Android discussion (apps, etc.)

I had a galaxy6 and 8. Went to get an Upgrade because I needed a new tablet for blueprints at work. A new s10 was a grand, but they had 1 s9 in stock and i got it for a dollar. 1 dollar. 500 bucks with 499 credit. Got Samsung's newest tablet for free with unlimited data for 30 a month. So I got a new phone and tablet for 1 dollar and the company pays the bill. I could have gotten the s10 and nobody would have said a word...but I couldnt justify the 1000 dollar difference to myself when honestly my s8 never disappointed me or failed to do what I need it to. Guess I am on the odd numbers now..bring on the s11! Lol.

My wife has always been iPhone. I dont know how to even place a call or take a picture with her phone.

I had a galaxy6 and 8. Went to get an Upgrade because I needed a new tablet for blueprints at work. A new s10 was a grand, but they had 1 s9 in stock and i got it for a dollar. 1 dollar. 500 bucks with 499 credit. Got Samsung's newest tablet for free with unlimited data for 30 a month. So I got a new phone and tablet for 1 dollar and the company pays the bill. I could have gotten the s10 and nobody would have said a word...but I couldnt justify the 1000 dollar difference to myself when honestly my s8 never disappointed me or failed to do what I need it to. Guess I am on the odd numbers now..bring on the s11! Lol.

My wife has always been iPhone. I dont know how to even place a call or take a picture with her phone.
If you ever decide you need a job, hollar. :) You're my kind of employee. There aren't many of us who actually care about the health of the company.

Opinion. Currently have a SE iOS that is still solid and still does quite a bit. Have been a little intrigued by the Moto G7 Power. Mainly price point ($240 and a serious battery), pretty solid reviews and it's only Moto on Verizon that is not exclusive. But, it along with all the other Moto and Samsung and LG devices are sooooo big. Wife has S8+. Don't really have a desire for a Samsung for some reason. I've only ever had Windows phones or iPhones. So have been very hesitant to try an Android.

I have had a galaxy 4, 6 , 8, and 9 from Samsung, and I think they are the best phones made. Never had a single issue with any of them. As long as you dont get the note or plus versions, they arent big. The iPhones are the only phones that are really even comparable as far as features and processor, battery life etc from what I understand. If you can still find a galaxy9 in stock, like I did...they are awesome and very cheap. Mine was 500 with a 499 rebate...there is little difference in the 9 and the 10 for the average user.

@BearCat204 and others who got the Note 10+, how are you guys liking it? @DrRosenRosen has me interested in some of the great deals this week. l don't need to pull the trigger but I'm tempted.

@BearCat204 and others who got the Note 10+, how are you guys liking it? @DrRosenRosen has me interested in some of the great deals this week. l don't need to pull the trigger but I'm tempted.
I absolutely love it. Never thought I would be a Note user and much less would be a person who utilized the S pen, but I am. I struggle to come up with any negative for the phone other than it doesnt have Imessage. My last Iphone was the Iphone 8 Plus for comparison

I absolutely love it. Never thought I would be a Note user and much less would be a person who utilized the S pen, but I am. I struggle to come up with any negative for the phone other than it doesnt have Imessage. My last Iphone was the Iphone 8 Plus for comparison
I went and played with one at Best Buy today. I thought the side buttons felt kinda cheap and of course Bixby sucks, but other than that it seems solid. I'm in one of my "bored with iphone" phases so I'm thinking about it. Thanks for the feedback.

I went and played with one at Best Buy today. I thought the side buttons felt kinda cheap and of course Bixby sucks, but other than that it seems solid. I'm in one of my "bored with iphone" phases so I'm thinking about it. Thanks for the feedback.
How dare you, my buttons dont feel cheap.........................bixby does suck (thats what I was told I should think) and never have tried it, but you can remap that button to where you never have bixby come up. Thats how I am with the iphone/android cycle, I go back and forth.

How dare you, my buttons dont feel cheap.........................bixby does suck (thats what I was told I should think) and never have tried it, but you can remap that button to where you never have bixby come up. Thats how I am with the iphone/android cycle, I go back and forth.
I switch between Android/ios and windows/mac all the time. People think I'm nuts... and I tend to agree with them. But at least I'm not the only crazy person out there. lol.

When is the Note supposed to get Android 10? Any idea? That's my other issue with the Samsung ecosystem: slow OS updates.

I switch between Android/ios and windows/mac all the time. People think I'm nuts... and I tend to agree with them. But at least I'm not the only crazy person out there. lol.

When is the Note supposed to get Android 10? Any idea? That's my other issue with the Samsung ecosystem: slow OS updates.
ETA is Jan 20.............Sammy always the last with android updates. The beta is already out I think since the 14th

Reactions: Freak
What do you miss about iMessage? Have you tried Textra?

What do you miss about iMessage? Have you tried Textra?
Security and encryption, you can use Imessage on just Wifi when you have no phone signal, you can message from your computer, quality of photos and other media that you can send is better, read receipts, and the blue box. I have textra and have tried the others and they just arent as functional IMO than Imessage.

VN Store

Back