Any updates on Tillman?

BigOrangePaddy

I don't care what anyone says, we NEED him for this game.

Watch UF 's dline magically get their **** together this game and force us beat them throwing the ball.

The only game changing RB we have is Sampson who hasn't gotten near enough touches this year yet. Wright is a good dependable workhorse type back but nothing the game breaker that Sampson is.

If Tilman is out, why don't we make this Sampson's coming out party and design special sweep plays, screens and QB option pitches to him. You can bet Hyatt and Bru at wideout would both be double covered the entire game with no Tilman forcing another WR to step up.

Sampson is a TD waiting to happen everytime he touches it.

To double cover both Bru and Hyatt you would have to play 2 high safety, that means we have numbers in the box and would run the ball all day on them. Now if they can stop the run with their front 7 then we have an issue but I do not think they can based on what I have seen so far.

Edit: the update on Tillman is "No Update" coach Hype never discusses player injuries.

I don't care what anyone says, we NEED him for this game.

Watch UF 's dline magically get their **** together this game and force us beat them throwing the ball.

The only game changing RB we have is Sampson who hasn't gotten near enough touches this year yet. Wright is a good dependable workhorse type back but nothing the game breaker that Sampson is.

If Tilman is out, why don't we make this Sampson's coming out party and design special sweep plays, screens and QB option pitches to him. You can bet Hyatt and Bru at wideout would both be double covered the entire game with no Tilman forcing another WR to step up.

Sampson is a TD waiting to happen everytime he touches it.

NO....we do not. If his injury is a high ankle sprain he needs to REST. Last evening on "talking Vols" it was said Tillman may be out 3-5 weeks. Don't shoot the messenger, just repeating what was said in the program CHAT.
We have plenty of talent at WR to beat UF. GBO

NO....we do not. If his injury is a high ankle sprain he needs to REST. Last evening on "talking Vols" it was said Tillman may be out 3-5 weeks. Don't shoot the messenger, just repeating what was said in the program CHAT.
We have plenty of talent at WR to beat UF. GBO

None of those guys has half the chemistry together that Tilman and Hooker do. You are kidding yourself. And yes he is much much needed.

To double cover both Bru and Hyatt you would have to play 2 high safety, that means we have numbers in the box and would run the ball all day on them. Now if they can stop the run with their front 7 then we have an issue but I do not think they can based on what I have seen so far.

Edit: the update on Tillman is "No Update" coach Hype never discusses player injuries.

Why do Tennessee fans continue to underestimate Florida every year? You think they don't have enough talent to beat us??? Gtfo lol. They aren't and never will be Vanderbilt.

I won't believe we can dominate their dline until i see it with my own eyes.

It's only week 4 and they have a first year head coach who we have no idea yet if is a decent football coach or not.

Anything can happen with a team in Florida's current situation. I would not judge them based on what we have seen so far. And remember, they still beat Utah.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Tillman is a stud and it would be nice to have him available, but our other WRs are more than capable of getting the job done if he can’t go. Keyton is playing terrific and will help us tremendously.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Tillman is a stud and it would be nice to have him available, but our other WRs are more than capable of getting the job done if he can’t go. Keyton is playing terrific and will help us tremendously.

Let's put it this way, without Tilman we are 2-1 right now with probably a blowout loss to Pitt after we went down 10-0 like that.. Cedric Tilman is THAT important to this team.

Last time we beat Florida was with Dobbs to Jennings literally the 2016 version of Hooker and Tilman in many many ways which is crazy to think about.

Let's put it this way, without Tilman we are 2-1 right now with probably a blowout loss to Pitt after we went down 10-0 like that.. Cedric Tilman is THAT important to this team.

Last time we beat Florida was with Dobbs to Jennings literally the 2016 version of Hooker and Tilman in many many ways which is crazy to think about.
Get your panties out of a bundle. We have more than enough wide reciever talent to win this week. We haven’t mentioned Jimmy Holliday, squirrel white, our running backs, our the X factor that it hendon hooekr

Get your panties out of a bundle. We have more than enough wide reciever talent to win this week. We haven’t mentioned Jimmy Holliday, squirrel white, our running backs, our the X factor that it hendon hooekr

Okay. I have probably watched more Tennessee football than you ever have.

I was also flamed on this board for telling everyone early on how terrible of a P5 QB JG was and i was literally banned over that **** lol. We Vol fans don't like to hear the truth it seems.

We can not lose this game period and I'm not convinced Florida's dline is as bad as they have looked so far.

Considering how one dimensionsal we looked against Pitt, there is PLENTY reason to be concerned when our best wideout is injured/not playing.

Reactions: Doberman
My fear is this : they have a better OL than we do, this may allow them to run the ball effectively and slow the game down.
If their rushing attack is effective, we have to convert a higher % of our drives to maintain a lead. Every series is important.

We will miss Tillman more than people expect, but I think he should sit this out.

Reactions: troopervol
Why do Tennessee fans continue to underestimate Florida every year? You think they don't have enough talent to beat us??? Gtfo lol. They aren't and never will be Vanderbilt.

I won't believe we can dominate their dline until i see it with my own eyes.

It's only week 4 and they have a first year head coach who we have no idea yet if is a decent football coach or not.

Anything can happen with a team in Florida's current situation. I would not judge them based on what we have seen so far. And remember, they still beat Utah.

I didn’t hear him say anything like that. Florida has not been good at stopping the run this year. That’s a fact, not an opinion.

Not good. McCoy and particularly Hyatt need to shift their games into a new gear this weekend. I say particularly Hyatt because he is our fastest deep threat but has been a bit on and off at times it seems but looked great last weekend. McCoy just has that dog in him like Tilman. You can literally see it everytime he fights for the ball.

You don’t lose one of the top WR in the country and not feel it that’s for sure. However we truly don’t know how good the WR position is behind him except for small glimpses here and there. Hyatt’s emergence last week was certainly encouraging, but at the same time I have been disappointed with Bru and Keyton. If one of Merrill, Holiday, or Squirrel steps up with a handful of catches to take the heat off those three on Saturday I think we’ll effectively replace the production lost with having Tillman out.

I didn’t hear him say anything like that. Florida has not been good at stopping the run this year. That’s a fact, not an opinion.

If we are being completely honest, Pitt is the only decent opponent we faced, and we looked really weak running the ball. I'm not going to judge anything against ball state and akron.

You don’t lose one of the top WR in the country and not feel it that’s for sure. However we truly don’t know how good the WR position is behind him except for small glimpses here and there. Hyatt’s emergence last week was certainly encouraging, but at the same time I have been disappointed with Bru and Keyton. If one of Merrill, Holiday, or Squirrel steps up with a handful of catches to take the heat off those three on Saturday I think we’ll effectively replace the production lost with having Tillman out.

Bru has looked very good actually considering it's his first three games here. Easily already our most dependable WR besides Tilman. Hyatt needs a coming out party this game. Akron doesn't really count.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

VN Store

Back