Apparently We Are Not Going to Promote from Within.

All indications from ms is that #1 on Freeze's list is ut. Holdup would most certainly be on the ut administration side. I dont think he will be announced before early signing either way. Wont take much more delaying before he moves on to bama or auburn while they are open. Doesnt seem like they vetted butch jones or schiano with the same effort. Jones had many complaints of roughing up players, and we all know about schiano.

Wonder what Jeremy think about "Everybody pullin in the same direction" now. UT, at study in how to destroy a valuable brand name and symbol by ignorance, incompetence and don't give a sh-t attitude.

Reactions: tcdestiny
Of course not.....

Welcome Bobo McBoboson from Eastern Wyoming State Community College

With each passing day, I get a sinking feeling about this hire, it’s the Tennessee way

I’m a VFL & alum, so it pains me to say this. But, has it occurred to anyone that UT just isn’t the “destination” job for coaches any longer? We’re in mediocrity and have been for a decade+. For CJP, it’s either wait for your best hire to pick us or move on and get the best OC who would be willing to come to UT. Logically, he’ll wait until he can no longer wait. It’s tough for us as fans I know, but UT is what it is - a second-tier program. We can’t do anything but let CJP do his thing. If it doesn’t work, we can vote with our ticket puchases & donations.

It is my humble opinion that no (or few) coaching positions other than some head coaching positions are "destination" jobs. Look at the movement over the last few years in the position coach area. Not even long term guys (example Chief) are staying put. This can be due to a few things the two most obvious, being lack of success of players or a change in the head coach who wants his own man.

UT is not "looking bad" . CJP wants to do this the right way. he knows how important this hire is.
we should be glad we have a coach that is doing the correct due diligence to get this right instead of
rushing into hiring the wrong guy.
impatience is the cause of more wrong and bad decisions than anything. relax and trust CJP.

I'm not talking about how important the hire is or even his due diligence. I'm talking about how he demeaned the last Coordinator On the sideline. He wants to act like Nick saban, he doesn't have that cache.

I'm saying it's the only choice because no one wants to work for him. It may be his only choice because it's his only choice.

Our fans are unbearable.

Look man, Maybe you can enlighten me. With The UT job open really before any others, why is it taking so long to fill? Did the thought ever cross your mind, maybe people don't want to work with such an overbearing coach?

You know what I find unbearable? People who lack common sense... I wish I could go back and look at your post history. I bet you were screaming about how good Butch Jones was all the way up till the end.

VN Store

Back