are fans pulling against UT so Holly is fired?

In answer to the thread's question: Of course we are. We are rooting for total humiliation in the first round so this ever loyal Orange coach will disappear and we can get on with rebuilding what once was. God bless Holly but she's about 17 steps below up to the job. The hand writing is more than in big bold lettering up on the wall. We are constantly mulling all this over because it seems that the U has an agenda that includes having the Lady Vols languish in this pity of ordinary.

Somehow I missed her leaving. Did she get hurt or transfer?

She was dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules. She will be playing at Middle Tennessee starting in the fall of 2019, I think her sisters will be playing there with her too.

Oh. When was she dismissed? ( When was I so out of it?)

I think it was sometime last summer, after the season ended, but before pre-season started. Rumor was that it was for marijuana use, but that's just what I heard. I don't think it was anything too major.

I think her father was becoming quite the thorn in the side of the coaching staff as well. He felt she should start over Evina at point guard and it probably wasn't going to happen. He was posting on social media all the time and openly criticizing the coaches, which is not appropriate for a parent. Go express those concerns in private to the AD so something might actually happen. They were also really vying to have all three girls play together and I also don't think that was going to be in the cards for them at UT. I think MTSU will have a better team with them next season though, hope Annie has a good experience and gets better.

I don't think so, go look at the other schools that were finalists for these players. You think Muffet McGraw, Dawn Staley, Jeff Walz, or Brenda Frese are chasing around over rated players? It is the lack of coaching that is the problem, and has been.

These young women are very highly touted recruits, and have great skills for the HIGH SCHOOL level, but there is still a ton to learn once you get to the next level. Other coaches do a great job of building on players ability and helping them adjust to the game in college. Holly thinks that just because they were a 5 star recruit, her job is done.
d
She says all the time that they should know what to do and she isn't going to coach effort. But that is EXACTLY what this team needed all season, someone to chew them up one side and down the other about their effort. Pat did it all the time, which is why she didn't have to coach effort during games, that job was done before they ever stepped on the floor. I would give anything to sit in on one of Holly's practices, she's always saying how great the players practice, but it isn't translating to games. Which very likely means they're practicing a lot like they play, it just doesn't look that bad in a controlled environment.

Look at Diamond she was a star and National Freshman of the Year at NC under Sylvia Hatchell, came to UT and she didn't do much. She's gone on the play well in the W, just no coaching going on at UT right now.

And I'll be the first to admit that I was a Diamond "hater" while she was at UT. I'm still not crazy about her attitude, but she wasn't as bad of a ball player as Holly made her look.

Shame on Holly and those who do not appreciate Simmons or Deshields!

Reactions: BreatheUT
Shame on Holly and those who do not appreciate Simmons or Deshields!

Oh and there were a lot...all just to take up for Warlick to explain her inefficiencies. I will never forget these "joke" of a fans that continually insulted Speedy and couldn't wait for her to move on.

Today they look like fools.

Reactions: Amb3096
Practice is supposed to get rid of bad habits. Run the play repeatedly until you know it like the back of your hand. Some of those one handed passes that Evina and especially Meme Jackson try...the fact that they do it every game is on the coach. Otherwise, she would call time out and let them hear it. I remember watching a Louisville game a few years ago where Kylee Shook threw a really sloppy pass. Walz called a timeout, stood at the sidelines glaring at Kylee when she walked over, and said in a very calm demeanor, "What the F*** was that?". And then he repeated himself for good effect. Message received. Contrast Holly, who keeps letting them be careless with the ball and gives them a nice slap on the ass during the media timeout right after they committed their 5th turnover of the game in the 3rd quarter.

If it was an infrequent problem, I'd agree with the "no explanation" bit. But the fact that it has been an ongoing problem during her coaching tenure leads me to conclude that it's because she's not properly coaching the multitude of players who come in and make careless turnovers during their 4 years at Tennessee.

It was her responsibility and she did not get it fixed and has paid the price as expected. Bet CPF reached this decision without the need for all the cheap shots by the portion of the fan base that felt compelled to put them out there.... I am now waiting to see how these folks are going to put their bullets back in the gun..... probably as successful as taking back turnovers after the fact by the players... and these guys had plenty of practice too yet they just kept putting them out there. Discretion is truly the better part of valor. As far as Walz's methods.... way too classless for me to desire them to be applied by a UT coach on a court with CPHS's name on it. I cannot believe it is any more effective than Pat's stare and certainly not at distance.

Practice is supposed to get rid of bad habits. Run the play repeatedly until you know it like the back of your hand. Some of those one handed passes that Evina and especially Meme Jackson try...the fact that they do it every game is on the coach. Otherwise, she would call time out and let them hear it. I remember watching a Louisville game a few years ago where Kylee Shook threw a really sloppy pass. Walz called a timeout, stood at the sidelines glaring at Kylee when she walked over, and said in a very calm demeanor, "What the F*** was that?". And then he repeated himself for good effect. Message received. Contrast Holly, who keeps letting them be careless with the ball and gives them a nice slap on the ass during the media timeout right after they committed their 5th turnover of the game in the 3rd quarter.

If it was an infrequent problem, I'd agree with the "no explanation" bit. But the fact that it has been an ongoing problem during her coaching tenure leads me to conclude that it's because she's not properly coaching the multitude of players who come in and make careless turnovers during their 4 years at Tennessee.

Dadburn one-handed passes. Let's get these girls back to the 1940s and 50s like we had him once before. No more of these one-handed passes like the guys made. Girls can't do that.
Get into the new millennium.

Girls can do what boys do. They just have to be better coached. And they have to answer for their mistakes for the two handed or one handed

Last edited:

VN Store

Back