AU to fire Malzahn

If Tom doesn't learn to cheat, smartly, he won't make it in the SEC. If you are good enough, players get paid at all levels of college football. Amounts may differ and methods of delivering the "payment". However, Bama is at a different level. They remind me of a pro-team.
You are correct. The SEC and NCAA both enable cheating in college athletics. They control who wins and who loses.

Reactions: tnutater
College football has turned into the same trash as the NFL, NBA etc...a bunch of narristic, self centered, individuals, the fan base is barely better, we got what we wanted with the past 3 coaches and the fans turn on them on a dime, and don't give a damn who pays for it as long as it's not their money....great school spirit....awesome, really impressive.....pathetic.
Delusional if you think this fan base wanted Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt. We were told to swallow or else.

Reactions: Memphisvol87
Would you take him this year if he's fired by Auburn, they hire Freeze, and y'all fire Pruitt?...I know he's an upgrade over Pruitt, maybe a significant upgrade, but the optics that Tennessee is getting Auburn's leftovers would bother me somewhat as a fan.
Wouldn’t bother me a bit. Maybe they make a dumb move. Just like Texas firing Barnes.

Would you take him this year if he's fired by Auburn, they hire Freeze, and y'all fire Pruitt?...I know he's an upgrade over Pruitt, maybe a significant upgrade, but the optics that Tennessee is getting Auburn's leftovers would bother me somewhat as a fan.
Not in the least. He's a proven winner, and has been in a difficult love/hate relationship with AU boosters for years now. He needs a change of scenery, and the East TN mountains are lovely. If we don't get Freeze, bring on Gus. I would be ecstatic.

At this point I wouldn't mind at all. Gus is a great coach. I want Freeze but Gus would be a close second. I think he'd get us competing for the East again for sure.

I don't know who the hell "we" is, but it's pretty easy to guess your intelligence.
No problem, I will go slow so you can keep up.
You are posting on a message board.
"WE" would be considered anyone who reads your posts.

Gus has had 9 straight winning seasons as a head coach. We’ve had 5 losing seasons in that span. And he’s beaten Saban three times. Our last 5 coaches have beaten Saban once in their career, and that was when he was coaching LSU. Gus would be an upgrade. Start there.
Exactly, I'd be more than content with Gus. He's a really good coach and a damn good recruiter too.

Auburn is much better than UT at hiring coaches.
No way they would hire Freeze or even consider him as a coach.
South Carolina is going to hire a better coach than Freeze.
No big team will hire Freeze. This is insane talk probably started by an agent. Vol fanatics always bite the leadhead thrown in front of them.
I thought we saved this level of lunacy for Grumors.
It will begin, SOON.
S.C. hired a Pruitt type candidate in Beamer with No HC experience. Just as risky as what we did 3 years ago.

Reactions: Volnut
Better than the Alabama crap we keep hiring

Delusional if you think this fan base wanted Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt. We were told to swallow or else.

Spot on, much of our fanbase had to google all three, me included. I had no idea who these guys were, much less wanted them.

You are correct. The SEC and NCAA both enable cheating in college athletics. They control who wins and who loses.
Every rule or law ever written is subject to different enforcement levels.
Nobody messes with the cash cows.

Get ready for Randy Sanders to be hired as UT's next head coach after Fulmer finally fires Pruitt after the 2023 season.
Hahaha. Is Phil gonna override Randy’s play calls from his luxury suite too? It will be just like 2002.

S.C. hired a Pruitt type candidate in Beamer with No HC experience. Just as risky as what we did 3 years ago.
Probably more risky. 3-4 years and he will be gone also.
Just like Hugh Freeze will be wherever he lands.
In today's market not many head coaches in a P5 conference hold their position very long.
Those that do are the elite coaches. They are hard to lure away. They tend to dance with the boy who brung em. To acquire one costs more money than UT will ever spend.

Reactions: escapegoat2
I really don’t think Gus is that special.

If we strike out on all our top choices then maybe.

Again, Fulmer does not decide who is the head coach. He is just a mouth piece and sacrificial target for ridicule from the peanut seat fans.

Because of the backing of Thornton and a couple of others, Fulmer has the most power of any AD since Dickey.

VN Store

Back