart, manual transmission is a must.

Which one do you guys think would be the best choice?

No Mazda Nerd :)

The dart is cheap for a reason. Also look at fiat's quality, they make many of the available engines in the dart. I don't know why a mazda isn't being considered, but I would take the ford all day over the dodge.

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a new car, narrowed it down to either a Focus or Dart, manual transmission is a must.

Which one do you guys think would be the best choice?

No Mazda Nerd :)

If you're buying new you'd have to be insane to buy an American car, especially the two you mentioned. They are cheaply made and will be worth less than half of what you paid for it in a few years. If you're buying new, you can't go wrong with Honda or Toyota. Both hold their value much better than any Ford or Dodge junk.

The dart is cheap for a reason. Also look at fiat's quality, they make many of the available engines in the dart. I don't know why a mazda isn't being considered, but I would take the ford all day over the dodge.

The Dart doesn't seem cheap, very nice interior, and quiet cruising down the highway. The focus I test drove seemed a lot noiser.

I've had a Mazda 6, transmission trouble @ 40,000 miles, maybe I just got a lemon.

The Dart doesn't seem cheap, very nice interior, and quiet cruising down the highway. The focus I test drove seemed a lot noiser.

I've had a Mazda 6, transmission trouble @ 40,000 miles, maybe I just got a lemon.

I am willing to bet you got a lemon. Also, that transmission should have been covered by the factory power-train warranty. I personally recommend you give the mazda 3 a look. If you live near knoxville I will go on a test drive with you in one of my Mazda 3's. I can tell that a person such as yourself enjoys a good drive, and is the sort of person Mazda caters to.

You owe it to yourself to at least sit in the best vehicle in the segment, don't you?

The dodge dart I drove felt worn out and saggy when it was brand new. Car And Driver puts the Dart at 24th in the segment. The Ford is well ahead, and a certain manufacturer is number 1.

I've never had much luck with Chrysler products.

Last edited:
Warno Nerd... I'm not going to give any time to your defense of this, but the 3 ranks way down on my list in this category simply because the current design is hideous.

Warno Nerd... I'm not going to give any time to your defense of this, but the 3 ranks way down on my list in this category simply because the current design is hideous.

What's "warno" mean?

If you don't like the looks, then you don't like the looks. Odd thought as it is styled in the traditional fashion of sports cars of years gone by.

To each there own though. There are folks who think that Kate upton, Jessica alba, Anjelina Jolie and Halle berry are unattractive.

Last edited:
What's "warno" mean?

If you don't like the looks, then you don't like the looks. Odd thought as it is styled in the traditional fashion of sports cars of years gone by.

To each there own though. There are folks who think that Kate upton, Jessica alba, Anjelina Jolie and Halle berry are unattractive.

These people do the work of Satan, imo.

the new Mazda 6 has nothing to do with the old one. they're superb cars without a trace of Ford in them anywhere

VN Store

Back