Anyone play guitar?

"That's The Way" by Led Zeppelin uses open G tuning. I love that song! I just learned how to play it, but I can't sing it worth a damn. Just one complete octave or so short LOL
Lots of great Stone’s songs in open G.
Can you hear me knocking.

I love Black Crowe’s Wiser Time

Reactions: TC 83
Fender Acoustic won't be useful for Rock Music. Folk/Country ; Yeah. Telly or Strat is what you want for Rock music; and a lot easier on the fingers! BE SURE the teacher is a Player; too! "Those that can; do Those that Can't, Teach". Well you need a Teacher That Can. Good luck. But if you don't have it, you won't practice enough. Only way to know is try. OH, don't EVEN listen to any "LEARN TO READ MUSIC" Crap. You wanta learn to PLAY.

Also Roberi mussard is an excellent teacher online. Musicisum.net. You can go at your own pace. I’ve been playing since I was 4 and he has taught me a good deal. $15 a month

I've been tinkering with the new Tool stuff and apparently my brain doesn't function at the same level. The time sig changes and off beats are insane!

If things are going well for me financially, later this year I'm planning on buying myself another guitar for my birthday (this would be my second). Kind of excited. Right now I just have a Epiphone Les Paul (more of a beginner guitar, but pretty solid for the price I got it for IMO)

probably looking at getting a Tele, but not sure yet

I'm looking to buy a high-ish end acoustic/electric soon.. anybody have suggestions? I came close to pulling the trigger on a taylor 324ce the other day. I really like the modern gibson hummingbird and a few Martins too though, so I held off

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I'm looking to buy a high-ish end acoustic/electric soon.. anybody have suggestions? I came close to pulling the trigger on a taylor 324ce the other day. I really like the modern gibson hummingbird and a few Martins too though, so I held off
I’m not a big fan of mixing acoustic and electric, but can’t beat the Taylor T5 in that field

my J-30, basically a Hummingbird without the bling. I don't think they have a square shoulder J-series nowadays. For the kind of money you're talking about, I'd be sure and shop around. Since I already have a mahogany body Gibson, I think I'd want to go for maple like the Dove or maybe the Firebird. Although, what I have now is a far better instrument than I am a player and that's probably not going to change much.

Attachments

• P1720471.JPG
    P1720471.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
I really want to play one
They’re so smooth. If I had crazy excess income I’d have one for sure. but Idk is it would ever become my everyday guitar. Have a Collings OM2H that is never much further than arms reach when I’m at home. Incredible guitar. Worth every penny and thank god cause they ain’t cheap lol

They’re so smooth. If I had crazy excess income I’d have one for sure. but Idk is it would ever become my everyday guitar. Have a Collings OM2H that is never much further than arms reach when I’m at home. Incredible guitar. Worth every penny and thank god cause they ain’t cheap lol
I just love how versatile they are with the 2 humbuckers and top sensor (from the videos I've watched). I'd like to see how the acoustic tone and projection is in person though

I hear collings makes a great guitar, but I haven't played one. I went to the Open Chord to play one, but I didnt see any. I haven't see them at GC either

I hear collings makes a great guitar, but I haven't played one. I went to the Open Chord to play one, but I didnt see any. I haven't see them at GC either
Yeah won’t find them at GC. Just boutique dealers. Theyre amazing though. I’ve put a lot of hours into mine in a pretty short while!

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Just get a hummingbird! I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on one soon myself..
I don't want to sound like a vulture waiting to benefit from the misfortune of others, but I have a feeling that if the economy does not heat up quickly there will soon be a glut of high end player instruments on the second hand market which will drive down prices. Might be worth it to wait a few months.

VN Store

Back