are fans pulling against UT so Holly is fired?

Last edited:
It's a fact...most people will not spend money at bad restaurants....to watch bad movies....or to watch bad sporting events. The fact that the Lady Vols lose money will be exasperated by less seats in the stands. In other words, the fans that show up pay, therefore reducing the amount of lost money it takes to run the program. It's still a revenue problem if Holly stays against the fans wishes. I hope it gets resolved for WBB's sake.

Reactions: T.J. and sport3500
I would never want to pull for any Vol team to lose. I want the administration to be SMART ENOUGH to see the writing on the wall and KNOW HOLLY NEEDS TO BE GONE, PERIOD!!! Even, if UT makes a run in the SEC Tourney and wins a few games in the NCAA Tournament, she is a cancer to the program and will not get it done!!! PLEASE FIRE HER!!!!!

We all know if that happens she’s gets a bump in $ and years. The last thing we need is Fulmer to be like Ham and give rewards for mediocrity

Reactions: TJSVOLS
It's a fact...most people will not spend money at bad restaurants....to watch bad movies....or to watch bad sporting events. The fact that the Lady Vols lose money will be exasperated by less seats in the stands. In other words, the fans that show up pay, therefore reducing the amount of lost money it takes to run the program. It's still a revenue problem if Holly stays against the fans wishes. I hope it gets resolved for WBB's sake.
Exasperated or Exacerbated ?
I think you meant the latter.

Reactions: bobkitten
My blogs and replies to others shows, I am not a supporter of Holly. The sooner she is no longer the head of this program the happier I will be. It is sad to watch basketball that is played the way she coaches. The players are like pawns in that they are doing what they love and play basketball, they have little if any control of what goes on.

We all know if that happens she’s gets a bump in $ and years. The last thing we need is Fulmer to be like Ham and give rewards for mediocrity
Probably right. Question-Is the decision solely up to Fulmer? Given the realatively low buyout as compared to football, hopefully money will not be the only factor in the decision. Stop the bleeding and start fresh.

Reactions: flint

It's way past mediocrity. She's awful and has been on the down slope for years.

Reactions: T.J.
Lady basketball coaches are seldom fired for their teams performance (compared to men’s basketball and football). Fulmer feels like he should have been given some time to turn the football program around when he was fired. Even if the Lady Vols fail to make the NCAA tournament, I am sure he will wait and see what this so call young team does when they are seniors before he fires Holl because he respects her long service to UT.. I fully expect Holly to be the coach for 2 more years minimum.

I would never pull against a UT coach (except Dooley). I do think that if a decision to make a change is made, they let Holly go with grace and respect. She has dedicated her life to that program and she deserves that. Who would you hire that has a better track record than her that is feasibly attainable?

No. That would be disrespectful to Pat.

That being said, short of our girls going on some magical run, winning the conference tourny and making it to at worst the sweet 16, Holly must be fired. This should be a universal opinion.

Lady basketball coaches are seldom fired for their teams performance (compared to men’s basketball and football). Fulmer feels like he should have been given some time to turn the football program around when he was fired. Even if the Lady Vols fail to make the NCAA tournament, I am sure he will wait and see what this so call young team does when they are seniors before he fires Holl because he respects her long service to UT.. I fully expect Holly to be the coach for 2 more years minimum.
If that's true I hope Thompson-Boling Arena will be empty for all LadyVols home games in the future

2urujc.jpg

Reactions: Special Ed
Pulling against the Lady Vols is just not something I can do. I can however continue to add my voice to the loud chorus calling for Holly to be gone. One way or the other. (released or step down) Noticed I said released, a nice way of saying FIRED, which does not look like the word that will be used.

VN Store

Back