AU to fire Malzahn

Undercs

Sounds like this is getting some steam. Trying get in on the Freeze sweepstakes. Negotiating a 10 year settlement to pay Gus his remaining 21 million.

Reactions: LittleVol
There was a guy in Tennessee media (don't remember who) who said that they should not fire Pruitt because this year the crop of coaching candidates is not good.

And I completely disagree with that. There are about 5 coaches out there off the top of my head who would be good hires.

Even if you struck out on Freeze, there are others.

There was a guy in Tennessee media (don't remember who) who said that they should not fire Pruitt because this year the crop of coaching candidates is not good.

And I completely disagree with that. There are about 5 coaches out there off the top of my head who would be good hires.

Even if you struck out on Freeze, there are others.
If UT offered Freeze he’d likely walk here. But that’s not UT’s way of doing things. We have to pick a coach from the bargain bin.

This defines as much about our position in the SEC as anything. IF Auburn fires Gus, they will have fired a coach that is almost infinitely better at executing the HC duties - all of the details that make it work and enough sauce to win some big games every year.

While we gave inexplicable extensions... and now sit on our cash-strapped hands while the SEC in its entirety elevates further up and away from us.

He doesn’t beat Alabama enough, even though it seems like no one does except Malzahn...only not enough.

Auburn is the case, IMO, of the spoiled fan base. I can't imagine someone doing more at Auburn than what he has while Saban is at Alabama.

While he loses his share, he wins his share as well (the exception is Georgia. they really have had a hard time with Georgia)

VN Store

Back