Argue all you want

about Hoople's recruiting prowess. If he can put up the same kind of points as he has in the past, stud WRs and QBs are going to come here in droves. Today.s game is made for high flying offenses. The key is getting a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.

Amen!

Tip your waitress!

about Hoople's recruiting prowess. If he can put up the same kind of points as he has in the past, stud WRs and QBs are going to come here in droves. Today.s game is made for high flying offenses. The key is getting a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.
The key is balance. Every elite team has balance.

Or that makes critical stops.
Yes your'e spot on

Reactions: mickey1969
If you learn to spell it once, you'll know how to spell it forever. Be respectful, be a teammate. It's Heupel.

Last edited:
Most importantly, we can recruit to a system. It’s not essential to have 5* players to succeed in this offense.

True very true!

giphy (32).gif

He was at a school that gets leftovers just like Cinn and Memphis and Tulsa Houston. It is a league you really have to coach because you do not get the top 300 players. So when you have 10 opt outs before the season you are well into the roster. Now he is at Tennessee were we always sign plenty of top 300 players. No we have not been in top 5 in recruiting in a while but always top 15 maybe 20 spot. So relax the talent will come over time plenty of it . In CHRIST Alone.

If I was a high recruiting prospect for the upcoming year, the # 1 thing on my list would be to play for a team that's under significant sanctions.

You‘d be surprised.....for some quality recruits, the lure of immediate playing time in the SEC will be enough to sign with us. Not every kid wants to wait until they’re juniors to play for more stable programs

Think what he should be able to do with the recruiting budget he'll have. Going after and getting the top talent in the country and selling them on what he is going to bring to the Hill is a real possibility. I have heard so many say we need this coach or that coach because they can recruit in the South....we need coaches that have connections that can recruit the whole country and go after and get the best no matter where they are. Wide open high scoring offenses attract the best of everything on that side of the ball. The defense has got to be shored up and he has got to get the best DC out there. That means the best not just someone that has been in the SEC, we need the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol Main
Last year they faced I think 3 in the top 25 in total defense, #10 BYU #13 Cincy, and #19 Tulsa. We faced 2 in the top 50 #12 Georgia and #32 Alabama. Now that may be comparing apples and oranges but that is the way they were last ranked.

This is SEC football we are talking about,not the AAC. If you don’t have the talent,your not going to put up any points.

Reactions: cgrish
Think what he should be able to do with the recruiting budget he'll have. Going after and getting the top talent in the country and selling them on what he is going to bring to the Hill is a real possibility. I have heard so many say we need this coach or that coach because they can recruit in the South....we need coaches that have connection that can recruit the whole country and go after and get the best no matter where they are. Wide open high scoring offenses attract the best of everything on that side of the ball. The defense has got to be shored up and he has got to get the best DC out there. That means the best not just someone that has been in the SEC, we need the best.

Recruiting is one of the most important, if not the most important, consideration in a team's success. Second, and nearly as important, is improving the skills of each recruit, day by day

Recruiting is one of the most important, if not the most important, consideration in a team's success. Second, and nearly as important, is improving the skills of each recruit, day by day
I agree 100%. !!!! I think if nothing else we have learned that fact from the last regime. It doesn't matter how many stars you had in high school if you aren't developed everyday your just going to be somebody else wearing a uniform and a number.

He was at a school that gets leftovers just like Cinn and Memphis and Tulsa Houston. It is a league you really have to coach because you do not get the top 300 players. So when you have 10 opt outs before the season you are well into the roster. Now he is at Tennessee were we always sign plenty of top 300 players. No we have not been in top 5 in recruiting in a while but always top 15 maybe 20 spot. So relax the talent will come over time plenty of it . In CHRIST Alone.

The devil is always in the details...

Regular season wins against teams with > .500 record
2018: 4 (12)
2019: 4 (10)
2020: 1 (6)

A Mazda Miata looks fast next to a Toyota Corolla.

We'll see what he can do with some upgraded talent against upgraded competition in the SEC.

Not saying he can't, there's just too many unknowns right now.
I agree with you, I think his offense will work if he can get the OL to look like they have some idea of what they are doing. We have the talent at RB, WR and maybe TE to do what he wants I think, it should be fun to watch. Defense is where we are going to hurt. We are way to weak on the DL and LB. I am by no means a coach but I have a good idea of what they SHOULD be doing and I never saw them come close to that. LOL

VN Store

Back