Anyone have any updates on Jeremy Banks's status?

He sure enough ran his mouth in an incredibly inappropriate manner. NO question. This kid screwed up BIG time.
I don't want a "team of thugs". Don't want the Tennessee volunteers to become a program where it's generally understood that you can get away with anything so long as you produce on the field. All that said..
I'd like to see Jeremy back on the team. I know...sounds like I just contradicted myself, but I don't believe he is quite the "bad-azz thug" that he characterized himself as in his idiotic rant. The poster I quoted above asked if we would not prefer a team of Trey Smiths. Of course we would like to have an entire team like Trey, which brings up an interesting question:
?? How does Trey feel about playing with Jeremy going forward..??
Do the players have any input in this..?? Should they have any ??

That's a good question. I think CJP should get input from some of the leaders on the team on how they feel about the situation. Even though I'm a law and order guy, I'd give the guy another chance but with a short leash.

If it's your football team then you should hire and fire coaches, recruit players, call plays....etc..

Or move out of state to say Georgia and pay taxes there....then that makes Georgia your school. Tax money does not fund athletics idiot

You mad, bro?

You're confusing owner and coach. I'm not the CEO of Apple, but I own shares so therefore I'm an owner. One of many, but that's not really the point. The University receives public funds. The football team is only able to exist because the University exists. The University exists because of tax money and student tuition. If you contribute to the existence of the team, which taxpayers, students, and alumni absolutely do, then it's absolutely your team.

You mad, bro?

You're confusing owner and coach. I'm not the CEO of Apple, but I own shares so therefore I'm an owner. One of many, but that's not really the point. The University receives public funds. The football team is only able to exist because the University exists. The University exists because of tax money and student tuition. If you contribute to the existence of the team, which taxpayers, students, and alumni absolutely do, then it's absolutely your team.
By your reasoning....flawed as it is, if you go to vacation in Florida or Alabama and buy one thing that's taxable the University of Florida and the University of Alabama then become your team....

Wow makes sense as to why now we see so many Bama flags and shirts in Tennessee now....

"HARSH"? Really? The truth too harsh for yah? Dude THREATENED Police Officers; (Who BTW were very Lenient) Go ahead and reinstate Banks. SEE how that helps UT's Image. Do you want a Team of Bank's or a Team Of Trey Smith's ? WHAT is the obsession with some on VN with Banks? Did you NOT watch the Video? All Of it? Wow. Crazy.

If the Lord had your mentality, we'd all be going to hell. It's called Grace. We've all fallen short of the glory of God. He who is WITHOUT sin cast the 1st stone.

Most criminals in prison claim to be reformed. Only time will tell with JB. I’ll accept whatever decision JP makes. I’m rooting for him to make it because he may be a helluva RB/LB for the Vols.

He's not in prison. He's doing this own his own accord. That's a bible in his hand at the detention center tweet. He's changed, but so many can't get over beta he did. Much less forgive.

I have to give him credit, he is working harder with his heart to get out of the hole, than he worked with his mouth to dig it. He has changed my mind. I will support him coming back to the team, but I would give him a very short leash. If he is who we see on twitter, it would not be a problem. If he works on the field like he has this winter and spring at rehabbing his image, he will be a benefit to this team.

^^^^^This^^^^ JB is walking the walk by all accounts and when he EARNS his way back onto this team or any other, there won't be a press conference or special announcement. I'm rooting for him.

Comparing apples to oranges. Not same situation. Jennings told someone off in a video. Banks was arrested basically telling the female cop he'd kill her if they were in his old neighborhood. It's not the same.

So, no I dont want him back. He was not good in the first place. Slow at backer and could not fill a hole. We have tons at backer now and he was sub par anyways. Not like he was anything special.
This is why you are not the one making the decisions. Its not up to the fans. You can trash him all you want to make yourself feel better but at the end of the day if Banks did whatever Pruitt has laid out for him to do and he gets another chance then he will be on this team and you can pout all you want.

This is why you are not the one making the decisions. Its not up to the fans. You can trash him all you want to make yourself feel better but at the end of the day if Banks did whatever Pruitt has laid out for him to do and he gets another chance then he will be on this team and you can pout all you want.

Glad I'm not in charge. But someone whining over someone that cant fill a whole and fumbles when touches the ball, mediocre speed. I'd say let the 4/5 star lbs we got rock n roll with their God givens. That dude was needed last year and the year before. Now, we get to let talent play. I'll pray for you.

Reactions: 08Vol
Glad I'm not in charge. But someone whining over someone that cant fill a whole and fumbles when touches the ball, mediocre speed. I'd say let the 4/5 star lbs we got rock n roll with their God givens. That dude was needed last year and the year before. Now, we get to let talent play. I'll pray for you.

You have no ideal how these 4/5 stars will play once they get on that field. Now run along. You never seen me whine over this but you are doing enough for everybody in this thread.

Reactions: irish1485
He's not even on the team yet you have him playing in 3 months? He's done at Tn unless 4 or 5 on the roster transfer out, he's missed his shot I think. I've got no problem w him coming back, just don't see it happening, looks like Pruitt has moved on to me.
He back. Let’s be real.

VN Store

Back