AU to fire Malzahn

He doesn’t beat Alabama enough, even though it seems like no one does except Malzahn...only not enough.

No...that's what saved him for this long.

It's Auburn losing games they shouldn't.
(UT 2018) for example.
They lose 1-2 games every year they shouldn't lose. Or they get too much preseason hype and then go 8-4 with a loss to Kentucky haha. Obviously lack of QB development is a big problem too.

Reactions: tnutater
Because of the backing of Thornton and a couple of others, Fulmer has the most power of any AD since Dickey.
I would guess that ADPF has the support of a majority of the big donors.
The who and how much is kept secret unless they want the publicity.
Phillip is a good boy and does what he is told.

I would guess that ADPF has the support of a majority of the big donors.
The who and how much is kept secret unless they want the publicity.
Phillip is a good boy and does what he is told.

Thorton thinks very highly of Phil and basically would back any coach Phil wanted. Phil picked Tucker, Steele and Pruitt to interview and chose Pruitt. Other big boosters tied to Schiano were edged out for the hire because of that whole fiasco.

Last edited:
Reactions: tnutater
No...that's what saved him for this long.

It's Auburn losing games they shouldn't.
(UT 2018) for example.
They lose 1-2 games every year they shouldn't lose. Or they get too much preseason hype and then go 8-4 with a loss to Kentucky haha. Obviously lack of QB development is a big problem too.
Lose a couple every year that he should not.
Lose to Kentucky
Lack of QB development
No thanks, we got one of those already under contract.

Would you take him this year if he's fired by Auburn, they hire Freeze, and y'all fire Pruitt?...I know he's an upgrade over Pruitt, maybe a significant upgrade, but the optics that Tennessee is getting Auburn's leftovers would bother me somewhat as a fan.
I think this is just the reality of our programs being in different places. We took Texas's leftovers a few years ago in basketball when that program was down and it has worked out very well. 67-35 at Auburn with 2 wins over Saban? Yeah, I could live with that, especially if he brings along Kevin Steele as DC.

Thorton thinks very highly of Phil and basically would back any coach Phil wanted. Phil picked Tucker, Steele and Pruitt to interview and chose Pruitt. Other big boosters tied to Schiano were edged out for the hire because of that whole fiasco.
Proof positive that your program is doomed when your HC choices consist of Schiano, Pruitt, Tucker and Steele.

Tom Allen is on my short list. Proven HC in a P5 conference with a school not known for being a football school.

I have never been impressed with Malzhan or Freeze. And both schools have major rumors of cheating and paying players under each HC.

Flame away, but just my opinion.
1. This conference is an offensive minded conference now.
2. Allen is too soft and would be chewed up and spit out alive here

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Sounds like this is getting some steam. Trying get in on the Freeze sweepstakes. Negotiating a 10 year settlement to pay Gus his remaining 21 million.

The Barn is an ideal fit for Freeze. He can move into the Pat Dye Cabin and deal from there.

I'd take Gus. He understands how to win as a mid tier SEC Team, which is honestly maybe overstating where we are. I think he sets up his teams to make a run about once per 4 years which I'll take. Its a roller coaster but at least it goes up sometimes.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
No problem, I will go slow so you can keep up.
You are posting on a message board.
"WE" would be considered anyone who reads your posts.
You're telling me that you are presuming to speak for everyone who follows this message board?

VN Store

Back