Atlanta Braves Thread (Tim Hudson Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you're bringing him up right.

Honestly I don't think I had that much to do with it; he's brave enough to try a whole lot of different foods and open-minded enough to enjoy a lot of it. I didn't do anything differently with his sister, and it's a nightmare to get her to eat anything but the most boring kid food there is (mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, blah blah blah). But the boy's a joy to eat with.

Finally got around to watching this. Outstanding. Except for the raspberry glaze on the ribs, of course, which is an even bigger abomination than calling a cow barbecue.

My boy's birthday was Friday. Given the option of eating any dish for dinner to celebrate, his choice was for me to cook him up a slab of ribs. "No sides, just more ribs." I was so proud.

I don't know about raspberry, but 12 Bones up here in Asheville has a Blueberry Chipotle sauce that is to die for.

I've made a few different kinds of Blueberry BBQ sauces before and they were amazing. I think it was for tenderloins and chops but no reason it wouldn't work just as well for ribs or pulled.

Reading through the Derrick Brown thread made me want to stick my head in a tub full of bleach. I'm out on recruiting till Wednesday.

I failed; it's a slow Monday so I've been reading about recruiting in spite of myself.

Byrd is much stronger than a 50/50 chance

I think people are underestimating the heavy pressure Byrd's going to be under to stay in Miami. If it doesn't leak out today that he's flipping then I'll be surprised if it happens.

I failed; it's a slow Monday so I've been reading about recruiting in spite of myself.

I think people are underestimating the heavy pressure Byrd's going to be under to stay in Miami. If it doesn't leak out today that he's flipping then I'll be surprised if it happens.
I mean, maybe, but VQ never gives an update on a kid like that unless he committed over the weekend. That's just what I'm basing it off of

Maybe it's because I only follow recruiting at the last minute, but this just feels like a storyline we see all the time. We turn a kid's head late in the process, he wavers....but then he goes home and there's just too much pressure to stick with the other school.

Maybe I'm just negative because all the congratulatory circle-jerking in the RF makes me recoil and think the opposite. But nothing I've read makes me all that optimistic about any of those guys, except maybe Warrior.

No, you're right, we've been burned far too many times to ever consider anyone a lock. Just basing off how VQ usually comments is why I'm optimistic. We had momentum going into the visit and he rated the visit a 10/10. Then, VQ says look for something to happen in the next 48 hrs. You may be right and I'm not getting my hopes up, but simply based off that I think Vol. You're right though, should never underestimate that hometown pressure. I think it really helps that CFA lives with him to Georgia alleviate some of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back