Argue all you want

The key is balance. Every elite team has balance.
Forget elite, we are far from that. How about winning some games and keeping the losses respectable. Build a fun, high scoring team, reel in some playmakers, win 10, then talk about another step. We haven’t won or even been fun to watch since, when? Too long.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Forget elite, we are far from that. How about winning some games and keeping the losses respectable. Build a fun, high scoring team, reel in some playmakers, win 10, then talk about another step. We haven’t won or even been fun to watch since, when? Too long.

The last few coaches search have been an eye opener. The head coach of Tennessee isn't a highly sought after position. There have been numerous blunders to set the program back. While I hoped for better, we have Heupel moving forward. I think his offensive approach will be more exciting to watch. Just hope he hires the right guys on defense. Do I think he's gonna put us in the SEC Championship or National Title? No

Coaching at Tennessee will open a lot of doors for Heupel that he couldn't get through at UCF. The prestige of an SEC opportunity attracts a different level of athlete by default. If he is successful recruiting will be fine. All three of the hairless chimps that previously ran the program were able to consistently recruit to the mid-pack of the SEC. While that won't get us back to beating Bama, it will allow us to compete with anybody. Add some development and scheme to the mixture, and a high scoring offense can put you back in the hunt for the East very quickly. That is when the real gains in recruiting will come.

Short version...recruiting is ultimately very important, we all know that. Right now however, facing sanctions and in disarray, being able to do more with less...to actually coach, is what this program needs.

about Hoople's recruiting prowess. If he can put up the same kind of points as he has in the past, stud WRs and QBs are going to come here in droves. Today.s game is made for high flying offenses. The key is getting a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.
Yep, defense is going to be the key to this coaches success

about High Pull's recruiting prowess. If he can put up the same kind of points as he has in the past, stud WRs and QBs are going to come here in droves. Today.s game is made for high flying offenses. The key is getting a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.

corrected for you.

Kiffin is TEN times the offensive genius of Heupel (and I have to spell his name correctly? I will never get used to that.).
Heupel is actually the better of the Offensive mind, go back and watch each time they’ve played each other. Not did he just get the wins, but his O outperformed Kiffin.

You‘d be surprised.....for some quality recruits, the lure of immediate playing time in the SEC will be enough to sign with us. Not every kid wants to wait until they’re juniors to play for more stable programs
Add on the fact that they get to play in an offense like we will have and its very attractive.

VN Store

Back