Apparently We Are Not Going to Promote from Within.

UT is not "looking bad" . CJP wants to do this the right way. he knows how important this hire is.
we should be glad we have a coach that is doing the correct due diligence to get this right instead of
rushing into hiring the wrong guy.
impatience is the cause of more wrong and bad decisions than anything. relax and trust CJP.
And while he does his “due diligence”, if he’s not careful, he’s gonna let the “right guy” get hired by somebody else. Like it or not, there are only so many top notch guys out there, and if you drag your feet, somebody else snatched em up and you’re left with the less desirable candidates that nobody else wanted. We’re getting dangerously close to that point now imho.

Reactions: tcdestiny
UT is not "looking bad" . CJP wants to do this the right way. he knows how important this hire is.
we should be glad we have a coach that is doing the correct due diligence to get this right instead of
rushing into hiring the wrong guy.
impatience is the cause of more wrong and bad decisions than anything. relax and trust CJP.
Finally some common sense.

no one but CJP and Fulmer know for sure who UTs first choice is at this point.

remember how wild this place was when Fulmer was hiring a head coach ? well we ended up pretty
dang good if you ask me.

CJP knows how important this hire is --- for the players, recruiting, UT fans, and also for HIMSELF.

relax boys, we are gonna get the right OC and the best guy for the Vols.

So no matter who is hired you're going to argue they are the best man for the job?

What if CJP brings CBJ back? Dools? Randy Sanders? Dave Clawson?

Who would make you think they'd effed up?

UT does look incompetent and the brand continues to suffer this perception as this search drags on. "HERE WE GO AGAIN" is implied even by the local news channels.
I find it hard to believe the nation is following the search for an OC this closely. Yes, the people on this message board are, but seriously... I'm not bogged down and passing judgement on a hypothetical coaching search at say UCLA or Arizona state and criticizing their brand. They could be botching that royally and I wouldn't know/care. The Schiano thing was different. This ISN'T that. Much ado about nothing. Most of the good OC's are out preparing for their bowl game. Patience grasshopper.

Right now, the most important thing CJP can do is recruit.

So no matter who is hired you're going to argue they are the best man for the job?

What if CJP brings CBJ back? Dools? Randy Sanders? Dave Clawson?

Who would make you think they'd effed up?

sorry buddy, i don't play "WHAT IF" games. lets just see what happens.

sorry buddy, i don't play "WHAT IF" games. lets just see what happens.

Nice avoidance. But we both know the truth. Lapdogs will always have their Masters back. As long as she throws them a scrap or two.

Regardless of who is hired as long as they wear something Orange they are obviously an awesome coach and are going to lead us to glory

I’m a VFL & alum, so it pains me to say this. But, has it occurred to anyone that UT just isn’t the “destination” job for coaches any longer? We’re in mediocrity and have been for a decade+. For CJP, it’s either wait for your best hire to pick us or move on and get the best OC who would be willing to come to UT. Logically, he’ll wait until he can no longer wait. It’s tough for us as fans I know, but UT is what it is - a second-tier program. We can’t do anything but let CJP do his thing. If it doesn’t work, we can vote with our ticket puchases & donations.
Nothing 2nd tier about $1.2 million, especially if you are currently making $650,000 and paying state taxes. Coaches are like diapers, they change everyday, and each is looking for the biggest paycheck they can get because as an assistant coach you're never really sure how long you'll get to stay at 1 place.

It's hard the think that a program that has been in the bottom of the offensive rankings for what seems like a decade can be attractive to potential OCs. We are only attractive to ourselves. Coaches, the Media, and most other fan bases could care less at this stage. You cannot wish yourself into Top Ten rankings until the win/loss stats take some big jumps. A single year record of 9 wins or more will not do it. If you can get over looking for a "quick fix" then maybe we can all reduce our blood pressure. Remember folks, you have to have good "eye discipline".

I find it hard to believe the nation is following the search for an OC this closely. Yes, the people on this message board are, but seriously... I'm not bogged down and passing judgement on a hypothetical coaching search at say UCLA or Arizona state and criticizing their brand. They could be botching that royally and I wouldn't know/care. The Schiano thing was different. This ISN'T that. Much ado about nothing. Most of the good OC's are out preparing for their bowl game. Patience grasshopper.

Right now, the most important thing CJP can do is recruit.
The truth is volnation isnt just watching the oc opening, but rooting for a guy in freeze who they know can turn ut into an elite offense just as he has everywhere else. The man is a proven winner, and has done it against the toughest competition with limited resources. Volnation has common sense, but some high and mighty pencil pusher is running the show. I guess the ut administration never thought to research how much freeze increased the value of ole miss football. Guy filled the stadium.

The truth is volnation isnt just watching the oc opening, but rooting for a guy in freeze who they know can turn ut into an elite offense just as he has everywhere else. The man is a proven winner, and has done it against the toughest competition with limited resources. Volnation has common sense, but some high and mighty pencil pusher is running the show. I guess the ut administration never thought to research how much freeze increased the value of ole miss football. Guy filled the stadium.

At what cost? Didn't they have NCAA sanctions and he got fired? Vacate wins? Bowl bans? Is Ole Miss better today because of his time spent there?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back