Any updates on Tillman?

That's an opinion. But that's all it is. An opinion.

I'm going to tell my age. As a young guy I started college at NCSU... the same year they won the NC in basketball under Valvano. State's best player was Derrick Whittenburg. He broke his foot mid-season. State had to regroup with a squad that really didn't have any other dependable scorers or stars. But they played and grew and ended the regular season with 10 losses and around 20 wins. They had to win the ACC tourney to get into the NCAA's. They did against UNC and other powerhouses. They then played from a mid-level seed to the championship game.

A HUGE part of their success was that guys picked up the slack from Whittenburg when he went out. No one "replaced" him... just a bunch of guys stepped up together.

UT has MORE than enough talent for that to happen at receiver.

Of course it can happen, there's a reason that team is still talked about because it doesn't happen frequently. Most teams that lose pro caliber players suffer production

Don’t agree but we will care to disagree. I trust Milton but I see why some don’t

And I love the teammate Milton has been when most would have immediately transferred. Really hope he shows out next year and gives us another nfl qb. He's the most physically imposing qb that we've ever had.

Reactions: A.J. and Volfan39
You don’t lose one of the top WR in the country and not feel it that’s for sure. However we truly don’t know how good the WR position is behind him except for small glimpses here and there. Hyatt’s emergence last week was certainly encouraging, but at the same time I have been disappointed with Bru and Keyton. If one of Merrill, Holiday, or Squirrel steps up with a handful of catches to take the heat off those three on Saturday I think we’ll effectively replace the production lost with having Tillman out.

Tell that to the Purdue team we played in a bowl last year.

Hyatt’s proving to be a big time WR and McCoy, Squirrel White and others will make up forTillman‘s absence Saturday.

Yeah, I think this is the best secondary UT will face so far this season, and despite the optimism, UT's offensive line is not good.
Not saying UTs OL is great, but i believe a lot of the rushing woes has to do with Small being the primary RB. Wright has outperformed him rushing up to this point in the year but he needs to improve on ball security. Not bashing Small either. Just saying I believe Wright sees the field better.

Reactions: JRich and Volfan574
Tell that to the Purdue team we played in a bowl last year.

Hyatt’s proving to be a big time WR and McCoy, Squirrel White and others will make up forTillman‘s absence Saturday.

We have plenty of talent at the position, I’m excited to see who steps up in his absence!

Reactions: brockytop
Not saying UTs OL is great, but i believe a lot of the rushing woes has to do with Small being the primary RB. Wright has outperformed him rushing up to this point in the year but he needs to improve on ball security. Not bashing Small either. Just saying I believe Wright sees the field better.
What about the freshman? He has looked great so far.

Of course it can happen, there's a reason that team is still talked about because it doesn't happen frequently. Most teams that lose pro caliber players suffer production
BS. Yeah. It happens frequently. It happened to Bama a couple of years back when they lost their top 2 WR's.

It seldom if ever happens with poorly coached teams though. So you could say this is a test of Heupel and his staff.

The rushing woes had more to do with PITT's D line. Those dudes were legit. Hopefully that test will help us as we start SEC play.

Stop with all the nail biting. Coach Heup has a plan and the guys are prepared for war. They know how important this game is to the fanbase as well as their march to Atlanta.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
BS. Yeah. It happens frequently. It happened to Bama a couple of years back when they lost their top 2 WR's.

It seldom if ever happens with poorly coached teams though. So you could say this is a test of Heupel and his staff.
Lol ok if you're comparing tn losing its only top tier nfl talent to a team that had the greatest run of wr talent in the history of the game then common sense has left this convo.

Lol ok if you're comparing tn losing its only top tier nfl talent to a team that had the greatest run of wr talent in the history of the game then common sense has left this convo.
You never introduced or accepted any "common sense". Yeah. Bama had talent behind those top two who stepped up when called on. That's kind of the point.

And who says that Tillman is UT's only "top tier NFL talent"? McCoy has had a bit of a slow start. He has 8 catches for 109 yds and a TD... which puts him 5 receptions and 40 yards ahead of where Tillman was at this point of last season. NFL talent or not... Hyatt, not Tillman, has been UT's most dangerous WR so far this year.... and he's gotten better each game.

You never introduced or accepted any "common sense". Yeah. Bama had talent behind those top two who stepped up when called on. That's kind of the point.

And who says that Tillman is UT's only "top tier NFL talent"? McCoy has had a bit of a slow start. He has 8 catches for 109 yds and a TD... which puts him 5 receptions and 40 yards ahead of where Tillman was at this point of last season. NFL talent or not... Hyatt, not Tillman, has been UT's most dangerous WR so far this year.... and he's gotten better each game.

You are correct tn has just been a few "bad coaching decisions" away the last 20 years it has nothing to do with talent. I dont know why those nfl gms keep drafting Bama, georgia, Ohio state, and Clemson players in the first 3 rds by the dozens while we are lucky to get one every couple years. They should realize they could take the 4th best receiver on tn and be fine.

Just curious. How many teams in CFB have more than two "proven" guys at WR? Bama right now has two receivers with over 100 yds total for the season. None over 200. UT has two over 200 and two more over 100. UF has only one receiver over 100 yds. UK has two.

Hyatt didn't enter the season having proven anything. Tillman didn't last year... and didn't really emerge as a genuine threat until the last half of the season. Through the first 6 games he had 16 catches for 210 yds.

Point is that UT has a bunch of talented guys that have not had their opportunity to shine... just like Hyatt once was... and Tillman... and Velus... and Payton for sure.
We've had two cupcakes to pad stats. And last year is last year. Outside of Tillman and Hyatt I just haven't seen the consistency. I want to see them ball out against an SEC opponent constantly. And you say opportunity to shine, you have an opportunity to shine the minute you step foot on campus. It's what you do with that opportunity.

You could say anything you want, but you don’t have any data to back that up. When a team loses a great player, it usually hurts, especially when there is chemistry with a QB involved. As for whether or not someone steps in and plays a game that fills that gap, there are too many variables to just pin that on the head coach. We can win Saturday. We’ll also miss Tillman.

Bru has looked very good actually considering it's his first three games here. Easily already our most dependable WR besides Tilman. Hyatt needs a coming out party this game. Akron doesn't really count.
Bru has looked decent but he has not put out the stats that Hyatt has produced so far if my memory is correct.

Bru has looked decent but he has not put out the stats that Hyatt has produced so far if my memory is correct.
He definitely does not have the stats, but his routes are possession routes and 50/50 balls. He is a different target profile. He’s done well with the balls that have come his way, and he’ll get a lot more Saturday. Hyatt’s routes and hands are finally developed to match his speed. He’s definitely earned the balls that come his way. Fingers crossed that those two have a big game.

Reactions: walkenvol
Thats just gamesmanship among head coaches. Heupel isnt going to give anything away to Napier and vice versa. Tillman will not play on Saturday. They want to rest him through the bye week so he'll be ready for LSU. We'll need him a hell of a lot worse for that game than we will for this one.
You don’t know anymore than anybody else. Your speculating and that is all! Having said that it’s a team game and you have to be able to deal with injuries. Nobody knows how serious Tillman is hurt, Florida has folks injured as well. If we play well we can win! GBO!

Yeah we probably would lose with Tillman too but him being out solidifies that. Sorry I’m not confident we beat a team we’ve beat 5 times in my entire 29 years on this planet despite having a superior team numerous times

So why do you bother even being a fan if you have no hope of your team succeeding, even when they’re clearly the better team and a double digit favorite?

Some of y’all just love being miserable.

So why do you bother even being a fan if you have no hope of your team succeeding, even when they’re clearly the better team and a double digit favorite?

Some of y’all just love being miserable.

I mean he told you exactly why he thinks the way he does, and you choose to ignore it because it doesn’t align with what you believe.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14

VN Store

Back