Any News on Transfers?

NEO, most of what you wrote was true, but he was never going to OSU though.

He was frustrated with the system, lack of blocking, getting the handoff basically standing still, having to generate yards after being hit at (or behind) the line of scrimmage almost every time that he touched the ball, etc.

Linemen have gotten better/healthy, and the system has now been tweaked a bit to his strengths.

Anyone notice how easily he got yards running out of the I with a lead blocker and a head of steam? Yes, I did too.

He's not going anywhere. The only thing that he is concerned with is getting stronger, faster, better balance and getting to Tampa next year.

Great news on Jalen by the way!!!!!!!!!

The only reason I can think of is he didn't have a breakout freshman year like Barnett had. If that is the reason then that's absurd. Not everyone can be a Freshman AA and have that kind of impact. If you look at the guys that are playing in the NFL you'll see that very few of them made Freshman AA. My point is it's nice when you can make that type of instant impact. But if you don't it doesn't mean your career is over.

Hard to break out when you're hurt

If I was a UT player and read this thread I'd want to transfer to get as far away from some of the stalker/psycho/lunatic types who propagate transfer rumors.

Reactions: 3 people
If I was a UT player and read this thread I'd want to transfer to get as far away from some of the stalker/psycho/lunatic types who propagate transfer rumors.

Would bet my house this is the first time these words have been used in the same sentence..........EVER.

Josh may also be pissed that he's now the dual-threat centerpiece of a run-first spread attack despite the fact he was categorized as a "pocket passer" QB recruit in high school and told he could be the next Justin Worley.

Josh may be especially angry that CMD called that lateral-pass-back-to-the-QB play against Florida, because now NFL scouts will look at him like a WR instead of as a QB.

A+ post, especially this.

Reactions: 1 person
You diced to the heart of the matter

There is a reason that this is called the silly season. There were be an incredible number of rumors propagated on this board and others about a number of players and coaches. About 95% of them will be baseless, but people will lose their lunch and what little mind they have left, every time a rumor is posted.

Kyle Phillips should ONLY play 1 position and that is DEFENSIVE END and not some D-Tackle position like they had him playing earlier in the year which made NO SENSE. Philips is an ELITE edge rusher w/ a super quick first step and by putting him in the middle at times, made him look AVERAGE at best. Butch and the defensive staff better get their head out of their a$$$ and put this kid at DE where he will be not good but GREAT !!!

That's right because you are definitely a better coach and judge of talent than our coaches on The Hill.

Reactions: 5 people
I am sure there will be some transfers, but I hope it is less than we had this time last year. It just seems unrealistic to anticipate retaining all of them. Time will tell. The good news is we shouldn't have long to wait.

I am sure there will be some transfers, but I hope it is less than we had this time last year. It just seems unrealistic to anticipate retaining all of them. Time will tell. The good news is we shouldn't have long to wait.

I'm hoping it is fewer than in any recent year because: everyone wants to be on a championship team, even if it means riding the pine and playing special teams for one year. :)

Look I know this may sound crazy and everything but this is a thread on possible transfers and I happen to have some inside information about Josh Dobbs relevant to the discussion so I'm going to go ahead and post it notwithstanding the negative consequences to the team or the opprobrium I may bring upon myself for doing so. I know everybody on Volnation wants to shoot the messenger but hear me out.

Facts--actually from Josh, overheard as he was muttering loudly to himself while riding his hoverboard around campus

Between signing day February 2013 and late December of this year Josh was furious about everything and 95% positive he was transferring. Josh had built a strong relationship with the Harvard and Princeton coaching staffs and was considering a transfer, or possibly jumping straight to astronaut school at NASA. These options were all seriously on the table.

Rumors--came from friends, acquaintances and relatives as hearsay about Josh

Josh is not happy about a lot of things. Which things I do not know, but here are some possibilities. First, Josh may be mad that CBJ burned his redshirt in 2014 and broke promises made to his mother that he could focus on academics. Josh may also be pissed that he's now the dual-threat centerpiece of a run-first spread attack despite the fact he was categorized as a "pocket passer" QB recruit in high school and told he could be the next Justin Worley. Josh may be especially angry that CMD called that lateral-pass-back-to-the-QB play against Florida, because now NFL scouts will look at him like a WR instead of as a QB. Josh may also be mad that his lineman are too young and his receivers can't stay healthy and drop too many of his passes. Josh is a nice kid, but he's primarily concerned about his future professional earnings and may want to transfer because his teammates suck. Finally, Josh may be angry that Tennessee is still recruiting QBs, and could leave school sometime soon given that JG just won the Under Armer passing challenge.

Speculation--possible outcomes on JD's future as hypothesized by Rusty the barber

1) Josh has gotten his crazy anger issues under control and will begrudgingly return to the team to lead Tennessee to a National Championship next year.

2) Josh has gone off the deep end and continues to wrestle with unspecified personal demons and irreconcilable resentments against his coaches and teammates that are now utterly beyond repair. He gone.

As fervently as I hope and pray it's number one, my connections close to Josh and the football team unfortunately tell me its likely number two. This whole post is a number two, TIFWIW.
Very underrated post

Reactions: 2 people
Trevor Knight to A & M and available next year to start. Could make the trip to Aggie land tougher. I know it's not Tennessee. But if affects us there next season.

Knight sucks. He had one outlier game vs Bama. OU never saw it before then and hasn't seen it since.

And Hurd isnt going to play in the Outback bowl because of his hamstring.....

Bob Kesling and Butch both said his hamstring was a question mark going into the game. Butch complimented Hurd and the training staff for their hard work and commitment to getting him healthy. Butch lying?

NEO, most of what you wrote was true, but he was never going to OSU though.

He was frustrated with the system, lack of blocking, getting the handoff basically standing still, having to generate yards after being hit at (or behind) the line of scrimmage almost every time that he touched the ball, etc.

Linemen have gotten better/healthy, and the system has now been tweaked a bit to his strengths.

Anyone notice how easily he got yards running out of the I with a lead blocker and a head of steam? Yes, I did too.

He's not going anywhere. The only thing that he is concerned with is getting stronger, faster, better balance and getting to Tampa next year.

THIS!!!! And according to his mom Tara that despite him being not happy about certain things at one time her son isnt transferring ANYWHERE. What player doesnt get frustrated at times? To me it isn't in his nature to jump ship regardless of if he was a little unhappy. HE is a competitor.

Look I know this may sound crazy and everything but this is a thread on possible transfers and I happen to have some inside information about Josh Dobbs relevant to the discussion so I'm going to go ahead and post it notwithstanding the negative consequences to the team or the opprobrium I may bring upon myself for doing so. I know everybody on Volnation wants to shoot the messenger but hear me out.

Facts--actually from Josh, overheard as he was muttering loudly to himself while riding his hoverboard around campus

Between signing day February 2013 and late December of this year Josh was furious about everything and 95% positive he was transferring. Josh had built a strong relationship with the Harvard and Princeton coaching staffs and was considering a transfer, or possibly jumping straight to astronaut school at NASA. These options were all seriously on the table.

Rumors--came from friends, acquaintances and relatives as hearsay about Josh

Josh is not happy about a lot of things. Which things I do not know, but here are some possibilities. First, Josh may be mad that CBJ burned his redshirt in 2014 and broke promises made to his mother that he could focus on academics. Josh may also be pissed that he's now the dual-threat centerpiece of a run-first spread attack despite the fact he was categorized as a "pocket passer" QB recruit in high school and told he could be the next Justin Worley. Josh may be especially angry that CMD called that lateral-pass-back-to-the-QB play against Florida, because now NFL scouts will look at him like a WR instead of as a QB. Josh may also be mad that his lineman are too young and his receivers can't stay healthy and drop too many of his passes. Josh is a nice kid, but he's primarily concerned about his future professional earnings and may want to transfer because his teammates suck. Finally, Josh may be angry that Tennessee is still recruiting QBs, and could leave school sometime soon given that JG just won the Under Armer passing challenge.

Speculation--possible outcomes on JD's future as hypothesized by Rusty the barber

1) Josh has gotten his crazy anger issues under control and will begrudgingly return to the team to lead Tennessee to a National Championship next year.

2) Josh has gone off the deep end and continues to wrestle with unspecified personal demons and irreconcilable resentments against his coaches and teammates that are now utterly beyond repair. He gone.

As fervently as I hope and pray it's number one, my connections close to Josh and the football team unfortunately tell me its likely number two. This whole post is a number two, TIFWIW.

How is a post like this allowed to stay on here?

Reactions: 3 people
All I know is Callahan said Kyle is thinking about it.

And Kyle's uncle says he isn't. Who are we rolling with? Family member with solid 'stats' or a skinny analyst that digs through teenagers garbage or pesters them with rapid fire questions portraying himself as a member of the media.

Reactions: 2 people
Jeffrey

8ad4a09fe50ad94c4925f047099ff285-0.jpg

"Rub the furry wall"

VN Store

Back